Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: JDG

I think playing down at Sleepy Hollow, he will get up to less mischief during the season, especially if you build it into his contract that he cannot do offshore stints during the season. But Off-season, you'd want him boarding with some straight lace, does Joel Selwood have a Bungalow in his backyard? lol

You can win a flag with JDG. Its just a matter of what cost to the club, and its personnel.
He's 26, he won't be boarding with anyone.

I would say it would be our 2nd and 3 3rds for there round 1 pick.
With possibly a FR3

So let’s put that into a points situation
Points to BL 1315

Points worth to Geelong 985

Which works out to be a difference of 330 which is pick 46

This is all based on current ladder order.
If we improve and they slide.

Everything changes and I think we won’t be the team that will be involved with BL sadly
On points it works but Brisbane can't take 7 picks to the draft so that trade would be contingent on like 4 other trades that Brisbane will want to happen first.

If Brisbane takes that trade first then their bargaining position on upgrading the 3rds is pretty bad because everyone knows they're locked into trading out picks

I don’t think he will change at 26 with the chances he has had he really does lack self control and maturity
You should have seen me at 26.

His rendezvous in bali is nothing in comparison.

Re: JDG

I think playing down at Sleepy Hollow, he will get up to less mischief during the season, especially if you build it into his contract that he cannot do offshore stints during the season. But Off-season, you'd want him boarding with some straight lace, does Joel Selwood have a Bungalow in his backyard? lol

You can win a flag with JDG. Its just a matter of what cost to the club, and its personnel.
Trained for a bit of the pre-season with Leopold I believe, obviously has a strong connection with Buddha.

Maybe we recruit another player/mentor duo similar to Betts/Stengle, worked well the first time.

Couldn‘t imagine Steve Hocking being too thrilled with this idea, for multiple reasons.

From what I’ve read/seen I reckon it’s quite deep and relatively even after perhaps the first handful until about 20 then a further group to that 30 mark.
I wouldn’t want to trade our first (currently 15) as we could conceivably end up with a player such as Hollands or Szybkovski (sp?) or Clarke. Our second I would give up but they wouldn’t.

Is there any suggestion btw that he’s open to moving clubs?

I have said all along... the first thing is what he wants. I have also said several times I think he stays for another couple up there (guess). Till then its all preemptive. A discussion point I guess. How much is Flanders worth is another. The only thing that makes Bruhn of more interest is the Falcon link. He may not even want to come back to Geelong. Not all want to.

On the standard of the draft ... time will tell. The standard of the SA V Allies was low imo. The Phillipou kid look OK but id like to see more before I say he will be better than kids playing AFL now. Judging kids against kids at u18 level ...comparing it to a 20 year kid in and open comp will be open to opinion.
For example JyeC is a player most would like to add, Id like to see some stats on players like him , what he is doing at u18 level and compare it to Bruhn at u18 level.... as TB was rated at that level in draft two years ago. Id like to see kids like JyeC play at VFL level and see what their output is.

My perfered situation is we add youthful talent.. 20 yo rather than 18 probably has a couple of advantages but its not a huge difference yet its often cheaper. What would Holmes be worth I wonder as 20 yo or Parfitt.What was JordanC worth... yet they have years of elite level inputs. Those in system drop value for they are held to a high comparison. The draft is a hope machine more than an exact production line as we are picking kids so unformed and young.

Im not even sure how good the kids are we have already. How good are the 30 plus picks last year. Demp looks a bargain but who knows on the rest at this stage.I suspect , as much as we may debate Bruhn on here.. that the club really would be more interested in a Hopper or a Taranto type as they are legit impactful players to our best 22. My guess is if we are to trade our R1..it will be for that that type of player. If we brought in Bruhn, potential yes, but he would still have years to go before he would be a mainstay. They may think our kids , given time will develop and track on a similar trajectory...

....but what do we do if he say he want to come.

When that happens we can debate it with more fervour. As we both refer to... first things first. There has been no link or public speculation that TB is going, something usually get floated if it is to happen. He is playing games, so I think he is a good chance to stay, just like Henry.

Can’t see how else it would get done. What do you think?

If a players wants only a specific club then that makes it more difficult for his current club.If a player is uncontracted and fringe and "IF" it were to happen there are range of possibilities Id not say that our 2022 R1 is the only way it gets done. We have shown in the past a willing to down grade and upgrade, and perhaps a player wants to move and we gain picks, perhaps our late picks get trade for an earlier pick. Its not often we have traded for someone as young a 2nd year player so we would have to see but I doubt it would be the only way to get it done and there are a lot of unknowns atm. The first is does TB want to move.

