Getting sick of seeing replays of Nicknat's ruckwork

Remove this Banner Ad

His influence on games is a lot higher than his stats often show. You said yourself he looked very good, why should finding out he only had 13 touches change that?

It seems to me that his ability as a clearance player for a ruckman is the area in which he stands out.

I would be interested in seeing some overall clearance stats for ruckmen.

The love fest for Nicnat is way over the top. The kid shows a ton of potential, but lets face facts, 3 other kids have already beaten him for Rising Star noms and 13 disposals, 5 marks and a goal probably isn't going to get him nominated this week.

I would be looking for a direct connection between sponsors and the networks.

Bruce is in Luv with the boy. I hope their is no more 'connection' than that:eek:

Has anyone checked out the rubbish in todays Hun?
Rising Star Nick Naitanui? You can bet on it

THE series of text messages started about 10 o'clock last night.

All we can reveal is that the Herald Sun has obtained a copy of the SMS exchange between two of the most powerful men in the game during half-time of the Essendon-West Coast game from Subiaco.

The topic was Nick Naitanui and the NAB Rising Star Award.
"Don't stuff it up this week," was the opening message.
"But if we nominate him this week, the rest of the nominations are irrelevant because we know the big Nic Nat is going to win the whole thing," was the first response.

"I don't care. If he was in a half decent team he'd win the Brownlow as well this year, so tell Curly and the boys to do what they're told ... and, by the way, do you know what odds he is for the Brownlow?"

There was a five-minute gap before the final text was sent. It read: "Ease up, big fella. Given all the Fevola stuff, I think we should lay low on the punt at the minute."

The reality is, even though it's only April, these two teams are unlikely to figure in September, though Naitanui just may, making someone in AFL House very happy.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ou-can-bet-on-it/story-e6frf9jf-1225854758415

It looks as though the Rising Star Award is rigged in 2010.

How would the Herald Sun get hold of a copy of these txt msgs in the first place? I don't like the sound of anything being rigged, Im not sure what to make of this :confused:

Has anyone checked out the rubbish in todays Hun?

It looks as though the Rising Star Award is rigged in 2010.

I Hope not. :( :thumbsdown:

As much as I would love to see NicNat win it, i would like to see him win it fairly. There are some talented boys in the running this year, Its a very good future we have to look forward to. :thumbsu:

I hate gambling on things like the rising star, because no matter how much a player may deserve to win the award, there will always be an element of doubt as to the validity of the result, especially where big sums are involved.

But as for seeing NicNats ruckwork over & over again, thats just going to happen, until he turns into a full forward & dominates that is. :D Essendon didn't really play him at all well in fairness, they seemed intent on just playing the man instead of the ball. David Hille is a better ruckmen than Natainui right now, whats the point? If he played the ball he would have had a much more effect in the ruck against Naitanui IMO.

In all seriousness, he has kept us in every game with his ruckwork/plays around the game when we've needed it. We may be terrible this year thus far, but hes our shining light. Cox may be the leading ruckmen in the side & rightly so, but we now have a ruck combination that will be one of the best in the league, if they continue to develop at the rate they are..

Stop comparing the sport to basketball. It's a lot more physical, more endurance based than power based due to the game and requires a completely different set of skills.
It's ridiculous.

NN doesn't train for basketball and vice versa so it's really pointless.
As for the replay and constant commentator jizz, it's ****ing annoying. It's like chris judd all over again, being massively overrated (not that he isn't amazing)

NicNat is not over rated. I understand exactly why people are jizzing all over him. It's Chris Judd all over again.

You know when you watch an under 12's match and some big kid has developed early than everyone else? And he totally dominates because he's bigger, faster, and can jump higher?

We are witnessing this - except everyone is fully developed and the guy dominating is 19.

He lacks the composure and footy smarts of his contemporaries but his physical skill is absurd.

I remember Judd used to rove a tap from Gardiner or Cox, burst out of the centre huddle and kick a ogoal from 50. The whole football community came in their pants. NicNat does the same but he roves his own ruck tap.

This guy is simply frightening and given he lacks true footballsmarts, a lot of people wait in anticipation as to what happens if he develops that.

NicNat is not over rated. I understand exactly why people are jizzing all over him. It's Chris Judd all over again.

You know when you watch an under 12's match and some big kid has developed early than everyone else? And he totally dominates because he's bigger, faster, and can jump higher?

We are witnessing this - except everyone is fully developed and the guy dominating is 19.

He lacks the composure and footy smarts of his contemporaries but his physical skill is absurd.

I remember Judd used to rove a tap from Gardiner or Cox, burst out of the centre huddle and kick a ogoal from 50. The whole football community came in their pants. NicNat does the same but he roves his own ruck tap.

This guy is simply frightening and given he lacks true footballsmarts, a lot of people wait in anticipation as to what happens if he develops that.

Get a few seasons and a few injuries into his body and he'll be just another ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop comparing the sport to basketball. It's a lot more physical, more endurance based than power based due to the game and requires a completely different set of skills.
It's ridiculous.

NN doesn't train for basketball and vice versa so it's really pointless.
As for the replay and constant commentator jizz, it's ****ing annoying. It's like chris judd all over again, being massively overrated (not that he isn't amazing)

So what your saying is no sport could possibly learn anything from another because they are different???
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And also, we weren't comparing the sport, we were comparing the size vs fitness factor. And I stand by what I said. A lot of afl players could and should improve both the fitness base and their overall size with better training.

So what your saying is no sport could possibly learn anything from another because they are different???
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And also, we weren't comparing the sport, we were comparing the size vs fitness factor. And I stand by what I said. A lot of afl players could and should improve both the fitness base and their overall size with better training.
Learnt to read squib

. I said comparisons are useless not that you can't learn from it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You ARE comparing the sport, people are comparing athleticism and factors like vertical leaps when in reality the sports require different strengths and the athletes complete very different training routines focusing on different areas of athleticism.

Learnt to read squib

. I said comparisons are useless not that you can't learn from it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You ARE comparing the sport, people are comparing athleticism and factors like vertical leaps when in reality the sports require different strengths and the athletes complete very different training routines focusing on different areas of athleticism.

I bet this guy just wants him to get bigger so that he can fap more at the million and one replays that get shown of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting sick of seeing replays of Nicknat's ruckwork

Remove this Banner Ad

Back