Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sounds like a stalemate on O Henry.
I suspect Bowes deal is taking some time because we are looking for other ways to get O Henry.
Bowes deal likely gets down, O Henry in doubt I suppose?

Ethan Phillips... mature key position intercepting defender.
Will he go Harry Taylor like 1st round or late like most mature VFL players.
Those below stats + size look too good to ignore, can't see him going late late in the draft.
Wouldn't shock me if we took him with our 2nd pick (wherever it ends up being if he is still on the board).

Defender, Vic​

Weight:
Height: 198cm
Club: Port Melbourne VFL
2022 VFL 112 ranking points, 19.6 disposals, 3.6 rebound 50s, 11.5 intercept possessions, 5.1 intercept marks, 3.7 spoils (15 games)

Phillips was the intercept king of the VFL this season, finishing the year with the Fothergill-Round-Mitchell Medal as the best young player in the competition - which has been a golden ticket into the AFL for the past decade. The key defender averaged a record-breaking 11.5 intercepts and 5.1 intercept marks per game (second of all time) for Port Melbourne in a breakout season. For context, All-Australian Sam Taylor led the AFL with 9.5 intercepts per game while Roos tall Ben McKay took a season-high 4.1. Earlier in the year against the Northern Bullants, the 198cm key defender racked up a staggering 24 intercept possessions and 12 intercept marks in a single game. Borough coach Adam Skrobalak said Phillips’ marking and reading of the play is as good as he has seen in the VFL, and he has been able to maintain his intercept game while playing on AFL-listed forwards. With intercepting such a crucial part of the game and key defenders in short supply, Phillips shapes as a mature-age option who can make an impact right away.
What's his speed like? Weight?

Have a feeling we will target Busslinger with 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rate him and he fills a list need so id like it but i think its more likely we pair clark with our other falcons boys if hawthorn let him through to us.

I don't think we were put through the ringer.

But Collingwood certainly managed to gently bend us over in the "brace" position and offer very little in the way of lubricant. I think Mackie is just strategically returning the favour.

Possibly and hope we dont overpay for henry.

Bloke has broken down more than i have in the last 12 months...lol. soft tissue/hammy related.
So risking a top 3 pick is what i call fookin stupid.

True but then people said it was stupid for us at the time to take Selwood because of his knees. All about that risk reward.

Maybe his hammys come good and its just growing issues. Then they look smart taking him if he becomes the next Cameron/Franklin/Whoever.

Blitz is absolute gold around the ball these days. Just must be retained there at all costs. And I'm not at all interested in any sort of semi-permanent role for Rhys down back.

So I'd be picking up the KPD depth player, for sure. They would easily find a place on our rookie list for 2023.

Blicavs in the middle was spot on but the tactic of the ruck dropping to CHB like Stanley did in the PF and GF can't be understated either. I would think thats a really smart tactic. But if this 5th bench place comes to fruition, I could absolutely see us just using Blicavs as a mid full time, and having Stanley + back up ruck on the bench. There were quite a few centre bounces where Rhys took the ruck and Blicavs was on ball and got the clearance, so this 5th bench spot might still favour us anyway because not many teams have big bodied mids who can kick off both legs like Blitz.

Until of course we lose 1 or 2 of them... Like car insurance, only need it when things turn pear shaped.
We were kissed on the proverbial doodle this year. Weill it happen again?? Who knows.
Yeah but how many teams have genuine KPD in reserve. Both Stanley and Blitz have played permanent KPD in the past. It's always going to be a loss when someone gets injured. We have Ceglar, Neale and Conway to cover ruck so can move Blitz and Stanley around. I know Blitz Stanley combo in the ruck worked this year but if you have an injury there is always going to be a consequence.

I don't think we need a KPD as depth. I know it's not how we play our best footy but blitz can go back. If we want to keep blitz in his rolling really ruck roll then play Stanley back and bring Cegsy man in.

Sdk is still young and we have zero kpd in the vfl we definitely need to bring one in if sav goes..we lose too much structure when blitz has to go back.

I agree and think if GC do take Hollands (and we should be hoping so) that it could be Humprey that Hawthorn takes before Clark.

I personally like the idea of Humprey if the Hawks took Clark anyway.

And well if Humprey goes full smokey top 5... that will mean that one of the top guys could slide to us.

Anyway, Hollands to GC would make a few nice possibilities open up for us.

We also will have the pick 1 selection before West Coke now... maybe we need to start talking plenty with Ginbey and stress WCE out enough to cough up something for a little 7 for 8 swap around.

It's looking good for us... just need GC to love Hollands and then it could be Clark or Humprey at worst for us.

What a huge bonus after flagging up + bringing in Bruhn, Henry + Bowes.... & holding onto our F1

Yeah humphrey is one that could polarise clubs...poor kicking but so many other attributes..i can see him going to gc or hawthorn or sliding.

The ginbey bluff is a great idea but wce might not buy it.
Is clark our target?

We will give something back knowing us.

Probably 58 if we wont use it anyway maybe?
Any names that spring to mind in terms of mature KPD backup options (Hamling aside)?

Ive suggested ethan phillips before from port melb..i would like him with a 30-40 pick..if he gets taken before us then theres a few other state league kpd id look at as rookies.

Get the feeling that if we get 33 for Esava we will want to take that to the draft as our second pick. I’d be holding my ground on offering 25.

Thats the optimistic view..33 would be around the mark for phillips (i know its early but i think in this draft he might go early) or a couple of good sliding talls like lemmey or keeler or weddle or barnett (rate him a lot, i also rate broadbent although i know some people dont) so id like to keep that pick.
7 33 and a couple of rookie picks would be great.
But i still reckon 33 might get used to help get henry across the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but how many teams have genuine KPD in reserve. Both Stanley and Blitz have played permanent KPD in the past. It's always going to be a loss when someone gets injured. We have Ceglar, Neale and Conway to cover ruck so can move Blitz and Stanley around. I know Blitz Stanley combo in the ruck worked this year but if you have an injury there is always going to be a consequence.

I wont do the numbers today but most teams have more kpd in reserve in their vfl team than us (numerically, quality is another matter). We are good for rucks in the short term but we desperately need some depth kpds.

The ginbey bluff is a great idea but wce might not buy it.
Is clark our target?
Was listening to a draft combine recap and Ginbey killed it, really impressed.
He has good in everything... Speed, power + endurance.

Who is our target?... I got no clue.
If I had to put my life on it... Clark.
But I have mentioned before I worry about having too many of the same type in the middle in the future.
Humprey could be a real Danger/De Goey type.

Time will tell but we are in a good spot.

YOUNG PIE'S GEELONG HOPES IN LIMBO​

A STALEMATE remains on Collingwood youngster Ollie Henry's request to be traded to Geelong, with the Magpies rejecting the Cats' offer of pick 25.

The Cats traded five draft selections to Brisbane last week for No.25 to on-trade for Henry but the Magpies didn't accept the deal.

It leaves things at an impasse with two days left before the Wednesday night trade deadline, with the Magpies having been adamant they would be looking for a first-round pick if Henry was to depart.

The Cats aren't able to trade their future first-round pick in a deal given the club has already traded its future second-round pick and also is set to deal its future third-rounder for Gold Coast's Jack Bowes.

Geelong had knocked back Collingwood's counter that would have seen it swap pick No.7 (that it is set to get for Bowes) for Henry and pick No.16 with a mix of other picks thrown in.

Henry was a first-round pick two years ago and played 15 games this season, booting 21 goals. He was drafted from the Geelong Falcons and trained at the Cats in his draft season alongside older brother, premiership player Jack Henry. – Callum Twomey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back