Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still 13 picks behind 22
There's an awful lot to of good talent that will pass between those two picks

Pick 35 or GAGF
Agreeing. Was saying that pick 35 is a 2nd round pick, given the circumstances seems more than fair. But we will see. Pick 19 and 22 to the draft surely.

Not sure how you drew the conclusion I'd be happy to give up Duncan or Cockatoo. Was making the point that both teams knew Ablett was wanting to come here at least 12 months ago, so something could have been sorted by then. The fact we're hearing that there's meeting going on when there are only 24 hours left of trade period is amazing given all the time they had to work it out. Maybe we tried and they weren't cooperating, but it's a strange set of circumstances. Compare this to the Dangerfield trade that both teams knew about earlier and knocked over in a few minutes.

The point I am making is that if the other club is making unrealistic demands what can we do? We either wait it out (as we seem to be doing) or buckle and pay overs....

Dangerfield scenario is totally different. Out of Contract and in his prime.

If Lang goes to Carlton or GC he'll get a fair few games mainly because they're crap and he'd become close to best 22. Not so at a stronger club.
Particularly now that Carlton has opened discussions with Adelaide on Bryce Gibbs

Still too much.
I'm trying to be flexible.........I did offer to throw in Stanley as part of the deal as well.
I agree it's too high, but it's obvious it's not going to get done at a price I'd be happy with.

If it were up to me.......late pick and a spud like Stanley or Murdoch, or nothing.
Why do we have to get bent over to get Ablett home? I know it's appealing to the romanticists, but don't owe him squat!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird definition of **** up.

Using your definition I’ll say it was a **** up for Wells to say we’d be happy to keep him!
Maybe. It would seem rather strange when you know your losing Motlop you are completely non fussed about keeping one of the only other outside players you have.
That is a **** up for mine. Strange list management.
Lang was happy at Geelong and even turned down a Carlton trade last year.
Also turned down GC this year.
We don't want to keep him and tried to trade him to the Gold Coast.
We don't want him & unless his as shit as you think he is it's a very very strange decision.

35 in a shallow draft, when he have two picks ahead of it, is adequate.

I disagree.

The chance at getting a player is more valuable to me than someone who is limping at the absolute twilight of his career. 35 is still not a bad pick, there will be good players around that mark and thats where Wells does his best work.

Ablett is worth a speculative pick at best. Just like Lewis, Mitchell, SJ and Chappy. We are helping him and GC.

The point I am making is that if the other club is making unrealistic demands what can we do? We either wait it out (as we seem to be doing) or buckle and pay overs....

Dangerfield scenario is totally different. Out of Contract and in his prime.
Agree. Just bemused that it has gone down to the deadline of the trade period considering the fact Ablett wanted out was made public at the beginning of the year. Surely this posturing could have been avoided, it wasn't like it was a surprise to the Gold Coast.

Cant believe people are will to pass on Ablett. He is a legend and proven matchwinner. If he helps us win the flag next year its all worth it. I like his chances vs some 1st year draft pick who may or may not amount to anything.

As for Lang couldnt really care less. He has had enough chances and rarely plays two good games in a row. Dont need players like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back