Getting sick of seeing replays of Nicknat's ruckwork

Remove this Banner Ad

NN is the LeBron James of the AFL, commentators will jack off while watching his replays, so get used to it and tune out.

He'll get praise for doing thing others do regularly because he's exciting.

No knock on NN, he's great. But commentators will make a few watchers hate him.

Yeah i agree.

Both are good solid young players that are proving their worth. However neither are game breakers as yet.

Nick Naitanui wins games. The others don't. Simple as that.

I think your impaired by your own bias. Obviously NicNat is an exceptional talent but maybe if you had a close look at both Bustanut and Hanners you would value their influence a lot more. Hanners won that game for us when it was there to be grabbed and Busta got the gig on ROK (I think) and played a wonderful role in shutting down his influence when he had been one of the most in-form players in the comp. Not to mention his previous role on Kerr which definitely proved to play a crucial role in overpowering WC.

Nic Nat may be able to do freakish and skillful plays but the other two have exception talents as well and have played on a consistent basis for their teams in the games so far. I'd like to think all three are level pegging right now. They contribute different things but none is more valuable to their team than the other.

There is a little perspective for you.

I think your impaired by your own bias. Obviously NicNat is an exceptional talent but maybe if you had a close look at both Bustanut and Hanners you would value their influence a lot more. Hanners won that game for us when it was there to be grabbed and Busta got the gig on ROK (I think) and played a wonderful role in shutting down his influence when he had been one of the most in-form players in the comp. Not to mention his previous role on Kerr which definitely proved to play a crucial role in overpowering WC.

Nic Nat may be able to do freakish and skillful plays but the other two have exception talents as well and have played on a consistent basis for their teams in the games so far. I'd like to think all three are level pegging right now. They contribute different things but none is more valuable to their team than the other.

There is a little perspective for you.

Pretty rich coming from a supporter of one of the players that i said was not as good a game breaker as NN.

Take some of your own councel perhaps. :rolleyes:

I watched the North game, as you would expect, Bastinac did not win them the game. He played extremely well but was only tagging in the 1st half and some of the 2nd.

Show me where i undervalued both players?

And that last line is a total wank!

Pretty rich coming from a supporter of one of the players that i said was not as good a game breaker as NN.

Take some of your own councel perhaps. :rolleyes:

I watched the North game, as you would expect, Bastinac did not win them the game. He played extremely well but was only tagging in the 1st half and some of the 2nd.

Show me where i undervalued both players?

And that last line is a total wank!

I do think you understood what i was getting at. The crux of my argument is not that you undervalued Hanners and Busta, but rather you overvalue NicNat.

Also I don't see why you think its a pretty rich statement. It not like i'm calling my player a 'game breaker' or better than some of the other young talents this year. Actually it's you making these claims and lashing high praise on your own player. I hardly think you can dismiss Busta's performance because he did not 'win the game'. It not like WC have won that many games off the back of NN. :rolleyes: If a young player was only valued off their ability to win games then the praise should be on hanners who achieved that this week. We both know that is a poor indication of a players performance. Admit to the fact your logic is flawed.

I've got a grounded perspective and I don't think you can prove otherwise. Obviously from your defensiveness of NicNat, its something your lacking in...

I do think you understood what i was getting at. The crux of my argument is not that you undervalued Hanners and Busta, but rather you overvalue NicNat.

Also I don't see why you think its a pretty rich statement. It not like i'm calling my player a 'game breaker' or better than some of the other young talents this year. Actually it's you making these claims and lashing high praise on your own player. I hardly think you can dismiss Busta's performance because he did not 'win the game'. It not like WC have won that many games off the back of NN. :rolleyes: If a young player was only valued off their ability to win games then the praise should be on hanners who achieved that this week. We both know that is a poor indication of a players performance. Admit to the fact your logic is flawed.

I've got a grounded perspective and I don't think you can prove otherwise. Obviously from your defensiveness of NicNat, its something your lacking in...

Dear lost in time,

You ahve missed the point.

Soe work ard and are very effective.

Some, like the very young NN are just exciting and look brilliant on TV. For many sitting in front of ther TV he is great entertainment.

You can ponder that for the remainder of you life, along with things like why didnt Carey win a B'low.

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind.

I'm am not overvaluing NN nor am i under valuing the other two players. I was replying to someone's post and you being the champ that you are wanted to butt in and tell us all how grounded you are and a modern day footy oracle.

You also said that each player has a similar worth to each club. That is total garbage. If each club has the choice of any of the three players all would pick NN.

This doesn't mean that the others are not good players. Even though its almost impossible to tell after 4 games let alone 10 or 14. Get over it.

Obviously I was wrong. Obviously NicNat is our premier youngster. Obviously he's got better skills than any of the other young blokes who are solid only because they 'work' hard and not because they actually show some genuine talent and brilliant skill. Obviously I'm the one jumping to conclusions and making extraordinary claims on the basis of a few games. Obviously (because I can't speak for other clubs unlike MaxHunt who understands what every club wants and needs) the swans who rate Hanners as an exceptional kid and 'captaincy material' would jump at the chance of having NicNat and kick dan right to the curb....

Obviously having a contrary opinion is wrong as well. :rolleyes:

Lets agree to disagree and continue to value the talent in our respective youngsters without having to contemplate IF they are the best because we KNOW they will be the best. :thumbsu: Okay? :)

Obviously I was wrong. Obviously NicNat is our premier youngster. Obviously he's got better skills than any of the other young blokes who are solid only because they 'work' hard and not because they actually show some genuine talent and brilliant skill. Obviously I'm the one jumping to conclusions and making extraordinary claims on the basis of a few games. Obviously (because I can't speak for other clubs unlike MaxHunt who understands what every club wants and needs) the swans who rate Hanners as an exceptional kid and 'captaincy material' would jump at the chance of having NicNat and kick dan right to the curb....

