Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is the Kings are both massive Aints tragics and like playing together, which is the only thread of hope the Sainters have of getting the other King either via trade or waiting until he is a FA and decides to return to Vic.

Gold Coast should have drafted both ... but who knows what happens down the track. It would be difficult to know who will be quicker to a flag.. Gold Coast or the Saints...but Gold Coast have enough talent that they are deliberately shedding players so they can keep what they have in the next two or three....so that they can bring in big names.

Im very glad to be a Geelong supporter ... as atpit we are probably closer to another flag with our current group.... and their would be a degree of confidence we are on our way to rebuild ing our side so that in five years time we..are are still closer than either of them.

Jeez this kid has a lot of good traits based on that vision...could be higher than late/rookie if there's 3 different clubs interested.

Definitely a Wells pick though

Call me a sceptic... Id pass on him. 175cm . Id like to see him play in the SANFL or or VFL or some league where there is sort of serious defence. Sort of Shagga Byrnes size...he best be quick.

Last edited:

Mitch Brown was a skilled player but never strong enough to take contested marks; Jefferson might be the same, though his big grab on video looked good.

Not sure why so many are discussing TDK other than the family link: we've got Conway.

As for Zac Williams, thanks but no thanks.

SOC... one ruckman of a very young age? We are going to need more than one guy... Might not be TDek.. but we have not even seen him play a AFL game yet... I think another tall will be required in the next year or two

I thought that at the time. Especially as both Kings were capable forwards and defenders at youth level.

Take them both, likely keep them happy, and then you have a KPD and KPF or two KPFs to build a team around.

It seemed obvious ..but they were tempted by the SA talent.

I was gonna say how can a 7 goal haul be mediocre but then I remembered the time Angus monfries got 7 Joe the gooses against us. 😳
A 50m penalty, a free kick inside 50, a loose kick over the top on his own in the goal square, and then a leading mark on his own with his opponent 20m away from him. That is 4 of them off top of my head.

It was not the dominant display you would like to witness from a key forward wth a top ten pick

Call me a sceptic... Id pass on him. 175cm . Id like to see him play in the SANFL or or VFL or some league where there is sort of serious defence. Sort of Shagga Byrnes size...he best be quick.

Wasn't a hell of a lot of defensive pressure placed on him in that vision was there. Not sure he'd be able to waltz out of the middle like he did over and over in the AFL (or even VFL). He ran ahead of the footy quite a bit too. Would have loved our side back in the late 80's/90's!

How can you have any credibility by having 2 teams in your top 10 who have never won a flag (and one in GC who have never made finals), and having Blues/Bombers who either haven't made or won finals in a long time.

WBD have worse youth than us, yet they are in 3rd and we are 12th? Crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know he’s going to be good when both Geelong and Sydney are interested. Best two ran clubs of my lifetime.

Both clubs are well run but no club is impervious to recruit failure. For every Close there are probably several failures. Ling in our VFL program was a R1 pick at the Swans

Reckon it's great that CH7 have an arrangement to drag in some kiddies in from the local sheltered workshop and let them loose on their social media account each week.

I mean seriously, this is just damaging to the brand of the TV network who pays billions for the TV rights. No rationale, and no plausible explanation other than a list which appears to be the ramblings of someone who is not well.

I can understand why they have us further down the ladder here given the preponderance of older players on our list. What I can't understand is how they can possibly justify having Freo as their #1 seed when Freo don't have a single player capable of kicking 40+ goals on their list. :drunk:

Jefferson 195cm
Max King 204cm

King's biggest weapon is that he can plunk the ball from higher than others due to his height and reach.
Jefferson at 195cm is not going to have that luxury.

I can see Jefferson pushing out in the draft a bit unless there's a couple of sides keen to take a tall forward with their 1st pick
I think sadly with our first pick we are just out of reach of that first tier of elite mids. Clark and humphries look better than mckenzie who comes across as a little bit below and more of an outside player. Alot of his highlights show him being an outside receiver and letting others do the inside work which would explain why he is valued a little lower

Mitch Brown was a skilled player but never strong enough to take contested marks; Jefferson might be the same, though his big grab on video looked good.

Not sure why so many are discussing TDK other than the family link: we've got Conway.

As for Zac Williams, thanks but no thanks.
Jefferson looks very Mitch Brown to me. Said that a while back.
I'm really intrigued by Phillipou, I haven't seen enough to confidently make a call about him but there's a lot to like. What I've seen makes me think he could be a star.
I think he will be a solid player indeed. Has a playing style like Bontempelli. Phillipou looks to have the outside and inside game, plus marking and goal kicking. Looks a better type than Knevitt, but hopefully I eat my words. Or we draft him and they both turn into stars.

I think Humphrey is the one that probably could replace Dangerfield. If we have confidence in Bruhn, Bowes, Knevitt and the rest of the upcoming types, the Humphrey looks the point of difference in the next gen mids from this draft.

Jefferson looks very Mitch Brown to me. Said that a while back.

I think he will be a solid player indeed. Has a playing style like Bontempelli. Phillipou looks to have the outside and inside game, plus marking and goal kicking. Looks a better type than Knevitt, but hopefully I eat my words. Or we draft him and they both turn into stars.

I think Humphrey is the one that probably could replace Dangerfield. If we have confidence in Bruhn, Bowes, Knevitt and the rest of the upcoming types, the Humphrey looks the point of difference in the next gen mids from this draft.
Haha it's funny you mention Humphrey as a Danger replacement. Is that to replace behinds and OOFs?

why the hell didnt the suns draft both of them together. Now they took rankine whos now pissed off back to crom meaning they're back to square 1
Was listening to a podcast with max king - they definitely didn’t want to get drafted together, and sound happier apart than in each other’s pockets. Supposedly teams around the draft asked what they wanted and they said seperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back