Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea but its not what i expect the club will do.

It would take a very calculated approach.if it meant we were targeting OOC player like King then id be happy to do it... if it meant we were targeting players like Cameron ..not so much. Im sure the club would have solid feel for the 2020 draft... and if its worth going hard or trading out..

I wouldn't mind a look at one of the NM Forwards - Larkey, Wood or Zurhaar.

They might be able to let one go, I think all three could play.

On Moto G (5) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Once they start looking reasonable its probably too late unless we want to go real hard. I think I heard one commentator say that he would go hard at Dawson at the Swans ... not long after that he signed a new deal..
I dont mind the players ..I remember I like Zurhaar in his draft year.. Larkey was a cheap pick but looks comfortable at North.. OOC ? Wood ex Falcon.. I guess he fits if he wanted a change but again while they are getting games most players seem to be happy. With Melb teams.. I feel we may have more chance attacking those on the fringe ( like how Parish was before he hit form )

The only situation we break-even with the whole TK thing is if we can get Coniglio.

We come out on top of we can get a couple R1s for TK, whilst getting Coniglio as FA (without trading).

Then get Cameron enxt year as a FA.

We'd be unstoppable.

2021 Round 1 side:

FB: Clark - Blicavs - Kola
HB: Stewart - Henry - O'Connor
C: Duncan - Coniglio - Fogarty
HF: Miers - Krueger - Dahlhaus
FF: Rohan - Cameron - Danger
Foll: Esava - Parfitt - Constable
Int: Tuohy - Atkins - Menegola - R1
Except that you’re missing Ablett in the team...

The only situation we break-even with the whole TK thing is if we can get Coniglio.

We come out on top of we can get a couple R1s for TK, whilst getting Coniglio as FA (without trading).

Then get Cameron enxt year as a FA.

We'd be unstoppable.

2021 Round 1 side:

C: Duncan - Coniglio - Fogarty
FF: Rohan - Cameron - Danger
Foll: Esava - Parfitt - Constable
Int: Tuohy - Atkins - Menegola - R1
I don't mind that list at all but I'd say we're petty long odds to land cogs and Cameron. I feel dirty for making the assumption that Kelly goes to West Coast but I'd make the changes below based on that

C: Duncan - *R1* - Fogarty
FF: Rohan - Savrat - Danger
Foll: *Bailey Williams* - Parfitt - Constable
Int: Tuohy - Atkins - Menegola - Narkle/Kennerley/Brownless

This assumes Bailey Williams forms some part of the trade for Kelly. R1 contested mids are plentiful in this draft and while the pick for Kelly might not be early enough to get a Deven Robertson it should net us an ok speculative like Cooper Stephens or Harry Schoenberg who by 2021 should be demanding games.

Left the last position on the bench a bit open because we won't know who of those guys is demanding selection until 2021

It would take a very calculated approach.if it meant we were targeting OOC player like King then id be happy to do it... if it meant we were targeting players like Cameron ..not so much. Im sure the club would have solid feel for the 2020 draft... and if its worth going hard or trading out..
There's no doubt about one thing...you love the King boys!

There's no doubt about one thing...you love the King boys!

I think we have no chance of getting Max ..but some chance if were single minded to get Ben ....

I feel for the Gold Coast ..how hard it must be to hold players... but we also have to be aware that we have lacked high end quality talls for some time..if he wants to come back to Vic ...and we with Hawks time coming to an end dont get in the mix id be disapointed..

There are probably a lot of players I could also be happy with if we are going to focus on .... I'm not sure many of them have the potential to be as an ideal pairing with Sav as King ..and fit our future needs. Not many players with Hawks build around these days , both King will be different to that..

Gees just seeing Coniglio getting carried off what thats mean..???? If he did his knee does he sign at GWS

I'd have laughed 6 months ago but now I'm not willing to write anything off

Not sure on that ... asked about his injury after game he talked about icing it up..should be right for next week ... just like he doesnt want to lose one game where he gets to play at the G ..like there may not be a heap of them to come..