At what price would you take JDG

Personally Id hope Geelong stays away at any price. One would need a strong group.. and we have a lot of guys who will be gone soon and he will be the elder statesman of the club...? Id say he signs for 2 years and tries to repair the damage. He will be then UFA in two years and again a chance to get a big contract...if he stays on track.

bart simpson GIF
pretty much... and if you are desperate for a flag , maybe you do it.

Think about it this way, every pick taken to the draft costs a list spot. If Brisbane is going to pay entirely in 3rd rounders they'll need around 10-12 empty spots on the list to hold them all and then fill those spots with last pick in the draft territory speculative types.

You can maybe get around that with on the day trading where other teams hold the list spots open but those teams won't be able to trade those picks for players so wouldn't get us Bruhn.

Basically a stack of 3rds during the trade period don't add add value for Brisbane. They need 2nds or they need us to hold the picks at the draft, which probably delists players we want to keep.

Trading your way from having a stack of thirds to a 1st rounder means probably a stack of individual trades with 3rd party clubs and us very likely chucking in future picks. Likely not feasible.

Yep... was the Dogs deal ..as a guide. Would have to include our R2 .

One thing is for Brisbane is its not just Ashcroft, Fletcher may get a a R2 bid as well...so they will need a good number of points.

Nice to so a potential Father Son make team of the week...

Described as running off the backline ....

Rule seems to b e a constant performer.. I think he may have been a good way to go with the MSD

View attachment 1430445
I ended up watching the game. He has some pace and good foot skills but he's very small.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookie I'd say.

As quick as his dad?

How would he compare to Williams who we just drafted...similar size? ...

Rookieme has him at 177. You have to be special under 180 these days.. Special by foot or speed to burn. Brownless made all the champs sides.. and he was over 180 and was not special enough. I hope he is ... I like having a link to our past ...but we have been a little dudded of late. If Brownless had been 196 ..I could imagine he would still be at Geelong.

Hollands...not Hollard? The brother of..? Late R1 ish?

Yes, Oliver Hollands. Brother of. Reckon he’d be a great fit for us. Might help get the brother across too at some stage.

See that PMBangers in his latest phantom has us taking Keeler. Be happy if that eventuates.

As quick as his dad?

How would he compare to Williams who we just drafted...similar size? ...

Rookieme has him at 177. You have to be special under 180 these days.. Special by foot or speed to burn. Brownless made all the champs sides.. and he was over 180 and was not special enough. I hope he is ... I like having a link to our past ...but we have been a little dudded of late. If Brownless had been 196 ..I could imagine he would still be at Geelong.
Quicker than his Dad I'd say.

And I'm not sure his height stats are right. He looks smaller than that.

Yes, Oliver Hollands. Brother of. Reckon he’d be a great fit for us. Might help get the brother across too at some stage.

See that PMBangers in his latest phantom has us taking Keeler. Be happy if that eventuates.

I would be very surprised if keeler drops below the top 10...very surprised.

I would be very surprised if keeler drops below the top 10...very surprised.

I don't know him that well is that the lightish kid they compare to Buddy crossed with Ryder ? I think I read its not a question of talent but some other issues that might be a slow on him... but him at our pick. Id be surprised too.

can take a nice mark ...

Ironically their list needs a bit more than JDG , it’s a big risk but I can see them paying overs for him

Tricky. If I were to say what they lack atm... its backline talent but that might be the way the play too. Their rucks and KPF are probably as good if not better than our in 07-11. Smalls pretty good. Mids a bit Mehh. HBF OK. If I were to lay money on who gets to a GF first Blues or Saints... I think Id go with the colour copiers ..blue and white.

Tricky. If I were to say what they lack atm... its backline talent but that might be the way the play too. Their rucks and KPF are probably as good if not better than our in 07-11. Smalls pretty good. Mids a bit Mehh. HBF OK. If I were to lay money on who gets to a GF first Blues or Saints... I think Id go with the colour copiers ..blue and white.
They have been overpaying for failed old recruits like Hill and Hanners …coupled with an aging Ryder from what little I have seen of them they need a few more spots than just one B grade kid that’s a bit overrated …he lacks the dedication and consistency to be elite for the price they will pay or Collingwood for that matter

Glad it’s not our problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back