Lets agree to disagree and continue to value the talent in our respective youngsters without having to contemplate IF they are the best because we KNOW they will be the best. :thumbsu: Okay? :)

Oh, poor you. A touch dramatic there.

We can agree however, that there is some super talent coming through at the moment. Hanners being one of them.

I reckon it's almost even money who will be the better player b/n Hanners & NicNat in 5 years time (haven't seen enough of Bastinac to make an opinion). NN has played more senior footy so his highlights reel is better and it looks like he'll be a star - less evidence on Hanners so far, but he's scarcely played a bad game. He could be a Simon Black or Greg Williams.

You are still missing the point, perhaps because of you prejudice.

TV shows what is entertaining - it has nothing at all to do with ability.

there is nothing to agree about or disagree about

You are still missing the point, perhaps because of you prejudice.

TV shows what is entertaining - it has nothing at all to do with ability.

there is nothing to agree about or disagree about

Genuinely, WTF are you talking about??? :confused:

This has everything to do with ability and absolutely nothing to do with TV and its ability to showcase entertainment.

Don't worry about the reply. I'm pretty much done with defending my opinion (hence why MaxHunt and I agreed to disagree).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NN is the LeBron James of the AFL, commentators will jack off while watching his replays, so get used to it and tune out.

He'll get praise for doing thing others do regularly because he's exciting.

No knock on NN, he's great. But commentators will make a few watchers hate him.

We had the same when Judd was with us. The way some commentators carried on, he was the only player in the team. The same experts still do the same with him now at Carlton.

Be a shame if watchers hated Nic for it - not his problem, it is the commentator's problem.

Positioning can be taught and he is learning via the tutelage of Cox and Eastaugh. .

That might be OK in 1975 when he could just stand a hole at CHB, or like Jeff White did. But when the ball is around a pack he is freaking hilarious. He has no idea where to position himself and that will be his lot for his career. Watch it, it's really funny.

Epic fail. These players have been solid, if not good, but they aren't even close to the same league as NicNat. Neither of these guys have regularly burst out of the centre break and kicked a goal.

Naitanui doesn't "regularly" do that either.

I see you watch a lot of television and read lot of papers.

Lol, best thing you've posted.

Both are good solid young players that are proving their worth. However neither are game breakers as yet.

Nick Naitanui wins games. The others don't. Simple as that.

Hannebery did break the game open on Saturday, most people have recognised this. If you try to deny that you either didn't see the game or you're blinded by your own ignorance.

Which is it?

We had the same when Judd was with us. The way some commentators carried on, he was the only player in the team. The same experts still do the same with him now at Carlton.

Be a shame if watchers hated Nic for it - not his problem, it is the commentator's problem.

Agreed, just like endless replays of Gazza breaking tackles. Still exciting to watch but the law of diminishing returns kicks in after the sixth replay.

Genuinely, WTF are you talking about??? :confused:

This has everything to do with ability and absolutely nothing to do with TV and its ability to showcase entertainment.

Don't worry about the reply. I'm pretty much done with defending my opinion (hence why MaxHunt and I agreed to disagree).
You have nothing to defend.
TV stations employ editors to pick our entertaining replays. Not dull boring methodical replays no matter how good the skills etc are.

The AFL is a self proclaimed member of the entertainment industry. TV is about ratings which are a measure of mass entertainment value.

The big N is entertaining. Nothing more has been stated.

You are struggling with reality.

You have nothing to defend.
TV stations employ editors to pick our entertaining replays. Not dull boring methodical replays no matter how good the skills etc are.

The AFL is a self proclaimed member of the entertainment industry. TV is about ratings which are a measure of mass entertainment value.

The big N is entertaining. Nothing more has been stated.

You are struggling with reality.

Many of those who know him are pressuring him to get rid of his ridiculous mop top.

In round 4, Nick Naitanui received 10 votes in the AFLCA Champion Player of the Year.

That brings his season total to 15.

At the end of round 4, the West Coast leaderboard is as below;

15 Nic Naitanui (WCE)
11 Matt Priddis (WCE)
8 Mark LeCras (WCE)
4 Beau Waters (WCE)
3 Josh Kennedy (WCE)
2 Dean Cox (WCE)
2 Sam Butler (WCE)

To put that in perspective, that sits him at about 11th in the league. The leaderboard is below;

27 Jonathan Brown (BL)
21 Gary Ablett (GEEL)
20 Matthew Pavlich (FRE)
20 Aaron Sandilands (FRE)
19 Jared Brennan (BL)
19 Luke Hodge (HAW)
19 Nick Riewoldt (STK)
18 Ben McGlynn (SYD)
17 Michael Rischitelli (BL)
16 Ryan Griffen (WB)

Sure, West Coast aren't great, but his influence on our games has been MASSIVE. Not only did his clearance domination lead us to victory against Essendon, stunning periods from him were the only reason we were even in the Brisbane and Port games.

I'm not downplaying the ability of the other two but Naitanui has been exciting, dynamic and clearly West Coast's and one of the AFL's most influential players this year. That is why he gets the highlights.

Lucky for us both will be on display as NN monster's Sydney this weekend at the SCG
Bah, the people of Sydney have watched enough already this season to know Sakai will dominate your foolish NN.
sakai01.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting sick of seeing replays of Nicknat's ruckwork

Remove this Banner Ad

Back