Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on under 100 AFL games. Who's with me?
He's a footballer not an athlete, and can actually stick a tackle, so it's no surprise we haven't offered him a contract.
"Right now, we have a player that doesn't have a contract offer in front of him," Lang's manager Scott Lucas told NAB AFL Trade Radio on Monday.

"Right now, talking about it, you'd have to say it's less likely based on the virtue that we have nothing to sign as such, and that's Geelong's right with the way they're managing their list.
One of our best players coming off a broken leg in a final against the Swans at 21 years of age, having turned down Carlton last year, yet we won't even offer him a basic contract to stay on. Boggles the mind. At least we stood by Cowan, McCarthy, Gregson, Vardy, Menzel etc through their injury woes. Only difference in this scenario is Lang will actually offer us something on-field, unlike the others who have either left, are leaving, or still injured.

He's a footballer not an athlete, and can actually stick a tackle, so it's no surprise we haven't offered him a contract.

One of our best players coming off a broken leg in a final against the Swans at 21 years of age, having turned down Carlton last year, yet we won't even offer him a basic contract to stay on. Boggles the mind. At least we stood by Cowan, McCarthy, Gregson, Vardy, Menzel etc through their injury woes. Only difference in this scenario is Lang will actually offer us something on-field, unlike the others who have either left, are leaving, or still injured.
People will be talking about that semi final for years to come I bet. He reverted to the mean the following week. Bog ordinary player.

I'm sorry mate but if you don't think Stringer will decide where he plays football next year then you don't really know how the game is played.
He'll decide of course but if you don't understand how much influence Paul Connors has on his career you don't know shit.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Mackie is moving into recruitment and list management at the Cats
Good news. We will end up with a complete defence in coaching / admin

Gold Coast offered pick 10 and Ablett for Duncan last year. They also tabled an offer to Mitch for $800k per year

Bullshit. What's your source? Ex-girlfriend who walks Wells' dogs? :rolleyes:

I believe less than 1/3 of the shit I read in here, it's always people trying to make themselves feel important by stating figments of their imagination as fact.

An offer of some form is on the table for Ablett, only the two clubs involved know what it is, and I can absolutely guarantee it doesn't involve Duncan.

People will be talking about that semi final for years to come I bet. He reverted to the mean the following week. Bog ordinary player.
Blicavs got completely torched all night and finished with just the three kicks, whilst the bog ordinary Lang in his 2nd game back from a broken leg managed 4 scoring shots playing a bit-part role. Lang would do much better than Blicavs if he was afforded the same opportunity, no doubt. He dominated last year as a pure midfielder in the VFL, dominated in the midfield as junior, yet we persist on playing a steeplechaser in the guts to chase tail for the majority of the game, then wonder why our '2nd tier' won't stand up.

Lang =/= outside flanker, yet he's been pigeon-holed as some pressure forward/chip scab receiver in order to allow others to perform worse in his preferred position. Nuts.

Herald Scum reporting we are having a clean out.

Mitch Duncan’s name has been mentioned, which is a ******* farce.
Surely a joke, but nothing will surprise me this time of the year. Everyone seems to get really silly.
Herald Sun Chief Football Writer Mark Robinson revealed a major clean-out could be on the cards at Catland.

“I was told on Saturday night that Chris Scott told up to 10 players in their exit meetings ‘start looking around for a new club’,” Robbo said on the Podcast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald Scum reporting we are having a clean out.

Mitch Duncan’s name has been mentioned, which is a ******* farce.

Very loosely mentioned. In fact would only have been mentioned because the Gold last have asked. Wouldn't be too concerned there.

10 would be about right though....

Very loosely mentioned. In fact would only have been mentioned because the Gold last have asked. Wouldn't be too concerned there.

10 would be about right though....

not concerned mate, our staff are not that silly

I'd like that kid from Crows who wants out, cant think of his name, we need another KP defender to replace Domsy, he'll cost tho, 2 first round picks apparently

Bullshit. What's your source? Ex-girlfriend who walks Wells' dogs? :rolleyes:

I believe less than 1/3 of the shit I read in here, it's always people trying to make themselves feel important by stating figments of their imagination as fact.

An offer of some form is on the table for Ablett, only the two clubs involved know what it is, and I can absolutely guarantee it doesn't involve Duncan.

Go back and look at last years thread. I posted this on the last day of the trade period. Mitch is the source. He had absolutely no interest then and would have absolutely no interest now.

Up to ten is more possible than people think especially if you wanted to be a hard ass or make tough decisions.

So far you are looking at minimum 6: Lonergan, Mackie, Cowan, Menzel, Motlop and Lang. Of course its overstated but thats the point to get headlines.

Then you look at a couple of the Rookies which I've seen stranger things happen, you have a look at a Stanley, Murdoch, Black or even a Hayball. Not that these are necessarily likely but its all possible.

Have ten been told to look for new clubs? Probably not but up to 10 could be moved, delisted, retired etc. I don't see it as likely but if you want to get some headlines, its possible.

Up to 10 is more possible than people think especially if you wanted to be a hard ass or make tough decisions.

So far you are looking at minimum 6: Lonergan, Mackie, Cowan, Menzel, Motlop and Lang. Of course its overstated but thats the point to get headlines.

Then you look at a couple of the Rookies which I've seen stranger things happen, you have a look at a Stanley, Murdoch, Black or even a Hayball. Not that these are necessarily likely but its all possible.
You’d think if we are trading out so many players , and the room it’d create in the cap then we would have no issue with increasing the offer to Stringer.

Unless there is a big play here that we don’t know about, maybe we are paying Gaz salary?

I’ll be mighty pissed off with this much cap space that we don’t land Smith or Stringer... with Motlop leaving there’s no excuses to not to land them imo

Maybe Robbo reads this board and sees all the ****ing bullshit here and takes it as gospel

Sel and Danger to Suns for Gaz, rocket and 2018 first pick

Am I doing it right?

You’d think if we are trading out so many players , and the room it’d create in the cap then we would have no issue with increasing the offer to Stringer.

Unless there is a big play here that we don’t know about, maybe we are paying Gaz salary?

I’ll be mighty pissed off with this much cap space that we don’t land Smith or Stringer... with Motlop leaving there’s no excuses to not to land them imo
I think I have stated possible but not likely.

It also might not be cap related, for example, what happens if they just think Stanley, Black, Hayball etc are list cloggers.

Mackie, Lonergan and Cowan are already gone.

A couple of the rookies have been okay but haven't see the world on fire, the GFC would make judgments and they might not believe they are up to it.

Lang, Murdoch definitely could go in the right trade with Lang looking likely.

Menzel and Motlop look 50-50 at the moment.

Not saying that its related to Gaz or even salary cap. Sometimes the biggest problem is list space.

Maybe there's another player Geelong are going for that they haven't been linked to. Who knows. All reports say for the most part though that Stringer is nominating Essendon

The Duncan rumours seem a bit crazy. I mean, he was probably the best Winger in the competition this season.

But what if they give Lynch and GAJ, or Picks 19 and 22 and GAJ for him?

Personally, I don't like the idea of giving away Duncan, not at his age of 26. Its players around his age we want to bring to the club to have one last crack at a Premiership; unless they are thinking of a rebuild starting early, which doesn't really make sense. I think its the media just trying to sell stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back