I think we have no chance of getting Max ..but some chance if were single minded to get Ben ....

I feel for the Gold Coast ..how hard it must be to hold players... but we also have to be aware that we have lacked high end quality talls for some time..if he wants to come back to Vic ...and we with Hawks time coming to an end dont get in the mix id be disapointed..

There are probably a lot of players I could also be happy with if we are going to focus on .... I'm not sure many of them have the potential to be as an ideal pairing with Sav as King ..and fit our future needs. Not many players with Hawks build around these days , both King will be different to that..

Gees just seeing Coniglio getting carried off what thats mean..???? If he did his knee does he sign at GWS
I would love Ben King at the cats too.

I do not want Coniglio now though. Looked real bad. A possible Kevin Durant scenario coming up for Coniglio.

Not sure on that ... asked about his injury after game he talked about icing it up..should be right for next week ... just like he doesnt want to lose one game where he gets to play at the G ..like there may not be a heap of them to come..
CS comments a week or so ago about enjoying watching our three superstars playing together while it lasts or words to that effect. Made me wonder if there had been chats about hypotheticals.
I've noticed he's showing soreness on the field. Knowing he most likely would not take a jab, that could just be normal wear and tear. But he may be feeling he's done his comeback tour to GFC and ready to go. A GF win IMO would see him leave on a high note. An 'almost' might give the motivation to go around one more time.
Just pure speculation blowing out my....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How desperate are we for a key forward. Sav is serviceable and always seems to bring the ball to ground and Freddy is a strong chance as well. Geelong might be better of looking at medium and small forwards and waiting to clear out our rucks before taking another tall forward.

In our terms...if Coniglio is out for a ACL 12 months... would you still sign him up on 1M pa?

No. Not at that price tag. Look elsewhere for a suitable player.

No. Not at that price tag. Look elsewhere for a suitable player.

and that was the KD conundrum.

If we got him as a FA ..and we could get him for less than 4 years .. Id probably say yes ... if our cap could handle it. Get the op done... back mid year next year... hello the new Ottens... Mr September.

It will not be something we have to calculate.. Haw or Blues the front runners .. we may get serious if TK goes ...

How desperate are we for a key forward. Sav is serviceable and always seems to bring the ball to ground and Freddy is a strong chance as well. Geelong might be better of looking at medium and small forwards and waiting to clear out our rucks before taking another tall forward.
Definitely need a mid-sized type that can mark overhead and kick goals. I think that's where they thought Jarvis fits in development. I'd like to see him after another pre-season and some more size. He's supposed to have a decent leap, and I'd expect he has some explosiveness, but may need further gym work.
However, what if Dangerfield plays more as the third tall when he's +31. He could play 2-3 years as a permanent forward easily. However, he may be an expensive medium forward, unless willing to take some form of pay cut towards the back end of his career when he plays as a forward.

I don't mind that list at all but I'd say we're petty long odds to land cogs and Cameron. I feel dirty for making the assumption that Kelly goes to West Coast but I'd make the changes below based on that

C: Duncan - *R1* - Fogarty
FF: Rohan - Savrat - Danger
Foll: *Bailey Williams* - Parfitt - Constable
Int: Tuohy - Atkins - Menegola - Narkle/Kennerley/Brownless

This assumes Bailey Williams forms some part of the trade for Kelly. R1 contested mids are plentiful in this draft and while the pick for Kelly might not be early enough to get a Deven Robertson it should net us an ok speculative like Cooper Stephens or Harry Schoenberg who by 2021 should be demanding games.

Left the last position on the bench a bit open because we won't know who of those guys is demanding selection until 2021
Bailey Williams now @ 199cm... so with his leap, he's definitely tall enough for ruck. Has kicked goals and HOs at WAFL level... He might be something to look at. Him and SavRat could make a good duo as both can play Ruck/Fwd, which would give us a lot of flexibility in games.

We definitely need a premium midfielder, I personally don't think it will come from the draft, but rather via trade imo somehow. Although, agree someone like a Robertson or Stephenson might do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back