Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll get done for picks, Suns have realised that no one in their right mind wants to go there... and they can't not accept a deal and force retirement as they will look like the shittest organisation in the world after last weeks events

They already are ....

if it's picks - Wells needs to advise Clayton 19 + 22 are off the table.

A swap of Ablett + picks for 35 is the only deal we are willing to make.

That is a much better alternative than nothing for the GC.

If we pay more, the balance in value tips into the negative for us

Only if both sides were prepared to start talking early. My reading of the GC position was you can get farked.
Sounds like you're right, which is pretty self-destructive. They have a young gun in Weller requesting a trade into their club, something that many thought wouldn't happen, yet here they are meeting with Geelong and Pickering about what to do with a 34 year old 24 hours before the trade deadline. If it were my club I'd know exactly where I'd prefer their priorities be.

blicavs, guthrie, zuthrie thurlow and pick 19 35
for
Ablett Lynch Hall Thompson Miller pick 26

It has been a very long and drawn out trade for Ablett and a miracle trade comes from it
Take 22 and 26 to the draft and Wells picks the same two he would have with 19 and 22 as noone has ever heard of either of the newbies.
This would be my fantasy trade and justify the time it has taken.

2018 team

Bews Taylor Stewart
Kolo Hendo Tuohy
Cockatoo J Selwood Hall
McCarthy Hawkins Parfitt
Ablett Lynch Menzel
Smith Danger Duncan

Menegola S.Selwood Thompson Miller

The 3% chance of Brownlow just doesn't make sense.. its based on one lucky player in Swan... but its not worthy debating here.
3 out of 100 sounds about right for any pick. It’s pretty random!

He was coming if a god damn ACL injury for ****s sake
And did hit form later in year only to be dropped for Blitz return after 4 solid games. Selective memories he will be very good in2018 just wait! The Gold Coast stuff is bullshit he knocked back a long term offer to stay at cats, FACT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll get done for picks, Suns have realised that no one in their right mind wants to go there... and they can't not accept a deal and force retirement as they will look like the shittest organisation in the world after last weeks events

Notice that Thompson says 'only'. I'm guessing that's a word he's included. The only quotable word is "hopeful".

There's to my mind a big gap between the pessimistic only hopeful to the more optimistic 'hopeful.

It's a nuance that is intended to perpetuate the whole will he/won't he saga.

It WILL happen.

If after everything he has said about taking the first two picks to the draft when younger talent has been available for them Wells uses 19 or 22 to complete the Ablett deal he needs to be removed from the trading part of list managing and be used just for talent identification.

How are the Suns going to get Weller. Do they need our pick 19/22 for that? They cannot afford to miss out on a young player that actually wants to go there.

Geelong need to hold firm for one more day.... Suns will not make him retire. They will never live it down.

I'm surprised Wells hasn't come out and said we are happy to walk away due to GC's ridiculous demands.

We have our limits to what we can trade for a 34 year old. That should be black and white for GC.

The alternative for GC is they let Ablett retire, look like dickheads, and forced to pay out his salary in the their SC.

we need to call GC's bluff.
Why would he do that when both sides have been saying for a week and a half discussions are going well? Just calm down FFS.

Saad comes home from training and can't eat with his close family. Even though he just signed we'll give away a member of the 22under22 team, top 10 player with a decade of football b/c it's the right thing to do for a pick in the mid 30's.

Ablett's family has issues all over the place including his wife.

Nah you owe us more old man. You haven't carried us enough the last 7 years. You should have known in April 2015 all this was going to escalate. Dont care if your going to return the money. We need to look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back