Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree.

The chance at getting a player is more valuable to me than someone who is limping at the absolute twilight of his career. 35 is still not a bad pick, there will be good players around that mark and thats where Wells does his best work.

Ablett is worth a speculative pick at best. Just like Lewis, Mitchell, SJ and Chappy. We are helping him and GC.

I agree with you sentiments but not this. You and I both know they will be 20-30 good games. Much better than those you named.

If we got him for 35 then that's fine with me. No way pick 19 and 22.

The issue is will they use 35?? They have heaps of picks and not many list spots.

I'm not keen to lose Thurlow, but he stagnated in 2017, whether because of injury or something else. Tom Stewart & Jed Bews moved past him. But with Mackie gone, I was hoping a new opportunity would present.
He was coming if a god damn ACL injury for ****s sake

Barrett reporting Thurlow potentially in the mix for the Ablett trade.
No he is speculating that he could be a player that the Suns would like I thought

Plenty of champions had done sweet FU after 40 games, Lang is on track, silly if we’ve pushed him silly if he has jumped.

Yep. Lang is one guy who I can really see burning us. Lots of talent there. How many people said Bartel, Kelly, Enright etc were really poor after 40-odd games? Injuries haven't helped Lang either. Lang has big upside and I think he'll go on to be a very good player.

I hope we win the flag next year and all of you whinging about Ablett can eat your words. No doubt when the little master slots his first goal back in the hoops you’ll all change your tune

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure the death of his sister has affected the timeline ... understandably. Do people think Pickering wanted to talk to him over the weekend about a freaking job offer?
You guys are missing my point. I'm referring to the fact Gold Coast knew this trade was coming 12 months ago. I'd have thought the bulk of it would have been worked out during the season proper, and during trade week it'd just be a formality and clearing a few things up.

Who do we believe Julian or Tom, or are they both right?
They are both f**kwits, but Tom is clearly the bigger F**kwit so let's believe Julian

You guys are missing my point. I'm referring to the fact Gold Coast knew this trade was coming 12 months ago. I'd have thought the bulk of it would have been worked out during the season proper, and during trade week it'd just be a formality and clearing a few things up.

I think the issue is...that even though both side had 12 months ... neither side got close to the others idea of a deal.

Yep. The danger trade was done on day one. Adelaide just cut their losses and were at least professional enough to start negotiations well before the actual commencement of the trade period.

It'll get done for picks, Suns have realised that no one in their right mind wants to go there... and they can't not accept a deal and force retirement as they will look like the shittest organisation in the world after last weeks events

I'm surprised Wells hasn't come out and said we are happy to walk away due to GC's ridiculous demands.

We have our limits to what we can trade for a 34 year old. That should be black and white for GC.

The alternative for GC is they let Ablett retire, look like dickheads, and forced to pay out his salary in the their SC.

we need to call GC's bluff.

Only if both sides were prepared to start talking early. My reading of the GC position was you can get farked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back