Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would trading all our round 3 picks, would add up to in points of a round 1 pick?

Currently as it stands
Brisbane currently have
Pick 18- 985

We have Pick 50,51,54,59
910 points

Ashcroft will get bid on at Pick 1 3000 points
20% discount makes it 2400

So right now, we need to sweeten the deal or they wouldn’t even consider it

Currently as it stands
Brisbane currently have
Pick 18- 985

We have Pick 50,51,54,59
910 points

I suspect they'll do multiple downgrades, we might be able to get a mid to late 20s pick

I’d be happy if anyone joins my JDG bandwagon but it’s currently a moped.
I’d take him at any price
Any? With his baggage and considering he would cost a lot and more than likely **** up yet again on bug money

I wouldn’t trust him around the kids tbh

Currently as it stands
Brisbane currently have
Pick 18- 985

We have Pick 50,51,54,59
910 points

So to sweeten the deal for Brisbane, what else would you offer?

At what price would you take JDG
bart simpson GIF

So to sweeten the deal for Brisbane, what else would you offer?
Think about it this way, every pick taken to the draft costs a list spot. If Brisbane is going to pay entirely in 3rd rounders they'll need around 10-12 empty spots on the list to hold them all and then fill those spots with last pick in the draft territory speculative types.

You can maybe get around that with on the day trading where other teams hold the list spots open but those teams won't be able to trade those picks for players so wouldn't get us Bruhn.

Basically a stack of 3rds during the trade period don't add add value for Brisbane. They need 2nds or they need us to hold the picks at the draft, which probably delists players we want to keep.

Trading your way from having a stack of thirds to a 1st rounder means probably a stack of individual trades with 3rd party clubs and us very likely chucking in future picks. Likely not feasible.

Think about it this way, every pick taken to the draft costs a list spot. If Brisbane is going to pay entirely in 3rd rounders they'll need around 10-12 empty spots on the list to hold them all and then fill those spots with last pick in the draft territory speculative types.

You can maybe get around that with on the day trading where other teams hold the list spots open but those teams won't be able to trade those picks for players so wouldn't get us Bruhn.

Basically a stack of 3rds during the trade period don't add add value for Brisbane. They need 2nds or they need us to hold the picks at the draft, which probably delists players we want to keep.

Trading your way from having a stack of thirds to a 1st rounder means probably a stack of individual trades with 3rd party clubs and us very likely chucking in future picks. Likely not feasible.
I'm not being silly here... i dont actually understand that fully...
Can u make it a bit more simple for me?
Eg I just want milk that taste like milk?

Trust me... its me, not you

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not being silly here... i dont actually understand that fully...
Can u make it a bir simple for me?
Eg I just want milk that taste like milk?
They have to have list spots available for the picks they take to the draft or the picks disappear. If they have 8 picks and 5 spots on the list the list 3 picks evaporate.

So they can't use a stack of picks in the 50s to match Ashcroft. We need to give them earlier picks

Despite all his off field issues, the way he would destabilise culture and influence other players the other issue with De Goey is he is massively overrated.
Not to say he isn’t a good player but he does not impact consistently enough to be held in the regard he is. Would not make my top 50 players in the league.
Maybe if he commuted himself to get the best out of himself he would have the impact to match his reputation.

They have to have list spots available for the picks they take to the draft or the picks disappear. If they have 8 picks and 5 spots on the list the list 3 picks evaporate.

So they can't use a stack of picks in the 50s to match Ashcroft. We need to give them earlier picks
So like Calder said maybe to do... hope this is correct Calder

We trade our 2nd rounder and a few of those 3rd rounder. For there 1st round pick and there 3rd round pick
So it could be like this
Geelong trade -Round 2 pick 2022. 2 Round 3 picks 2022
Brisbane trade - Round 1 pick, Round 3 pick

That looks fair Ithink 🤔

Agree they will do what wbd and coll did last year ie flip a late teens pick for a 20s pick and one or two r3s then split that again for 2 picks worth more points. Ie the dogs matched with 6 picks between 30 and 55, brisbane wont want a stack of 50s picks when they could do it that way and get more points and they wont want to open more than 5-6 list spots. A team trading up like us will pay a 30-50 % premium in terms of points value (as we did with the knevitt trade).

We trade our 2nd rounder and a few of those 3rd rounder. For there 1st round pick and there 3rd round pick
So it could be like this

That looks fair Ithink 🤔
I would say it would be our 2nd and 3 3rds for there round 1 pick.
With possibly a FR3

So let’s put that into a points situation
Points to BL 1315

Points worth to Geelong 985

Which works out to be a difference of 330 which is pick 46

This is all based on current ladder order.
If we improve and they slide.

Everything changes and I think we won’t be the team that will be involved with BL sadly

Re: JDG

I think playing down at Sleepy Hollow, he will get up to less mischief during the season, especially if you build it into his contract that he cannot do offshore stints during the season. But Off-season, you'd want him boarding with some straight lace, does Joel Selwood have a Bungalow in his backyard? lol

You can win a flag with JDG. Its just a matter of what cost to the club, and its personnel.

So it could be like this

That looks fair Ithink 🤔
In terms of balancing value you lose value when you trade up generally so a balanced trade would be more like they just give up their 1st and we give up all 3 3rds. But they can't actually take 7 picks to the draft. They, or we, need to turn all those 3rds into a mid-range 2nd somehow. It's doable but would end up pretty complex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back