Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious which players will we offload at year end?

Its quite tough to decide, unless we make hard calls on the rucks like - Smith and Abbott. Opening the door for a development ruck.
JJ and Scooter at risk.
TK will be traded very likely.
Buzza has question marks considering we don't play him despite his decent VFL form. Although, I'd like to give him one more year.
Cunico given his injury, but showed enough last year as an outside player.

I guess that's 7 spots, which is about the mark for list changes this off-season.

Taylor and GAJ go again for me.

Its quite tough to decide, unless we make hard calls on the rucks like - Smith and Abbott. Opening the door for a development ruck.
JJ and Scooter at risk.
Buzza has question marks considering we don't play him despite his decent VFL form. Although, I'd like to give him one more year.

I guess that's 7 spots, which is about the mark for list changes this off-season.

S.Selwood and Taylor retire. Gary 50/50.

Buzza and Abbott should both go but Smith will probably be the one.

Reckon Narkle might be traded.

We have really shot ourselves in the foot with the contracts of the rucks. Abbott and fort can join the dole queue. Both horrible footballers who are old. How can you have 4 mature age rucks on the list. Absolute madness and destroying the chance of any of our tall to develop in the vfl.

We have really shot ourselves in the foot with the contracts of the rucks. Abbott and fort can join the dole queue. Both horrible footballers who are old. How can you have 4 mature age rucks on the list. Absolute madness and destroying the chance of any of our tall to develop in the vfl.
Fort and Abbott have contracts until 2020.
I assume Buzza and Smith are OOC at season's end?

JJ and Scooter at risk.

I hate saying who as in a way you would hate to be the person name who could get delisted. So I'm sorry to the players names I'm about to say

Jamaine Jones Delisted :huh: Rookie
Jordan Cunico Delisted
Wylie Buzza Delisted ( I don't want to, I'd like to give him another Contract )
Zac Smith will ask for a trade ( Can't blame him, I think his our best ruckman )

The others that are up in the air in will they play on etc
Gary Ablett. If we win the flag he will end on a high.
Harry Taylor, Interesting see what he does as Henderson is younger.
Lachie Henderson, may want a trade so he can play more AFL, but I'd like to keep him.
I think Tim Kelly will ask for a trade.
I think Scooter will stay at a mega reduce salary on a 1 year contract.

And my gut feeling and this is just more of a guess I think most likely Parsons will ask for a trade..

View attachment 709072
Thanks mate, well that makes things easier to assess.
Scooter - retired
JJ - delisted
TK - traded
Buzza - traded/delisted
Smith - traded/delisted

Pretty certain on those list spots coming up.

Depending on Cockatoo's form at season end, maybe he is traded if the deal is right.
Cunico is salvaged another year.
Atkins year by year proposition.

GAJ, Taylor, Henderson, Bews probably all go again.

I hate saying who as in a way you would hate to be the person name who could get delisted. So I'm sorry to the players names I'm about to say

Jamaine Jones Delisted :huh: Rookie
Jordan Cunico Delisted
Wylie Buzza Delisted ( I don't want to, I'd like to give him another Contract )
Zac Smith will ask for a trade ( Can't blame him, I think his our best ruckman )

The others that are up in the air in will they play on etc
Gary Ablett. If we win the flag he will end on a high.
Harry Taylor, Interesting see what he does as Henderson is younger.
Lachie Henderson, may want a trade so he can play more AFL, but I'd like to keep him.
I think Tim Kelly will ask for a trade.
I think Scooter will stay at a mega reduce salary on a 1 year contract.

And my gut feeling and this is just more of a guess I think most likely Parsons will ask for a trade..
Yeah, on a similar page... Footy list spots are gonna be tough to find at season's end unless a few players ask for trades or seek retirement.
Always a tough job to assess list spots when the club is sitting pretty in top spot. The job is generally easier to assess when the club is under-performing.

Pay one of em out and call it a loss. Not helping us go anywhere.

Craig Malone from Redland in the NEAFL also looks interesting, 198cm, 115kg looks very similar to mumford in terms of body type. 26 years old.
Leads the NEAFL in hitouts at 48.4 per game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone know anything about Jeremy Goddard from Claremont?
had a look and he leads the WAFL in hitouts with 37.6 a game and hes only 21
202cm and 95kg

Yes. Haven't seen much of him recently but I think his speed and agility might have been an issue? Still at that age he'd be worth a late round punt.

Craig Malone from Redland in the NEAFL also looks interesting, 198cm, 115kg looks very similar to mumford in terms of body type. 26 years old.
Leads the NEAFL in hitouts at 48.4 per game.

No.
Old and the NEAFL is a terrible standard of football. May as well grab the best ruck in the GDFL.

Bailey Williams is 18/19 and had had a few 20+ hitout games in the wafl. That's a set of steak knives you could maybe build on if a certain trade were to fall that way.
Maybe. I don't rate him. West coast are flush for medium forwards with Ryan, Allen, darling and cripps so I would ask for waterman who is dominating wafl. Averaging 3.5 goals a game in the wafl at 21

S.Selwood and Taylor retire. Gary 50/50.

