Status
Not open for further replies.
Smithy's honour roll extends to:

Dual Carji Greeves Medallist
Twice selected in the All Australian team
Three time AFL premiership player
Dream Team representative in AFL Hall of Fame Tribute Match
International Rules representative

And that puts him at 'average to good but never a star'.

Riiiiight...

Smithy's honour roll extends to:

Dual Carji Greeves Medallist
Twice selected in the All Australian team
Three time AFL premiership player
Dream Team representative in AFL Hall of Fame Tribute Match
International Rules representative

And that puts him at 'average to good but never a star'.

Riiiiight...

I wouldn't mind more "average Joel Corey" type players in our side

Last edited:

Not sure if he's your son or you're just stalking him, but you might need to temper your enthusiasm.
I can see you blowing a gasket if we don't pick him.

He rated Fogerty way ahead of Kelly last year after the draft....and didn't think much of Kelly...

Just another expert....

Joel Corey was average to good midfielder but never a star. We need someone who has the potential to be a star. If we got a Joel Corey with this pick in this draft it would be a waste

Joel Corey with pick 12 a waste.:drunk::oops:o_O

Good to see the offseason stupidity quotient is being maintained.

Just wow..

Go Catters

I echo the above. I’m not sold on Hately.

To me he’s a low-hurt factor accumulator.

Plays like GHS who whilst got good numbers in the VFL, was just not that good. No hurt factor or X factor and failed to provide anything unique. I see this in Hately.

It’s important to remember that while stats are not meaningless when assessing draftees, they are not the total picture. It’s more about seeing what they could become. For me, a few flashes of utter brilliance and high potential for scope of improvement along with decent stats should be favoured over someone who just has good stats but doesn’t do much with the ball.

I think Hately is the latter from the vision.

There is a range of inputs in assessing ... game stats and combine results are important... but i have heard it said multiple times that sometimes its only a glimpse or a moment that shows a window into what someone may be ..etc. Hately can build pos count which is something to take note of for sure..its been shown multiple times that players who can do it at the lower level have a better chance to do it at a higher level..

if we draft him does he play in 2019..or would he be like CC.. and build a year? We do tend to like instant impact in recent years...

There is a range of inputs in assessing ... game stats and combine results are important... but i have heard it said multiple times that sometimes its only a glimpse or a moment that shows a window into what someone may be ..etc. Hately can build pos count which is something to take note of for sure..its been shown multiple times that players who can do it at the lower level have a better chance to do it at a higher level..

if we draft him does he play in 2019..or would he be like CC.. and build a year? We do tend to like instant impact in recent years...

I think he’d be a chance to play senior footy next year. He’s played it in SA so no reason why he couldn’t. Would be an opportunity to start to reinvigorate our midfield which is looking very tired and inaffective against the top sides.

Had a dream last night B.King slips to us and thankfully we pass, for the margarine....
Yep. Butter.
Zak Butters to be precise.:)
GiddyUpBoys!!
18 weeks to go.... Can't wait.
Saw a few boys in the flesh this week.
Bigger & stronger.
FWIW Parfitt looks like a trimmer toned version of 2018.
Cheers!

No doubt our resident captain negatard will tag whoever we draft as a potato :rolleyes: :drunk:

He can express his opinion how he wants.

Just as we all can all do the same in calling it #%#$%^, and #@@% not to mention @$@$! and just plain disrespectful to name a few. Bobby should know better.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its very unlikely we draft anyone who will reach Joel Coreys level of performance ..no matter which players name we call. B&F winner big games player and big moment player..

Hately has the big VO2 capacity for 2 way running and the marking ability to be that central target similar to Joel Corey.
With what he's done as a 17 year old so far he's certainly on the way.

Twomey also mentioned that Bailey Smith could fall to Geelong at 12!

That'd be our Joel Selwood moment all over again.

In reality, I assume that won't happen and we will pick Jones (over RCD, Hately and other better prospects) and Jones will turn into Lang II.

I get the Jones/Lang comparisons but Jones is already a lot better than Lang. There’s a reason he’s rated top 10 and is being compared to Zorko.

Really don't want Jones. If some other club likes him then fine. It sounds though that either Adel or more likely that GWS will take him with one their picks. Still a lot of uncertainty as to how this draft plays out. But it's looking more likely that RCD will be the player we take.

Currently it seems like this:

1. Carl - Walsh
2. GC - Luko
3. GC - Rankine
4. Saints - M.King
5. Port - Rozee
6. GC - Caldwell
7. Bulldogs - B.King
8. Adel - Clark
9. GWS - Jones
10. Port - Smith
11. GWS - Hately
12. Geel - RCD

Those last two players could be swapped. The hope we have is that Butters is taken by GWS with 9 or 11 meaning that either Smith or Hately fall. B.King is the other that could potentially be in the mix if the Bulldogs take Smith. Either way we need one other player to be thrown into the top 11 be it Butters, Hill etc to get one of the more highly rated types.

Really don't want Jones. If some other club likes him then fine. It sounds though that either Adel or more likely that GWS will take him with one their picks. Still a lot of uncertainty as to how this draft plays out. But it's looking more likely that RCD will be the player we take.

Currently it seems like this:

1. Carl - Walsh
2. GC - Luko
3. GC - Rankine
4. Saints - M.King
5. Port - Rozee
6. GC - Caldwell
7. Bulldogs - B.King
8. Adel - Clark
9. GWS - Jones
10. Port - Smith
11. GWS - Hately
12. Geel - RCD

Those last two players could be swapped. The hope we have is that Butters is taken by GWS with 9 or 11 meaning that either Smith or Hately fall. B.King is the other that could potentially be in the mix if the Bulldogs take Smith. Either way we need one other player to be thrown into the top 11 be it Butters, Hill etc to get one of the more highly rated types.

I’ve currently got:

1. CAR Walsh
2. GCS Lukosius
3. GCS Rankine
4. STK Smith
5. PTA M.King
6. GCS Rozee
7. WBD Caldwell
8. SYD Blakey
9. ADL B.King
10. GWS Jones
11. PTA Clark
12. GWS Hately
13. NTH Thomas
14. GEE Collier-Dawkins

I’ve currently got:

1. CAR Walsh
2. GCS Lukosius
3. GCS Rankine
4. STK Smith
5. PTA M.King
6. GCS Rozee
7. WBD Caldwell
8. SYD Blakey
9. ADL B.King
10. GWS Jones
11. PTA Clark
12. GWS Hately
13. NTH Thomas
14. GEE Collier-Dawkins

Effectively the same mix. I didn't include Blakey and Thomas as their irrelevant to us. We are frustratingly one or two picks away from landing a gun. I'd take RCD, prefer Sturt, but think that the likelihood of a Jones or B/King falling to us is minimal.

Effectively the same mix. I didn't include Blakey and Thomas as their irrelevant to us. We are frustratingly one or two picks away from landing a gun. I'd take RCD, prefer Sturt, but think that the likelihood of a Jones or B/King falling to us is minimal.

Agree with the bolded. It has felt like that each draft of the past five or so years. We always seem to be a handful of picks outside the real high quality talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back