Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha it's funny you mention Humphrey as a Danger replacement. Is that to replace behinds and OOFs?

Yep ha can spray a few...but he finds the ball a lot too. You can polish the kicking but even if his kicking is no better than Danger his whole career..he is going to be a match winner.

Jefferson looks very Mitch Brown to me. Said that a while back.

I think he will be a solid player indeed. Has a playing style like Bontempelli. Phillipou looks to have the outside and inside game, plus marking and goal kicking. Looks a better type than Knevitt, but hopefully I eat my words. Or we draft him and they both turn into stars.

I think Humphrey is the one that probably could replace Dangerfield. If we have confidence in Bruhn, Bowes, Knevitt and the rest of the upcoming types, the Humphrey looks the point of difference in the next gen mids from this draft.

Jefferson will be one to watch once in the system. Id not compare him to Brown ..rather id say Jones at Ess...either way top 10 is too early. Id like to see guys like him and Cadman play a few VFL games thru the year to get a better gauge on them. I remember Schache..he could not have been more impressive in the u18's. I think you have to be able to win the ball in a contest.

Jefferson will be one to watch once in the system. Id not compare him to Brown ..rather id say Jones at Ess...either way top 10 is too early. Id like to see guys like him and Cadman play a few VFL games thru the year to get a better gauge on them. I remember Schache..he could not have been more impressive in the u18's. I think you have to be able to win the ball in a contest.

Schache might have been good in U18's but worse than average and soft in his approach to senior football it appears..

An awful disappointment given the hype around him..at his 4th club now??

I think his marking ability will stand out to clubs and is what draws the King Comparisons, guys taken some unreal marks this year, isnt the finished product as he needs a hell of alot of body mass and his set shot kicking is pretty average but I'd be surprised if he didnt go in that 10-15 range.

Thats the issue though..ie if his body cant handle putting the weight on without breaking down so you basically have mitch brown- a kpp in a flankers body who never has a real A grade career. The kings were much more physically developed so not only had the capacity to play afl in years 1 and 2 but didnt carry that sort of risk. I wouldnt take jefferson first round personally though i wont be surprised to see it happen.

Thats the issue though..ie if his body cant handle putting the weight on without breaking down so you basically have mitch brown- a kpp in a flankers body who never has a real A grade career. The kings were much more physically developed so not only had the capacity to play afl in years 1 and 2 but didnt carry that sort of risk. I wouldnt take jefferson first round personally though i wont be surprised to see it happen.

Watching highlights of Leemey ..he played back and forward .... and at times forward he too made space and got on the end of open ball but I like his package just as much ..if not more...and his height gives him another attribute. His setshot kicking looks more robust. He reads the ball well in the air...although not sure on his high end athletic ability.

Overall Im not sure why he has dropped away so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont mind his top 20.
Id be happy with clark.

Do rate ryan but id want a tall with our 2nd pick in that mock id go lemmey or broadbent or verrall (unless we take foster or northam).
We are not taking 4 picks (2 or 3 if we delist simpson) so we will either take clohesy with our 2nd/3rd pick (if we think someone will take him late in the ND) or gamble he gets through ND and we take him as a cat b.

Dont mind his top 20.
Id be happy with clark.

Do rate ryan but id want a tall with our 2nd pick in that mock id go lemmey or broadbent or verrall (unless we take foster or northam).
We are not taking 4 picks (2 or 3 if we delist simpson) so we will either take clohesy with our 2nd/3rd pick (if we think someone will take him late in the ND) or gamble he gets through ND and we take him as a cat b.
When is Twomey's phantom generally released?

Is there a chance North could take Clark to complement Sheezel given the question mark re Wardlaw's hamstrings?

You'd assume those clubs would be worried about the optics.

Especially if North passed on an assured top 4 pick to take a swing at Clark who is more in the 5-9 range.

I mean, no one knows how they'll go but North need the most ready made players now so I'm guessing that plays into it.

This Chris Doerre fellow has been doing this for a long time, you would think he would have been snapped up by a club by now. Much like Emma Quayle was by the Giants.
Also does anyone else find it amusing that he refers to Phillipou as the son of Sam. I had to google who Sam Phillipou was, 3 game player for Footscray in 1995. Hardly worth mentioning, I can't imagine there would be too many that remember him.

This Chris Doerre fellow has been doing this for a long time, you would think he would have been snapped up by a club by now. Much like Emma Quayle was by the Giants.
Also does anyone else find it amusing that he refers to Phillipou as the son of Sam. I had to google who Sam Phillipou was, 3 game player for Footscray in 1995. Hardly worth mentioning, I can't imagine there would be too many that remember him.

My guess is son of sam is a play on David Berkowitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back