Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn made it because they got Hodge, Franklin, Roughead, Lewis with early draft picks.
Richmond made it because they got Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt, with early picks.
Bulldogs got Bontempelli, Stringer McCrae.
Collingwood had Pendelbury, Didak, Thomas,Brown
Doesn't matter which way you look at it you need some of those top 10-15 picks to be successful.
It's something we just haven't had access to.
No team that hasn't dropped down the ladder at least for a year has one a flag except Sydney who had Cola and academy picks.
The last time I can remember a club trading in a superstar and won a flag was Greg Williams.
It's a brave new world Spazz. It hasn't worked for us (yet) but with FA you will see a club bring enough talent to snag a flag.
And don't forget we currently do have some top 10-15 picks on the list, even if they are getting on a bit or haven't yet shown full potential.

Probably what I'd try to do with these fringe players like - GHS, Thurlow, Smith, McCarthy... If there is interest, we know we wont get much in a straight swap, but we could get Pick Upgrades this year and next. I'm all for that. I still would prefer to keep Thurlow and Smith, given low Ruck stocks available in draft, and the possible congestion rules may help players like Thurlow.

It's a brave new world Spazz. It hasn't worked for us (yet) but with FA you will see a club bring enough talent to snag a flag.
And don't forget we currently do have some top 10-15 picks on the list, even if they are getting on a bit or haven't yet shown full potential.
Just on my memory its Cocky (injured) and Selwood 2007 and Tommy should be counted 2007.
Also players were moving and being traded all the time before FA.
Sydney wouldn't have had the picks to get Franklin, we probably couldn't have got Rivers but apart from that it hasn't changed much. Id say all those players would of got to those same clubs anyway and Franklin would've just gone to GWS instead.
Yeah there's a possiblity it could happen one day but history shows you need a few of those picks and they have to come through together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on... You have to admit we are soft when we trade players eg when players want to move on. .

Are we soft in deals... Id guess Id have to see it deal by deal. What I think we traditional do is favour getting it done..if we want some ..the other club knows we don't mess around.. so more often than not , get the deal done not so much look for the absolute best price.

What sort of deal should we get done with an uncontracted player dealing with a bottom side?

So ive just heard from a pretty reliable source who has links to the club that Aaron Hall will be at Geelong in a straight swap for GHS. Not sure what to think if true.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

*(&*%Mongrels$%&*(( @#grr what the$$^&(*(*(*&^Rfwhat type of player has lost the abxajbxjbakxkjbjkidiots

No Thank You.

Just on my memory its Cocky (injured) and Selwood 2007 and Tommy should be counted 2007.
Also players were moving and being traded all the time before FA.
Sydney wouldn't have had the picks to get Franklin, we probably couldn't have got Rivers but apart from that it hasn't changed much. Id say all those players would of got to those same clubs anyway and Franklin would've just gone to GWS instead.
Yeah there's a possiblity it could happen one day but history shows you need a few of those picks and they have to come through together.
Don't forget Paddy. Also Menzel and Harry were pick 17. I agree Tommy should be counted, Gaz as well.

Are we soft in deals... Id guess Id have to see it deal by deal. What I think we traditional do is favour getting it done..if we want some ..the other club knows we don't mess around.. so more often than not , get the deal done not so much look for the absolute best price.

What sort of deal should we get done with an uncontracted player dealing with a bottom side?
It's not just if McCarthy goes to Brisbane. We seem to look after the player instead of looking after the club in trying to reward the club.

So ive just heard from a pretty reliable source who has links to the club that Aaron Hall will be at Geelong in a straight swap for GHS. Not sure what to think if true.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I like Aaron Hall. Great to watch when he's going.
I know most don't though cause he's bit of a downhill skier (except against Richmond)
A swap for GHS is an amazing deal for us though.

It's not just if McCarthy goes to Brisbane. We seem to look after the player instead of looking after the club in trying to reward the club.

Fox..one deal at a time... in your opinion what should we get this one deal ?

To me its no good trying to orange juice our a lemon. If we have no hand there is little we can do.. uncontracted player going to a bottom club is almost a FA with no comp. If we could get a future from it we probably have done well imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back