Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you trade 12 plus our 2019 R1 for 6 plus a 3rd rounder or too high a price? I think it might be but would certainly think about it.
I would and draft Caldwell

If Caldwell’s medical report was clear the. You’d think about it. In front of B.King or Smith?
Every day of the week. The only other player I'd contemplate taking before him is Max King.

Every day of the week. The only other player I'd contemplate taking before him is Max King.

He looks an absolute gun. If he can stay on the park then I’d have absolutely no hesitation. It’s the hammys that concern me. Hopefully it’s just a case of his body getting used to the conditioning.

He looks an absolute gun. If he can stay on the park then I’d have absolutely no hesitation. It’s the hammys that concern me. Hopefully it’s just a case of his body getting used to the conditioning.
He'll be the best player (along with Rankine) taken in this draft. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he fell to the pick we have.

Would you trade 12 plus our 2019 R1 for 6 plus a 3rd rounder or too high a price? I think it might be but would certainly think about it.

NO cant afford to ..and its debatable if we would be allowed to... reading the last article on the 2 in 4 on the afl website.. fr2 is the most id go

Last edited:
Fizzler you aware changing usernames before a GF is bad luck?

Drop Nakkers and promote me up the order ;)
Bold but makes sense. Why you told me this on the cats board though, I’ll never know :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fizzler you aware changing usernames before a GF is bad luck?

Drop Nakkers and promote me up the order ;)
I didnt change it to Black Cat
You could be right. He has class written all over him.
It's not often you see a player of that age who kicks just as well on both feet.

He's a gem. I just hope he doesn't go to one of the plastic clubs like GWS.

Ablett was drafted by us as a F/S.

Yes we traded for him but the point still stands.

I forgot about Smith, my apologies.

35 drafted players still.

I'm not trying to claim that there are parallels in terms of ability with this team and our flag teams, just that it has a similar profile.
And had we not traded for Offensive on 07 or 09 flag IMHO

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if the stats proved this, but Corey was the midfielder doing most of the 1%'s. He just threw his body the most on the line from that impressive midfield - and I'll even go so far, if it wasn't for him, I doubt our other midfielders would've developed the competitive edge. Corey peaked earlier, was the senior one, and he brought the others up to scratch with the intensity required. Not only that, he had impressive gut running capability. I remember when he ran down Akermanis, who was lightening quick back then, in the 2004 PF on the wing at the G. It was that type of stuff the other midfielders we had didn't do.

Hately or RCD don't have that same gut running capacity imo if we were to compare to Corey.

Hately has more of a chance to be a Cripps than RCD based on production, but RCD may be faster out of the two. Will Constable be any better? Too early yet, he probably accumulates the most out of the three. Hately will be a good player, but not a star imo, he doesn't have the pace. Cripps would be quicker than Hately if we were to compare.

Just wondering what people think, is Zac Butters the quickest of the top end midfielders that didn't test at the combine?

He looks quite zippy, seems to use the ball good, and a very quick thinker. A bit light though, would need 1 year in the VFL and 2 pre-seasons at least to build up.

But is a 181cm what we need for list balance? Probably not, we seem a bit stacked with those types coming through - Fogarty, Narkle, Parfitt, Simpson, Miers...

Snoop Dogs draft pick for Geelong......

# 13 Geelong

Liam Stocker / Sandringham Dragons / 184cm

Not easy picking the player they might look at here as field is opening right up now but wouldn’t be surprised if Liam was their guy. He is a wonderful talent who can play inside and outside the contest and we were robbed of seeing him at Champs against the best. First game I saw him at this year he just took a ball out of the middle rang 10-15 metres and then delivered it lace out. That’s what he can do. He is quicker than you give him credit for and his dual sided foot skills are arguably as good as any in the pool. Question mark on running but clubs can fix that.

Who else – There is a scenario where Ben King gets to here.

Btw - I wouldn't call Jack Henry a Key Defender. Just a third-tall defender.

He could play on 194cm types, but anything bigger and I think he will get exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back