Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah they both moved the conversation away to talk generally but I just wish there was the ability to speak more freely. Agree it would have made a big story if he had of said anything more.
I just wish we were at a point where coaches and players can say more what they think.
I know what you mean but can you imagine the circus? The non-footy footy news already drives me nuts. I don’t want coaches speaking their mind if it’s going to make that worse.

If he helps us win a premiership
I couldn’t care less if he went to Bali Monday-Thursday every week.

I know it’s a shot down option but I’ll hang myself out to dry and say absolutely I’d love to have DeGoey play for us.
Think he will go to Norf on that big fat contract. They will offer it to him again

I doubt it will be north now. Linked to Stk on the couch. Their level of desperation for a 2nd flag will probably allow them to run the ragged edge of the redline.

I heard an interview with Bruce McAvaney ... he made the comment about the essence of his job ... take it seriously, work very hard because I have a lot of pride and I don't want to let myself down ... you cant perform at 100% all the time its just not possible but you can give yourself a chance to perform at 100% all the time..thats the important thing , thats the essence for me, thats what drives me is give myself the opportunity to do a very good job ...

I just wonder if Deg has ever thought about it like that. I doubt it...has he tried to always give himself the best chance to do his best? When he has finshed will he say he gave it everything and left nothing on the table? I doubt it... when he gets to Fevs age ..he will be another ex player crying into his pretzels about the years and the talent he wasted. Maybe he will not care...he is going to get millions to play the game giving 3rd gear. The difference between very good and better than that.

Yeah I think our first outright is probably the most likely. Maybe we haggle a pick back

Ideally we can keep it. Maybe we can find a way to do it.. but he is a local kid that was rated mid R1 two years ago..and is tracking to match that investment. He is not the single figure pick we woudl like but he is still a better standard than most we have been able to get access to. First things first. What does TB want... cause cost is secondary. First is does he want us. He may want the big town experience after being in GWS..and want to go to Pieland for example. Not all locals want to return here.

Yeah they both moved the conversation away to talk generally but I just wish there was the ability to speak more freely. Agree it would have made a big story if he had of said anything more.
I just wish we were at a point where coaches and players can say more what they think.

just no upside in doing that. Think of the attention CS gets when they continued to ask him about finals in geelong. If Scott came out and said he was fine with it(for example) or if he should be suspended( for example)... I think being restrained and careful on this one was the way to go.

That was two R2 picks from memory and maybe a bit icing?

Pick 29 and a future 2nd with a late 40s pick going back. I think bruhn is worth more though as he doesnt have the same injury history.

Disappointing to hear Scott’s comments on 360 tonight about De Goey. I know it’s hard for coaches to criticise players at other clubs. But I would have preferred him to rule out recruiting him when asked directly. Clearly there is no chance he’s going to Geelong anyway but make a statement that we wouldn’t tolerate that at Geelong.

There’s a lot of issues with his behaviour but I’m sure not everyone here will agree on all of that. But the minimum is his off field behaviour shows a lack of respect to his team mates and club. I don’t think that’s within the mould of who we’d want at the club.

Just a shame that the coaches are comfortable to actually say what they think for fear of being critiqued.
Scott did mention that the club tries not to comment so much on trading/recruitment of players I think he meant while they’re still in contract.

The other interesting comment was how the coaches approached this season. That they tried to look at the list with fresh eyes.

He couldnt do that because apart from clubs rarely commenting on other clubs players it would be seen to be disrepectful to wells and mackie if hes deciding on a subject on his owm that should be their decision. But i do agree that i hope we dont go near de goey.

Now the Pies have at least 3 players running the ''Ive got a problem" line, the ''I am striving to improve'' line, and the club is ''understanding and supportive'' of the players. All of this around the basic culture of the old school toxic masculinity towards women. That club is a mess culturally, and I hope De Goey stays there, because I think if he goes and they get a good trade, they will improve. I know he is a good player, but overall I recon he is someone in the locker room that doesn't help the younger ones, or the club at all. Everyone is constantly put in a no-win situation by these clowns. Agree with above that CS on 360 clearly felt he had to NOT say anything really. Those that don't care about this, and only care about football ability are welcome to their opinion, but they also then need to understand that sponsors, the push for womens football, etc are being traded off by that view as unimportant. Fare enough if you think that, make sure you say that when you say off field stuff doesnt matter, etc. I am no fan of cancel culture at all, so I say let the Pies keep em all, they are clearly soft as a club on the culture front, and make sure at the Cats we keep respecting our team, club and each other. Everyone had a view and that's fine. We should not let twits like these 3 pit us against each other.

