Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snoop Dogs draft pick for Geelong......

# 13 Geelong

Liam Stocker / Sandringham Dragons / 184cm

Not easy picking the player they might look at here as field is opening right up now but wouldn’t be surprised if Liam was their guy. He is a wonderful talent who can play inside and outside the contest and we were robbed of seeing him at Champs against the best. First game I saw him at this year he just took a ball out of the middle rang 10-15 metres and then delivered it lace out. That’s what he can do. He is quicker than you give him credit for and his dual sided foot skills are arguably as good as any in the pool. Question mark on running but clubs can fix that.

Who else – There is a scenario where Ben King gets to here.
Stocker is a good player. Probably the closest thing to a Joel Selwood replacement in this draft pool, but that doesn't mean he will be as good ofc.

The other weakness with Stocker is I don't know if he has another position outside the midfield...

AFL draft club-by-club guide: part one

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-draft-club-by-club-guide-part-one-20181116-p50gg4.html

DRAFT NEEDS

The Cats took a hard-line approach with Tim Kelly, who remains in Geelong, meaning their draft hand isn’t as strong as it might have been. South Australian Jackson Hately hasn’t attracted the headlines of some of his flashier state teammates but the Central District midfielder is an exceptional character and looks a very good option at pick 12, which is likely to slip back by at least one but as many as three picks given bids for Nick Blakey, Isaac Quaynor and Tarryn Thomas. Chayce Jones, Riley Collier-Dawkins and Zak Butters are others tipped to fall in this range. Geelong have nominated Oscar Brownless as a father-son, with the wingman, whose maturity and good nature are striking, likely to follow in the footsteps of his father Bill when the Cats match a bid later in the draft. There was talk for much of the year that Geelong would look to bolster their ruck stocks during the off-season given the fluctuating form of Rhys Stanley and Ryan Abbott. Next generation academy player Blake Schlensog is a forward/ruck and might be an option late while Geelong VFL captain Tom Atkins is a chance to find a spot either as a rookie or late in proceedings. Geelong have remained bullish about their chances to be a premiership contender next year, and topped up with Luke Dahlhaus (Bulldogs) and Gary Rohan (Swans). However more than most clubs they need to nail this draft, or risk falling into a hole in coming years having gone hard for mature-age talent over the past four years. They identified their tall forward depth as an issue, leading to the acquisition of South Australian Nathan Kreuger in a trade with Carlton, who had priority access to the player as part of their mature-age player list concessions.

Might have been some more like Royce hart, Peter Hudson, Matthew Richardson. Many st as RSS have come from the isle of two heads
Speaking of Peter Hudson, I work with his brother Butch who by all reports was just as good and was chased by Hawthorn as well but chose to stay in Tassie due to money. He reckons his son would have been a gun too but blew his shoulder out playing for the Mariners and missed his chance.

Snoop Dogs draft pick for Geelong......

# 13 Geelong

Liam Stocker / Sandringham Dragons / 184cm

Not easy picking the player they might look at here as field is opening right up now but wouldn’t be surprised if Liam was their guy. He is a wonderful talent who can play inside and outside the contest and we were robbed of seeing him at Champs against the best. First game I saw him at this year he just took a ball out of the middle rang 10-15 metres and then delivered it lace out. That’s what he can do. He is quicker than you give him credit for and his dual sided foot skills are arguably as good as any in the pool. Question mark on running but clubs can fix that.

Who else – There is a scenario where Ben King gets to here.

Stocker just doesn’t excite me with our first.

Speaking of Peter Hudson, I work with his brother Butch who by all reports was just as good and was chased by Hawthorn as well but chose to stay in Tassie due to money. He reckons his son would have been a gun too but blew his shoulder out playing for the Mariners and missed his chance.
Same as Alistair and Manny Lynch.

Manny wasn't as good as Alistair but AFL worthy nonetheless.

So if recent speculation (GCS pick swap, Chayce Jones to go top 10 etc.) is any sort of guide, the top 10 could be:

1. Carlton - Walsh
2. GCS - Lukosius
3. GCS - Rankine
4. GCS - Rozee
5. PA - Max King
6. St Kilda - Bailey Smith
7. Sydney - Nick Blakey (bid from WB)
8. WBD - Ben King
9. Adelaide - Chayce Jones
10. GWS - Jye Caldwell/Jordan Clark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if recent speculation (GCS pick swap, Chayce Jones to go top 10 etc.) is any sort of guide, the top 10 could be:

1. Carlton - Walsh
2. GCS - Lukosius
3. GCS - Rankine
4. GCS - Rozee
5. PA - Max King
8. WBD - Ben King
What's the speculative pick swap?

1. Carlton - Walsh
2. GCS - Lukosius
3. GCS - Rankine
4. GCS - Rozee
5. PA - Max King
8. WBD - Ben King

My mail is the Saints want Rozee and won’t do the pick swap despite GC aggressively pursuing.

Royce Hart, Ian Stewart, Matthew Richardson and Nick Riewoldt also.

Garry Lyon was born in Devonport.
Well, here is a quickly put together Tasmanian team most in my living memory

B. Grant Birchall Verdun Howell John Devine

HB. Brent Crosswell Jeremy Howe Barry Lawrence

C. Rodney Eade Ian Stewart Adrian Fletcher

HF: Daryl Baldock Royce Hart Gary Lyon

F. Nick Reiwoldt Peter Hudson Paul Sproule

R. Percy Jones John Greening Paul Williams

Interchange Michael Roach, Matthew Richardson Jack Reiwoldt, Alistair Lynch, Ben Brown, Brendon Gale, , Daryn Cresswell, Ivor Warne Smith
Darrin Pritchard, Michael Gale, T.Bellchambers

Bit of goal scoring skill on the interchange

Warne Smith with two brownlows should be the back pocket, but I preferenced Devine for obvious reasons

What a fantastic team

Well, here is a quickly put together Tasmanian team most in my living memory

B. Grant Birchall Verdun Howell John Devine

HB. Brent Crosswell Jeremy Howe Barry Lawrence

C. Rodney Eade Ian Stewart Adrian Fletcher

HF: Daryl Baldock Royce Hart Gary Lyon

F. Nick Reiwoldt Peter Hudson Paul Sproule

R. Percy Jones John Greening Paul Williams

Interchange Michael Roach, Matthew Richardson Jack Reiwoldt, Alistair Lynch, Ben Brown, Brendon Gale, , Daryn Cresswell, Ivor Warne Smith
Darrin Pritchard, Michael Gale, T.Bellchambers

Bit of goal scoring skill on the interchange

Warne Smith with two brownlows should be the back pocket, but I preferenced Devine for obvious reasons

What a fantastic team

No Gerrard Bennett or Leigh Brockman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back