Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is still some seriously good talent available at pick 8 whichever way you wamt to spin it that we should be selecting and getting into our system asap as opposed to loading up for next year or dropping down.

If any of humphries mckenzie phillopou clark are available we should take one.

I can also smell a steal and almost force a scenario where west coast 1 pick ahead of us catches wind we want ginby and trades down to our pick for their pick 8 and somerhing else... As ginby has geelong and wells type pick all over him
If WC wanted to move one pick .. to get him they would need to really know we would take him. What would you do the trade back for? Be difficult getting a future pick from them considering next years draft

Last edited:
Not sure the likes is Hawkins, Selwood & Duncan are relevant to a discussion regarding trading in older players - we were the club that drafted them, and offering them contracts after turning 30 is a different proposition to trading in a player who's 29/30

As for Dangerfield, he was 25 when he joined Geelong, and Tuohy turned 27 in the months after joining us - so again, I would suggest they aren't guys who'd be included in discussions about trading in older players

Generally id like to think we bring in players capable of playing enough footy for us ..perhaps 80-100 games.... but Smith has shown me up on that. Would he be our best Haw Geelong player who was successful at both clubs?

If we bring in older players they have to be able to do what he has done..plug and play and deliver. Cant deliver more that what he did

Yes and No. Like hits and misses.
Isaac Smith HIT
Higgins MISS
Ceglar MISS
Dalhaus Mehh BITofBOTH.

I was against Ceglar ..but id say the jury is still out. Ic oudl see him play a lot of footy for us in 23... I think I heard he has an amazing record of being a flags sides but being not selected in the side

I was against Ceglar ..but id say the jury is still out. Ic oudl see him play a lot of footy for us in 23... I think I heard he has an amazing record of being a flags sides but being not selected in the side
Keep him on the list for another decade.

If WC wanted too move one pick .. to get him they would need to really know we would take him. What would you do the trade back for? Be difficult getting a future pick from them considering next years draft
not sure how well clubs are across other clubs recruitment and list management intentions these days?? they moved back down the draft order significantly already and i imagine he was quite heavily in their sights when they did that.

would you happily take west coasts pick 8 and their future second round pick in exchange for our pick 7? if it means they take grinby and we select one of mckenzie clark or humphries with it? I can see that being a win win.

not sure how well clubs are across other clubs recruitment and list management intentions these days?? they moved back down the draft order significantly already and i imagine he was quite heavily in their sights when they did that.

would you happily take west coasts pick 8 and their future second round pick in exchange for our pick 7? if it means they take grinby and we select one of mckenzie clark or humphries with it? I can see that being a win win.
They'd be game to give that up, IMO, as they could easily finish Bottom 4 this year - and that could be Pick 19-22 to move up one spot.

I'd be all for it, but I doubt it happens given our aversion to WA kids as of late

They'd be game to give that up, IMO, as they could easily finish Bottom 4 this year - and that could be Pick 19-22 to move up one spot.

I'd be all for it, but I doubt it happens given our aversion to WA kids as of late
what aversion? we have had a very good historical record of keeping and retaining interstate talent.

Of course hits and misses, but ultimately it won us the trophy.
Hawkins hit
Selwood hit
Dangerfield hit
Tuohy hit
Duncan hit
And so it goes
Player management is a new phenomenon due to Geelongs efforts
Respect for players goes a long way
Agree with u on these.
Was looking at those we bought in rather than those we managed internally on cost friendly contracts along with quality output.
Zack Williams has neither of those qualities for me

Hard to know which free agent we would go after next year, it might change post draft and during next season. But I would definitely be interested in Makay even if we draft Busslinger. (I hope we do!) Our young tall stocks need to be bolstered.

Parish has the local factor going for him which obviously works for Geelong but I do not think he represents value for money. Definitely would not match what Essendon would be offering. He just doesnt impact games enough for me.

7 for 8 and a Fr2 ...yes especially if one knows they are going a WA player that you were not going to pick. That would be an interesting conundrum pre-draft ...as it would suddenly give us collateral in draft. Woudl they trade 8 though for that ...my guess is they would offer 12

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doedee is only 187cm. Is he good on small forwards?
He plays taller than his height indicates. I think he's a very underrated player.

Id think it would be 12 they offered ..so they have two in a row and it locks up a couple of WA kids.

I think thats more or less true but its starts to fray towards 10 in some drafts.

I don’t think so.
Live pick swaps have added a curly without doubt.

But the recruiting group Australia wide would be paid $1 mil easy. Maybe 2. It’s their job to know what’s going on.

And relationships are important. If I called you and asked who you’re looking at you aren’t going to lie.

After 10 it’s open slather.
I actually think wells said he knows up until about 14. This was 2017 or 18 though.

I don’t think so.
Live pick swaps have added a curly without doubt.

But the recruiting group Australia wide would be paid $1 mil easy. Maybe 2. It’s their job to know what’s going on.

And relationships are important. If I called you and asked who you’re looking at you aren’t going to lie.

After 10 it’s open slather.
I actually think wells said he knows up until about 14. This was 2017 or 18 though.

You dont think so .. and I do ..

Twomey last year missed on 10 but he got his first 9 right .... Johnson or Amiss. There must have been some clubs not sure.

Last edited:
You dont think so .. and I do ..

Twomey is last year missed on 10 but he got his first 9 right .... Johnson or Amiss. There must have been some clubs not sure.

Will be the same this year with Ginbey likely at 8 (9), and then recruiters unsure which 1 of Busslinger and E. Hewett they select as their second WA kid at 12 (13) (consensus is Hewett right now, but who knows for sure)

Will be the same this year with Ginbey likely at 8 (9), and then recruiters unsure which 1 of Busslinger and E. Hewett they select as their second WA kid (consensus is Hewett right now, but who knows for sure)
I rate Hewett a better player than Ginbey.

If I were WC recruiter I'd be going Hewett and Busslinger.

I rate Hewett a better player than Ginbey.

If I were WC recruiter I'd be going Hewett and Busslinger.
Fair chance they want all 3, so wouldn't be at all surprising to try and get our 7, Saints 9, if Clark/McKenzie was gone, for their Future 1st.

I'm more on Ginbey, but you can't go wrong with any of them, IMO

Will be the same this year with Ginbey likely at 8 (9), and then recruiters unsure which 1 of Busslinger and E. Hewett they select as their second WA kid at 12 (13) (consensus is Hewett right now, but who knows for sure)

i think this year may be close... but yes that a good example ... but if they managed to get 7 from us ...maybe Buss or Hewitt jump...

2020.. CT was several off. ..he had Henry going at 10 and Bruhn at 7 ..so I think it depends on who has the picks , what kids are in what ranges.

Fair chance they want all 3, so wouldn't be at all surprising to try and get our 7, Saints 9, if Clark/McKenzie was gone, for their Future 1st.

I'm more on Ginbey, but you can't go wrong with any of them, IMO
I'd do that deal. There's a big chance they win the spoon. Then Harley Reid.

Actually scrap that, I want Clark first..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back