Is Bruhn really worth paying that much for? I haven’t been blown away by him. He does some nice things but isn’t a great ball winner, at this stage at least. I wouldn’t be giving up a lot to get him. Particularly, with this draft being relatively deep into the 3rd round.

They say this every year, I would say we could either trade our first pick for Bruhn and a 3rd
Then bundle all our 3rds and get Brisbane’s first.
Then it’s worth it. He will play 150+ afl games.
A pick 15 is worth anything close to that, we’ve stuffed up a lot around that pick over the past few seasons.
Prior to Holmes
Lang, Thurlow, Cockatoo etc.

They say this every year, I would say we could either trade our first pick for Bruhn and a 3rd
A pick 15 is worth anything close to that, we’ve stuffed up a lot around that pick over the past few seasons.
Prior to Holmes

You'd only consider it IF you had a guarantee from Bris that they would participate in the trade. I just haven't seen anything from Bruhn to justify parting with a first round pick or two 2nd rounders as has been discussed here.

You'd only consider it IF you had a guarantee from Bris that they would participate in the trade. I just haven't seen anything from Bruhn to justify parting with a first round pick or two 2nd rounders as has been discussed here.
Do you think he’s shown more than Clark?
He’s shown more than Caldwell, the similarities are very strong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is something i would do as i would like to keep our first and future first if possible.

Yes i know he is probably worth more but they owe us for matching Cameron;)

Our future 2nd is not likely to be as low as essendons was perceived as so i doubt that offer flies for bruhn.
I wouldnt trade our future 1st no way but if our current 1st is 15-20 i can see us offering that for bruhn although he probably stays anyway.

Prior to Holmes
Brisbane holding all those 3rds going into the draft means they need to hold open all those list spots. They'd probably need a lot of their points bundled into 2nds not 3rds so we'd probably be dropping a 2nd into any such transaction

Do you think he’s shown more than Clark?
He’s shown more than Caldwell, the similarities are very strong.

As in Jordan Clark? I haven’t seen Clark this year but prior to that, yes. I don’t think he’s shown markedly more than Caldwell.

To be clear I’m not completely averse to trading for Bruhn. But It sounds like what I’d be prepared to trade - a single second round pick - would be enough.

As in Jordan Clark? I haven’t seen Clark this year but prior to that, yes. I don’t think he’s shown markedly more than Caldwell.

To be clear I’m not completely averse to trading for Bruhn. But It sounds like what I’d be prepared to trade - a single second round pick - would be enough.
Believe you meant wouldn't?

The only way we trade in Bruhn without giving up a R1 pick is if we trade out Esava.

Prior to Holmes
Would trading all our round 3 picks, would add up to in points of a round 1 pick?

The only way we trade in Bruhn without giving up a R1 pick is if we trade out Esava.

Done but they dont want esava anymore that ship sailed 2 years ago. Savs market value is nil now.

Is Bruhn really worth paying that much for? I haven’t been blown away by him. He does some nice things but isn’t a great ball winner, at this stage at least. I wouldn’t be giving up a lot to get him. Particularly, with this draft being relatively deep into the 3rd round.

Is this draft really that deep... one probably doesn't really know till we look back in hindsight. I'm not overly fussed on TB one way or another... but Im not convinced that we will find a mid better after 20 or so either. Who knows how they go once they are playing against men in the higher standard. Will there be someone in the draft better than Bruhn 20 plus ..and will we get to pick them.There has to be some luck in that. It's balancing what is known and unknown against needs. If we really want to add play now talent that is at the level required we probably need to chase Taranto or Hopper

Why?

Is this draft really that deep... one probably doesn't really know till we look back in hindsight. I'm not overly fussed on TB one way or another... but Im not convinced that we will find a mid better after 20 or so either. Who knows how they go once they are playing against men in the higher standard. Will there be someone in the draft better than Bruhn 20 plus ..and will we get to pick them.There has to be some luck in that. It's balancing what is known and unknown against needs. If we really want to add play now talent that is at the level required we probably need to chase Taranto or Hopper

Why?
Can’t see how else it would get done. What do you think?

Why?

From what I’ve read/seen I reckon it’s quite deep and relatively even after perhaps the first handful until about 20 then a further group to that 30 mark.
I wouldn’t want to trade our first (currently 15) as we could conceivably end up with a player such as Hollands or Szybkovski (sp?) or Clarke. Our second I would give up but they wouldn’t.

Is there any suggestion btw that he’s open to moving clubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back