Getting sick of seeing replays of Nicknat's ruckwork

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicnat's challenges will really mount soon as opposition start putting time in to him. He really has no idea where to position himself. It's hilarious the way he positions himself around packs. He just shuffles sideways about 2 metres off the pack absolutely not in the vision of a west coast player if they win the ball. He really doesn't have the instinct to position himself around the ground.
Think he's going to hit a brick wall as soon as ruckman learn how to work him over.

Nicnat's challenges will really mount soon as opposition start putting time in to him. He really has no idea where to position himself. It's hilarious the way he positions himself around packs. He just shuffles sideways about 2 metres off the pack absolutely not in the vision of a west coast player if they win the ball. He really doesn't have the instinct to position himself around the ground.
Think he's going to hit a brick wall as soon as ruckman learn how to work him over.
yeah sandilands will be useless to as soon as they work him out. i can also see gary ablett averaging 7 possies as soon as they work him out to.

Chip on your shoulder much? Sorry, forgot, you're a North fan. Goes with the territory.

Being a slave to the hype of the local media is also a common WCE supporter trait.

Bastinac has been better, than Natanui so far in 2010.

Hanneberry was better than Natanui this round.

4 rounds in and the unbeatable favorite still doesn't have a nomination.

He can be stopped in the ruck contest by running into him at the centre bounce (might be a free kick though) and out positioning around the ground at throw ins and ball ups. However he can't be stopped when the ball hits the floor because he's a lot quicker and more agile than other rucks and KPP's. He also is a lot stronger if being tackled by a smaller player.

Positioning can be taught and he is learning via the tutelage of Cox and Eastaugh. Cox at the same age also had no idea of positioning but he's proof it can be learned, and he's now passing on that same knowledge to Naitanui.

This was evident in the third on Friday night where he positioned himself off the play on the half back line and broke up a few of Essendon's attacking moves though good placement.

Being a slave to the hype of the local media is also a common WCE supporter trait.

What have you seen? SFA no doubt.

Positioning can be taught and he is learning via the tutelage of Cox and Eastaugh. Cox at the same age also had no idea of positioning but he's proof it can be learned, and he's now passing on that same knowledge to Naitanui.

This was evident in the third on Friday night where he positioned himself off the play on the half back line and broke up a few of Essendon's attacking moves though good placement.

That's nothing new though. He commonly did this in colts. I remember a particular game, prelim final, against Claremont and for a quarter Cale Morton just kept kicking it long into the forward line, with Nick waiting there.

Some people on this thread want to knock him on his positioning etc, that's a big meh for me. I get peed off because the media just do no research, they only had to watch him a couple of games at colts to see what he might be able to do, but they're too lazy to do it.

Whilst watching the obligatory half time Natanui highlight reel during the exciting Demons vs. Tigers game today I was left wondering where the Mumford highlight reel was since the big lovefest seems to be about a ruckman with good second efforts.

NickNat- 13 disposals, 17 hitouts, 5 tackles and a goal
Mummy- 12 disposals, 23 hitouts, 5 tackles

Yes. Mumford > Naitanui. We all know how its about the stats. Naitanui's influence on a game would have been much higher than Mumfords. I also note that you pick and choose statistics.

Contested Possessions? Naitanui had 3 more. Clearances? Naitanui had over double Mumfords at 7. Hitouts to Advantage? Cant find the stat but I would say Naitanui would be well in front.

Dont bother posting stats if your so blatantly one-eyed to suggest that Mumford had close to the same impact as Naita

Yes. Mumford > Naitanui. We all know how its about the stats. Naitanui's influence on a game would have been much higher than Mumfords. I also note that you pick and choose statistics.

Contested Possessions? Naitanui had 3 more. Clearances? Naitanui had over double Mumfords at 7. Hitouts to Advantage? Cant find the stat but I would say Naitanui would be well in front.

Dont bother posting stats if your so blatantly one-eyed to suggest that Mumford had close to the same impact as Naita
I gotta agree with this. Don't get me wrong- Mumford had a good day at the office, and I'm very happy we've got him, but Naitanui's influence on the game was greater. He's a freak talent and every supporter from another club would love to have him.

I was just reflecting on the highlights package shown at half time of the game today, it was all taps and second efforts and that's a large part of what I've seen from Mumford.

Did you see the Swans vs. Kangaroos game by any chance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how many players in the AFL right now have a higher trade value than this freak?

WC have been very lucky to have both Judd and Nick play for them... certainly does help you get through the tough times..

Whilst watching the obligatory half time Natanui highlight reel during the exciting Demons vs. Tigers game today I was left wondering where the Mumford highlight reel was since the big lovefest seems to be about a ruckman with good second efforts.

How many times did Mumford rove his own tap sprint away from a bunch of midfielders to deliver it into the forward 50. I completely agree that the hype is over the top, but those relying on stats to prove that "lol nokickanui is total hack maaaan!" have deadset no idea. If you cant appreciate and enjoy what an exciting talent he is than thats a little sad; team allegiances and over the top media hype aside. However those that cant, are probably in the same group of people who think Riewoldt is just a diver, Ablett is a hack and Judd is past it.

Show and name any ruckman do what he does, leap tap tap to self break tackle dont argue someone hand ball to self pick up break tackle hand ball to team mate.

That is all, you cannot argue.

When he starts slotting those goals roving his own ruck.... dunno what to say

How many times did Mumford rove his own tap sprint away from a bunch of midfielders to deliver it into the forward 50. I completely agree that the hype is over the top, but those relying on stats to prove that "lol nokickanui is total hack maaaan!" have deadset no idea. If you cant appreciate and enjoy what an exciting talent he is than thats a little sad; team allegiances and over the top media hype aside. However those that cant, are probably in the same group of people who think Riewoldt is just a diver, Ablett is a hack and Judd is past it.
I haven't suggested that he's a hack at all.

Most of Nic Nat's brilliance happened in the first 2 and a half quarters when we built a 9 goal lead.

He copped a corky - went down to the change rooms and along with lecras - was protected for the rest of the game

and comparing possessions is folly - otherwise we'd all still be hailing Joel bowden's 20 marks a few years back

Hannebery has been better than Naitanui in 2010, not just this round. His games against the Crows and North were very very good. Fyi I'm only mentioning this because you brought his name up, I'm not interested in a pissing contest.

Epic fail. These players have been solid, if not good, but they aren't even close to the same league as NicNat. Neither of these guys have regularly burst out of the centre break and kicked a goal.

Both are good solid young players that are proving their worth. However neither are game breakers as yet.

Nick Naitanui wins games. The others don't. Simple as that.

NN is the LeBron James of the AFL, commentators will jack off while watching his replays, so get used to it and tune out.

He'll get praise for doing thing others do regularly because he's exciting.

No knock on NN, he's great. But commentators will make a few watchers hate him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting sick of seeing replays of Nicknat's ruckwork

Remove this Banner Ad

Back