Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wells just mentioned they are looking at improving their position or trading to next years draft.

Yep as he hinted at last week.
My preferred deal is 14 + 17/FR1 + 24 for Jenkins and a 30s pick.
But i could live with 36 and 37 for Jenkins and 23.
Or one of our R2s for Jenkins and Adelaides 2020 R2. All would help our list spots issue.

Saints paid a lot for Hill
Acres, Picks 10, 58 and a future 2nd and 4th

Next years draft is pretty average so though its fair.
They cant get Jones unless they trade Bruce now though as they have no picks left.

St Kila gave a FR2, not received one. They paid a fortune!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its basically 10 + acres +58 plus 30 and 60 (apx) next year for Hill and 45 next year. If you value Acres about pick 40 its a fair deal.

Or one of our R2s for Jenkins and Adelaides 2020 R2. All would help our list spots issue.

Jenkins and 30’s <> 14, 17 and 24. You rate Jenkins highly!! ;-)

What about giving them 14+36+37 in return for Jenkins+4?

On a points basis that values Jenkins at about pick 63, which seems about right.

EDIT: that also helps solve our more picks than spots issue leaves us with 4, 17, 24 in the draft - win/win!

Do you think we'll just delist a few and pay them out and offer to rookie?

We have to consider it as if we take jenkins we have only max 2 spots for the draft.

What about giving them 14+36+37 in return for Jenkins+4?
On a points basis that values Jenkins at about pick 63, which seems about right.

Its fair but they will want 2 inside 25 where the SA players fall i dont think they would do that.
14 and 24 would get them keen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the negativity around potentially getting Jenkins, say we do bring him in and he knows he's predominantly going to be a VFL player & break glass in emergency situation - is there anyone who doesn't think it would have been beneficial to have a player like him on our list for the preliminary final this year after Hawkins got himself suspended?

The whole week up until Thursday night & then even game day was about discussing potential replacements and trying to make the best of a bad situation - a player like Jenkins on our list would have made that choice a whole lot easier & smoother compared with playing a defender forward as we didn't trust any talls who had been playing forward in the VFL
If he has been in VFL for weeks I doubt if he would have impact in prelim .

Saints just traded 10, 58 & Blake Acres for Hill and a future 2nd and 4th rounder, Freo absolutely f’ed that one up, should have taken 6 when they had the chance, Saints making out like bandits.
So their trading of pick 6 has netted them Hill, Ryder & Howard, and all without having to trade their future first round pick

They were very smart with some of their trading efforts this past week

Jenkins and 30’s <> 14, 17 and 24. You rate Jenkins highly!! ;-)

No i rate 4 as worth 2 late firsts and a r2 downgrade. Jenkins has no value in the trade.

Its fair but they will want 2 inside 25 where the SA players fall i dont think they would do that.
14 and 24 would get them keen.

OK, what about 17+24+37 then?

Thats 2,293 points and pick 4 is 2,034 points. Which values Jenkins at pick 51. Still looks a pretty fair deal, gets rid of three picks for us instead of just two, and we go to the draft with 4+14+36 which is not bad at all.

Jenkins is the mark Blake of Adelaide. The wipping boy for his general incompetence. And at 30, I’d have him behind Hawk, esava, Krueger, Stanley, fort and buzza.

Unless it’s involved in a pick up grade there is no point
Jenkins has taken more than one overhead mark in his career and he is a very good set shot. Blakey no where near Jenkins in those measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back