Buzza and Abbott should both go but Smith will probably be the one.

Reckon Narkle might be traded.

Abbott and Fort contracted Smith isnt.
Bye Smith Scooter Cunico and Buzza (although the last one might hang on as KPF backup).
Taylor retire Gaz one more year.
I agree Narkle might be traded home possibly in the TK deal. If all of those go thats 7 off the senior list (although really 5 spots as zuthrie and Simpson are getting elevated due to contracts). Delist jones off the rookies give Henderson 1 more year with HT going.
Gives us 5 senior spots and 3 rookie spots (or 4 and 4 if we elevate Atkins).

Pay one of em out and call it a loss. Not helping us go anywhere.

Wont happen. Smith will go and we keep the other 3 (you always want 3 rucks on the list). Those 3 rucks are safe unless we trade in another ruck.

Wont happen. Smith will go and we keep the other 3 (you always want 3 rucks on the list). Those 3 rucks are safe unless we trade in another ruck.

Everyone has opinions which is great ... Im cant say our rucks are the key to all problems but Im not sure we have balanced our methods for the role correctly.... but I cant see us suddenly baby bathwater the lot of them. Contracts will not be payed out.. but where do we go.

We seem to have a group that would all be fine as a 2nd choice ..Fort which I like the idea of getting ..but it looks like atpit he may lack afl talents but Abbott took over a year before being selected so I suspect Fort has been not given the same sort of time to build. He needs more weight and more strength especially overhead. If he cant get there I cant see him being around when OOC.

Stanley , Abbott , Fort ..and a younger ruck is a better range. If the young guy is a really talented player it makes the older guys all just clock watching till their contract is done. My ideal.. is Fort is probably replaced on the list with King. Abbott then as a true #2 is not holding anyone up unless we have another young guy like a Jackson etc. If we bring in a Darcy type ..what do we do with Stanley ..he has failed in any other role... but Im no overly fussed for that ..the role is to improve our group. Right now I cant see any guy on our list being anything but a probable weak link when we go in against a Grundy or NicNat. Stanley is a spinning wheel ..and if he was going to be better than he is .. he already be there.

What we really dont need is yet another Moneyball near 30 value player to replace Smith. Searching for a Mumford in the minors etc. To me its time to go back to getting someone under 23. Either draft or more probable .. a young guy with 2 / 3 years in system that cant get a game becuase a more established player is the #1. The trouble is this does nothing to improve our rucks for 2020.

Abbott and Fort contracted Smith isnt.
Bye Smith Scooter Cunico and Buzza (although the last one might hang on as KPF backup).
Taylor retire Gaz one more year.
I agree Narkle might be traded home possibly in the TK deal. If all of those go thats 7 off the senior list (although really 5 spots as zuthrie and Simpson are getting elevated due to contracts). Delist jones off the rookies give Henderson 1 more year with HT going.
Gives us 5 senior spots and 3 rookie spots (or 4 and 4 if we elevate Atkins).
looks about right ... but we seem to always miss someone who is unexpected... odds are we lose a best 22.

Everyone has opinions which is great ... Im cant say our rucks are the key to all problems but Im not sure we have balanced our methods for the role correctly.... but I cant see us suddenly baby bathwater the lot of them. Contracts will not be payed out.. but where do we go.

We seem to have a group that would all be fine as a 2nd choice ..Fort which I like the idea of getting ..but it looks like atpit he may lack afl talents but Abbott took over a year before being selected so I suspect Fort has been not given the same sort of time to build. He needs more weight and more strength especially overhead. If he cant get there I cant see him being around when OOC.

Stanley , Abbott , Fort ..and a younger ruck is a better range. If the young guy is a really talented player it makes the older guys all just clock watching till their contract is done. My ideal.. is Fort is probably replaced on the list with King. Abbott then as a true #2 is not holding anyone up unless we have another young guy like a Jackson etc. If we bring in a Darcy type ..what do we do with Stanley ..he has failed in any other role... but Im no overly fussed for that ..the role is to improve our group. Right now I cant see any guy on our list being anything but a probable weak link when we go in against a Grundy or NicNat. Stanley is a spinning wheel ..and if he was going to be better than he is .. he already be there.

What we really dont need is yet another Moneyball near 30 value player to replace Smith. Searching for a Mumford in the minors etc. To me its time to go back to getting someone under 23. Either draft or more probable .. a young guy with 2 / 3 years in system that cant get a game becuase a more established player is the #1. The trouble is this does nothing to improve our rucks for 2020.

Agree with a lot of that. The two problems with our rucks are we lack quality and theres no succession plan because they are all in the same age group. The second problem is solved by delisting Smith and draft/trade in a ruck aged under 22, gives a better age spread. The first one is harder to solve unless you trade big for an A grader or get a kid like Darcy in.

But remember the times we had Blicavs and Walker rucking due to lack of options, the club doesnt want that sort of scenario again so for that reason will always carry at least 3 rucks on the list regardless of who they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back