Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bloke is almost certain to be our pick 7 if Clark isnt available, Selwood would make sure of that.

After reading that I don’t even want Clark. It would be a Geelong thing to go and select this kid even if Clark was available. Busslinger will be the man if he’s known Selwood all this time. As for Clark fair chance he’s interstate and home in two years anyway
Not sure Mackie's going to be great at this role.

First the talk of ridiculous lowballing, now we've traded, to my calculations, roughly 756 points in and 1600 out.
Who cares because the cats have spent 15 of the last 16 years playing finals with no good draft picks. Rather make the 8 annually than be the new carlton for two decades

If the club wants Jhye Clark, I hope he is telling the other clubs in the interviews that he will only sign a minimum 2 year deal then look to go to the Cats if they draft him. Hopefully keep the others off him so we get him if we have pick 7. Don’t like the Hawks being just before us.
Iv said it before and I'll say again... Clark doesn't care if he goes to any Club.. I know that for a fact... Plus he barracks for Collingwood, but they got no pick above us at pick 7..
Clark will not be a flight risk like Bruhn

The contract the offer he was unders ...how do they go picking him in the national draft at 3 times their offer?

Correct which is why he would get to 25 as that will put clubs off.

Seems L fogarty like to me. But is a good leader.

Wouldn’t want us using a top 8 pick on him

I think Clark is being a little overrated in here for obvious reasons, he’s a bit better than Fogarty though, he’s a few CMs taller, a few KGs heavier, a more natural clearance player, Intbink he’ll make the grade for sure however I do think he’s incredibly similar to Bruhn so it would be an odd choice to have two on the list, personally I really like Humphrey, field kicking needs some work, set shot kicking a ton of work but I love his power.

The point I was actually trying to make, which I did poorly is you don’t trade a round 1 pick for a player that won’t walk into your best 22. Eg Tanner Bruhn.

Top ten pick for sure, top 15 maybe but 18? It’s basically a 2nd rounder anyway.

It is comparable. Geelong got screwed on that deal. How did you feel about it at the time? Pies might take the deal if they blink but I hope they don't.

To be fair we would have liked more and hes a good player but 12 months on its worked out well for both clubs...clark has become a regulaf flanker...we've had guys like zac guthrie develop and we turned the pick into a quality young ruckman that fills a list need for us. We turned a loss on paper into a decent result and the same thing can happen for collingwood here if wright isnt too stubborn.

Any other candidates for pick 7? Pretty shallow draft so I still think Clark is the suitable option.
Unless one of those above pick a bolter Clark won't get to us.

If he doesn't I'd be happy to go Busslinger. Lots of vanilla looking midfielders after Clark imo.

Hard to judge obviously just on highlights but Buslinger doesn’t look like a first round pick from what I’ve watched. I think to use a high pick on a key defender they’d really need to have some standout attributes.
He looks more like a later pick key defender.
It would be good to add some depth to our key defenders. But I think we should be looking to fill that later in the draft or even rookie picks.
If Esava goes we'll probably need someone ready to fill in if needed.
A couple of names mentioned early in the year and in the mid season draft could be looked at as rookies El Nour and Shlensog. Different players but could provide some defensive depth.

Iv said it before and I'll say again... Clark doesn't care if he goes to any Club.. I know that for a fact... Plus he barracks for Collingwood, but they got no pick above us at pick 7..
Clark will not be a flight risk like Bruhn
Collingwood supporter = dont want him now....he can gagf 🤣

Hawthorn is the worry. Aside from the Selwood Thorpe history ..... they've publicly declared an interest in Clark and see him as a future leader. We got lucky with Joel - with a bit of luck we'll get lucky with the kid he mentors.

The least likely of the trades that work in our favour I think. Time will tell. Best chance is that a couple of clubs with early picks pull surprise moves and there's someone at 6 that Hawthorn can't ignore instead of Clark.
Uggh....I just hate it when good Falcons to the Hawks. Turns my stomach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any other candidates for pick 7? Pretty shallow draft so I still think Clark is the suitable option.

I prefer Humphrey to Clark but yeah there’s a big chance they are both gone by then, I’d take Holland’s personally as a potential successor to Mitch Duncan, feel like worst case he’s a run of the mill winger but I reckon there a decent ceiling there.

Im not generally one for conspiracy theories anyway there’s enough that happens in the world without needing them.
There is so much afl media that is not linked to Fox Footy or trade radio that journalists would find the stories.
I agree it would leak, but I don’t think it would get to that because there’s a long queue of potential trades that would be unlocked, but no time to do them.
AFL want them announced early and often, I reckon.

For me I like Mattaes Phillipou, Elijah Hewett, Bailey Humphrey and Jhye Clark in that order. Reckon all could be reasonably available at 7-8.

I know he ended up in the 2nds - but the games i watched - and there were quite a few - he seemed like a happy player -like one game their he came on as the sub - kicked 4 goals - and basically won the game for them

So if Coll dont accept 25 - Henry might say - ok a deal didnt come to fruition - so i will resign with the Magpies - because like i say he seemed to be happy their

And at this point in time - no poster is right or wrong - no matter how aggressively they enter their post

Resigning or re-signing, because they have two very different meanings and depending who you listen to, 'resigning from Collingwood' may be the more likely outcome versus 're-signing with Collingwood'

McKenzie is my favourite option, and he'll definitely be available at 7 as well - so I'd probably be just as happy with him as I would with Clark. Busslinger, given the Selwood connection is the other one I'd be fine with, but I'd be happier to trade back as I'm not sure he goes Top 10.

Top 6 are where the cream of the crop is, then about another 10 or so that could be very good, then sketchy as hell the rest of the draft. There's a reason everyone is trading out of this draft and into the next one - because the talent is very, very thin this year.

Perfectly played by Mackie so far.

‘Lopsided’ trade is super effective for us. As soon as afl clarified the firm stance on future pick trading rules and indicated that a future 3rd will cover the Bowes dump deal yesterday, he hit the Brisbane trade tactically offloading our future second and fourth.

It gave Brisbane plenty of points for their bids this year (from picks we couldn’t use anyway given limited list spots), plus future R2 to potentially use in Dunkley trade, but still netting us 25 this year for Henry (which is close enough to fair that pies have to take it), AND it also protected our future first. People can look at the points imbalance all they want, but this is a win-win.

For as long as it takes the pies to accept 25 (which they might now have in private), the Bowes trade won’t get done - ensuring zero risk of 7 being involved. And this has flow on effects to other deals for other clubs including suns, pies, etc. Great leverage.

Given pick swaps can keep happening right through the draft - lopsided favours can be given a little more balance via later pick swaps or into future years (once everyone knows what players have been traded in / out, number list spots being solved for, where bids have come for draft players, etc).

By Wednesday night, we’ll all be hailing the new list management chief with pick 7, a later pick or two, Bowes, Bruhn and Henry all in the door, and our future first for next year still sitting there for us as well. (Not to mention the potential for McKenna to waltz in as well).

Won the GF by 81 points, and this performance isn’t far behind.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back