Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got good vibes about the game but frankly, I'm surprised at the number of tipsters picking us.

Looking at it logically, Sydney have had the easier path, we have some key players under some sort of injury cloud....Lachie, Hipwood and Payne and the Swans have a damaging midfield that is at least the equal of ours.

If we win this, it will be on heart, guts and sheer will to win.
I think perhaps the main reason people are tipping us is because they're invested in the story of us winning the premiership and the odds we've overcame this season and this finals series to get here.

The AFL shelling out 5 million dollars for Katy Perry is a waste of money. I would much rather the AFL put that money towards the fans by subsidising access to food and drink at the MCG. In these tough economic times, that amount would enable 1,000 fans to buy a pie, small chips and a light beer.
No no . . . we have to copy American sport and make it a gigantic massive event you know . . .and have a great flog over it all. Couldn't just, do our own unique Australian thing for our unique Australian game could we. AFL HQ are true flogs

Geez the majority are picking us. Only makes me marginally less nervous.

View attachment 2122672

View attachment 2122673
While a few other realistic names could be added to the potential Norm Smith medalist, those predictions sum up the game reasonable well.

Their “big 3” is the real concern, with Warner and Heeney equal top of the predictions, while we have had 8 different player thrown up, showing a more even spread at the top end talent. (I do like Hodgey love for Harris)
Really pumped for the game, but nervous are really starting to build.

[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="Bucking Beads" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Surely we keep McKenna as the sub. Can’t see us changing that.

Was thinking this made sense too, then saw McKenna named on field. Bench is Lohman, Ah Chee, Starcevich, Answerth and Morris. Don’t like any of them as Sub!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I come in peace.

I am genuinely shocked that the Big O has been dropped for Darcy Fort due to his shoulder. Surely a half banged up Big O is a far better option than Fort? Why not play the Big O with a heavily taped shoulder? After Saturday he has 6 months to recover.

Hoping the game isn’t lost due to this decision.

For what it’s worth despite our rivalry I’m hoping to see the Lions get up.

All the best for Saturday.

I come in peace.

I am genuinely shocked that the Big O has been dropped for Darcy Fort due to his shoulder. Surely a half banged up Big O is a far better option than Fort? Why not play the Big O with a heavily taped shoulder? After Saturday he has 6 months to recover.

shocked sesame street GIF

He double dislocated his shoulder lad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fort clunking a few while resting forward could be huge considering how accurate he is kicking for goal.
I was actually wondering about this myself.

If Fort can just compete in the ruck and make it a neutral contest and go with Grundy around the ground he's done his job.

GF's have a history of unheralded big guys clunking marks and scoring, not as often in this era, but it happens.

I am genuinely shocked that the Big O has been dropped for Darcy Fort due to his shoulder. Surely a half banged up Big O is a far better option than Fort?
I don't know much about how a player rucks in a professional game of AFL. But, if Gawn thinks Fort is a good ruck, because he has played on Fort in a Semi Final, it's a pretty big compliment of our ruck stocks.

Darcy will do well,I have seen him some good games!!
As for some players sore,have a look at the 2003 GF,we had a lot of banged up players.

If we can somehow finish square in the midfield against the swans then i would be very confident of us winning the game. Midfield is the key battle. We hold our own in there, im very confident.
Also just got home from melbourne united basketball at John Cain Arena and was speaking with a brisbane member who was a P2 and he was only getting one ticket and he missed out.

I've rewatched a bit of Ted Lasso this week

I originally thought it was slightly cheesy but still a wholesome, feel-good, take the heat of a tough day at work kinda telly.

Swannies are a great team, nice supporters, too.......

But slowly, as the week goes on, I'm starting to believe, I reckon we may get this one, gang.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

I come in peace.

We have a rivalry? Since when? Honestly, I like Suns, Swans and Giants over those "heartland" teams who call us "interstate".

We genuinely are quite set at the ruck level. Oscar is a bit of a cult figure, but he isnt a superstar ruck. He absolutely does his job and plays the level, but losing him and replacing him with Forte... you're getting 95% of the ability. It's more of an emotional loss than a quality loss.

Very different to the other lines.
If Harris was out, next cab is Darragh Joyce.
If Lachie went out, next cab is Dev.
If Joe went out, next cab is Henry Smith.

Much as we all love O, he's more replaceable, even if it breaks your heart just a little...

Well we’ve been hyped in the media all week, I hope the players haven’t been buying into it and think it’s just going to happen. This is going to be our toughest game yet by far. Sydney play the style we struggle with most. We can do it but this is not going to be a walk in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back