General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Gumby has next to no trade value due to his EXTENSIVE injury list. He won't leave Essendon because they have invested too much in him, and no team would pay what Essendon would demand in return. The only way he would leave is if he DEMANDED a trade to another club, which would be pretty low considering the amount of time and money they have put into getting his body right (well hopefully one day it will be ...... )

About 10 clubs are after Gumby, apparently Freo and Carlton are the front runners

IF Karnezis is a PROFESSIONAL athlete then he will do EVERYTHING in his power to improve his own game irrespective of where he is based. If he doesn't it is a blight on him, and could very well lead to his AFL career coming to an end ....... Him blowing off a season is a bigger risk to his AFL career than it is his trade value ......
Not sure if I've misinterpreted what you're saying, but you seem to be implying Karnezis isn't doing all he can to realise his potential/take his opportunity.

Was trying to find out where he's been at this season, and came across the story below... a bit of a fluff piece, but overall seems pretty positive, and mentions the fact he's been playing midfield in reserves to build his tank and fitness base... as I said, overall it seems only positive sounds coming out of the Lions about him. Wouldn't be the first player to be keen to move closer to family/friends if there is any truth to that, as has been suggested.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...el-against-swans/story-e6freck3-1226419364720

About 10 clubs are after Gumby, apparently Freo and Carlton are the front runners

And as I said, what would it take for Essendon to accept a trade for Gumby ??? What would Carlton need to give up for a player who was once a #2 ND selection, has played in 28 games in the 7 seasons (god he would be a RFA next year :eek:) and has a career high bag of 4 goals to his name.

Not sure if I've misinterpreted what you're saying, but you seem to be implying Karnezis isn't doing all he can to realise his potential/take his opportunity.

Was trying to find out where he's been at this season, and came across the story below... a bit of a fluff piece, but overall seems pretty positive, and mentions the fact he's been playing midfield in reserves to build his tank and fitness base... as I said, overall it seems only positive sounds coming out of the Lions about him. Wouldn't be the first player to be keen to move closer to family/friends if there is any truth to that, as has been suggested.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...el-against-swans/story-e6freck3-1226419364720

No Dannnnnn was saying that the Lions MUST trade him this year (while under contract) otherwise he will be disinterested and he won't play well NEXT year, so his trade value would drop ........

No Dannnnnn was saying that the Lions MUST trade him this year (while under contract) otherwise he will be disinterested and he won't play well NEXT year, so his trade value would drop ........
Not what I was saying at all. All I'm saying is that if he decides he wants to go somewhere for next year's season it would be in Brisbane's best interest to try and work out a deal. Otherwise they run the risk of him running into personal issues and nobody wanting him the year after. Nowhere did I say they have to trade him.

OK then... In that case, I'm not sure why he would assume that? Or maybe we've both misinterpreted what he's said!

Not what I was saying at all. All I'm saying is that if he decides he wants to go somewhere for next year's season it would be in Brisbane's best interest to try and work out a deal. Otherwise they run the risk of him running into personal issues and nobody wanting him the year after. Nowhere did I say they have to trade him.

Yes you worded it in such a passive agressive way that you didn't DIRECTLY say it but you IMPLIED it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone reckon Gumbleton for Crozier would be a good trade? Both players go home

Whilst I like big Gumby, Crozier could be the next Fyfe (not quite as good as Fyfe) with what he has shown this year and given he is approx 5 years younger and not injury prone the answer becomes simple - no thanks.

Didn't Patty K get 40+ touches in one of his midfield games in the 2s? They want to turn him into a Pendlebury type.

I'm pretty sure most clubs want to turn their midfielders into Pendlebury types. Actually doing it is the hard part. :p

To put form in the 2's into perspective, Brad Symes regularly gets 35 touches in SANFL games, a league which is far superior to the QAFL/NEAFL. Unfortunately, it doesn't mean he's any good at AFL level.

I'm pretty sure most clubs want to turn their midfielders into Pendlebury types. Actually doing it is the hard part. :p

To put form in the 2's into perspective, Brad Symes regularly gets 35 touches in SANFL games, a league which is far superior to the QAFL/NEAFL. Unfortunately, it doesn't mean he's any good at AFL level.

Yeah, think it's a bit of a different scenario with Karnezis though. As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of a fan. We've got our guys who rack up touches in the NEAFL (Hawksley, Stiller) but can't convert at senior level, but Karnezis is far from one of them.

He's quite simply all class. His reading of the play is sublime, as is his decision making and composure under pressure. Add this to an outstanding goal sense and great field vision and you can see why we're trying to develop him from someone with a relatively low tank who can maybe kick two goals up forward to a midfielder who rotates forward and can have much more influence on the game.

I definitely hope we can keep him and that these homesickness rumours subside. We've got a few kids on our list that just scream potential - Polec, Beams and Clarke are probably the others to come to mind - and I firmly believe that Karnezis has all the tools to be among the competition's best.

That's why I'd be very disappointed if we made the decision to trade him this year. I think he's worth much more than pick 27 personally, but based on what he's shown in terms of performances so far, sadly that's probably on the mark. But if he sticks around next season, as I imagine he will... well, much more senior time, belief in your game, and progression as a club can do a lot in terms of convincing someone to stay.

A lot of guys put their kids into midfield in the 2s to develop, even if they only see them as backs or forwards at the top level. Wouldn't read *too* much into it, in terms of their long-term plans for him.

Either way surely a fwd at the Lions right now would be pretty dumb to leave, right now? Spots are there for the taking.

A lot of guys put their kids into midfield in the 2s to develop, even if they only see them as backs or forwards at the top level. Wouldn't read *too* much into it, in terms of their long-term plans for him.

Either way surely a fwd at the Lions right now would be pretty dumb to leave, right now? Spots are there for the taking.

If he did leave though, it'd be homesickness. Not to do with lack of opportunity at all. In saying that, I reckon if he spent a lot of time in the seniors next year, that could convince him to stay.

Essentially, he's been in the twos to develop from a skilled but slightly awkard-moving and small engined medium forward to a long running skilled midfielder/forward. Hold very high hopes for him. Change of Patty K's in my avatar is merely precautionary.

Any one interested in joining trade game? Join the one created by Cotch_9

Take this with a grain of salt as this is from 2007, but have a look:

He reads the play well, takes great marks, leads into the ball, a set shot king (kicked at 94% accuracy in 2011)...

Also take into account the fact that Lisle is about 6cm taller and one year older, yet only 1kg heavier - Panos has a nicer build for his age and will continue developing. Yes, he has a wide turning circle and not too much speed, but they're not that bad. Lisle has yet to show anything amazing and (if my sources are correct) doesn't read the play very well at all.

Your sources suck - Lisle has great vision in traffic and touch for a big man. He also played the last 4-5 games for us and showed plenty after a slow start up North.

Panos got promoted at the start of the season and still couldn't get a game in a Doggies forward line that was screaming out for a key forward.

No deal

One week before 18 weeks later.....you got flogged by 96 points, did u forget that champ
Stay on topic champ. If you want to talk about his sig, do it on his profile, not in here

Caddy deal won't get done

Remove this Banner Ad

General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back