Kelly 24
Grundy 18
Dusty 3
Bont 4
Macrae 6
Zorko zone selection GC traded to Bris for 34
Higgins 11
Treloar under age selection GWS

As an aside, theres a lot to be said for determination - which cannot be measured by recruiters through an interview- nor testers at a draft combine.

Adding to this some player are okay at VFL and under 18s, but just translate better to senior football. Worpel, Stewart and Henry are great examples of this that come to mind.

I think there’s a bit of value in the middle of the draft this year. The likes of Ryan Byrnes, Zak Pretty, Darcy Chirgwin, Sam Philp, etc.

Chirgwin looks a typical Wells pick up. A 191cm mid, missed the champs coming off a broken leg. Played for Sandringham all year and averaged 25 disposals, 8 tackles, 5 clearances, 3 inside 50s. Not featuring in many phantoms at this stage. Could be a value get late.

Here’s a write up on him from earlier in the year:

I think Philp would tempt us

Yes and difficult to get games if the spots are not there

Well you have one now vacant with Kelly gone though I’d say Constable would have his eyes on that. Steven if fit.

I think Gaz needs to be played and managed better next year. Maybe 15 games tops. Rohan and Cockatoo need to play at least the same.

I’d like to see the likes of Tuohy and Menegola (who btw, I’ve heard from another source may be on his way out) replaced by the younger kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you have one now vacant with Kelly gone though I’d say Constable would have his eyes on that. Steven if fit.

I think Gaz needs to be played and managed better next year. Maybe 15 games tops. Rohan and Cockatoo need to play at least the same.

I’d like to see the likes of Tuohy and Menegola (who btw, I’ve heard from another source may be on his way out) replaced by the younger kids.
I actually heard Wells say a few days back that Menegola was looking at options

He has been mentioned far earlier than that ..but that would be a reasonable range ...

The way SW answered the Kelly replacement question it would seem we will draft at least 2 mids..which to me mean we will look at other types as well.

Yeah a couple of mids is regulation picking but a tall All - Aust def/fwd like DeKoning with a P36 would be a terrific list inclusion and great drafting imo.
A specific need pick at P36 if we're lucky.
Can't remember if it was you, but it was mentioned somewhere in the 20-40 range.
An All-Australian starting fullback at the top of that range would be a bargain.
Then we've still got a reasonable pick to use on a good 20's slider.

Menegola goes and that would be enough... 8 games or that abouts into 3 kids..the best will standout.

year of the cat In reply to your post in the draft forum.

Do you not think GWS are covering Green.?

They will take a gun then green gets bid the pick after and they use all their later points to match.
Fwiw i think gws want young or ash to replace shaw and we want flanders or stephens.

Wells has been quoted saying that? Interesting. I think they’ve indicated to him that his opportunities may be dwindling next year...

They wont dwindle with kelly gone.
I think its more he is FA next year and we've said 'we want to keep you on x $ but if another team offers you a lot more we aren't going to stand in your way' .

They wont dwindle with kelly gone.
I think its more he is FA next year and we've said 'we want to keep you on x $ but if another team offers you a lot more we aren't going to stand in your way' .

You’d think not with Kelly gone but maybe they want to get games into Fogarty, Cockatoo, Constable etc ?

Wonder whether there is much interest?

When did Wells first advise that we won't be chasing a ruck this trade period as the ones we were interested in available?

Only reason I ask is because Tom tweeted this 7ish - so either he's bored or maybe thinks he's smarter than everyone else & knows something is happening in the background

In the post kelly trade interview on wednesday.

You’d think not with Kelly gone but maybe they want to get games into Fogarty, Cockatoo, Constable etc ?

Wonder whether there is much interest?

Hes a decent player. Some contending teams would have interest.

They just need to get infront of Sydney ..I dont think others call the name..but they get earlier and and Young and Green .. sounds like Kermit as a kid

Ogilvie bid on thomas last year himmelberg and a heap of acad players in the past. And their midfield is crap. Gws need adelaides pick to negate a bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back