Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dow getting plenty of possessions for Carlton VFL v Collingwood. He looks quite slender for a mid.

A little bit of insight from a couple of solid sources…

Hopper wants Geelong, Geelong wants Hopper. Just a matter of getting it done when the time comes.

Geelong wants JDG. But so does McRae. McRae loves him and that’s not just his media posturing. He really rates him. So, judging by what I know. I think the coach sways that, assuming JDG is keen on staying.

Bruhn is 100% leaving Victoria and Geelong are interested. Sounds like a package for him and Hopper could be considered.

Bailey Scott and Acres are left-field ones. Chris Scott’s media response seems genuine. But can never rule out someone is running the numbers on them, I guess.

Grundy and Henry are extremely interesting. Grundy will be gone. McRae thought he was soft and not vocal enough for a big man and a leader. Hates how docile and timid he is. So, Grundy will 100% be gone. Geelong have shown interest, albeit tempered. It’s a logical move and in spite of his deficiencies, I could see him doing well with so many other vocal leaders in the group. I’m sure Melbourne feel the same way, especially having Gawn. And finally, Henry. Geelong want him but whether that happens now or again down the line, will have to see. Could be part of a package with Grundy but a lot of moving pieces would have to fall into place to occur.

Also, there’s a bit of a rumour we have asked about Logue but that is very premature and unconfirmed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hopper wants Geelong, Geelong wants Hopper. Just a matter of getting it done when the time comes.

Geelong wants JDG. But so does McRae. McRae loves him and that’s not just his media posturing. He really rates him. So, judging by what I know. I think the coach sways that, assuming JDG is keen on staying.

Bruhn is 100% leaving Victoria and Geelong are interested. Sounds like a package for him and Hopper could be considered.

Bailey Scott and Acres are left-field ones. Chris Scott’s media response seems genuine. But can never rule out someone is running the numbers on them, I guess.

Grundy and Henry are extremely interesting. Grundy will be gone. McRae thought he was soft and not vocal enough for a big man and a leader. Hates how docile and timid he is. So, Grundy will 100% be gone. Geelong have shown interest, albeit tempered. It’s a logical move and in spite of his deficiencies, I could see him doing well with so many other vocal leaders in the group. I’m sure Melbourne feel the same way, especially having Gawn. And finally, Henry. Geelong want him but whether that happens now or again down the line, will have to see. Could be part of a package with Grundy but a lot of moving pieces would have to fall into place to occur.

Also, there’s a bit of a rumour we have asked about Logue but that is very premature and unconfirmed.

I have also “heard” (for what it is worth) that hopper is as close to a certainty as a trade can be (ie. both parties very keen so it usually happens). Does that make it challenging for Stephens into his last year on contract? I know we lose Selwood but I think Cooper might struggle again to get matches without lots of injuries and reckon he will get frustrated…

Geelong‘s interest in JDG was strong (replacement for Danger) but has waned significantly (at the same time as Collingwood negativity also turning around) so I can’t see it happening at all.

Cat’s love Celglar and his “brutality” at the ball. I reckon they think that keeps enough pressure on Stanley next year and they don’t need another ruckman - issues of course is 2024 in terms of any gap between Stanley/cegs and Toby coming on….but reckon they can deal with that then?

I think people will be pleasantly surprised with Hopper. He’s a quality, albeit not a star, AFL mid.
He is pretty much better than what we have on our list and under age 26 currently for that inside midfield role. I think he will complement the other developing mids. He also looks the logical replacement available and ready to go for club life after Selwood. You can pretty much guarantee he will end up at the Cattery, it's just a question how much we pay for him at the trade table.

Lot of names there. I suspect we will get two or three players max in trades. It could be a good draft to have later picks and take a punt there.

I think Clohesy with one of our picks in the 40s would be a good get. Osca Riccardi with last pick, if nothing better available.

He is pretty much better than what we have on our list and under age 26 currently for that inside midfield role. I think he will complement the other developing mids. He also looks the logical replacement available and ready to go for club life after Selwood. You can pretty much guarantee he will end up at the Cattery, it's just a question how much we pay for him at the trade table.
So who do we trade? We can’t really offer a high draft pick as still trying to catch up from Jezza trade (which is looking better each week!)? Do we have players they might think about (given hopper is more of a salary dump). SAV? For the backline even though he is 3 games into the experiment?

Stephen’s? Would they take him? Would we let him go?

I can’t see what else we have. What am I missing

So who do we trade? We can’t really offer a high draft pick as still trying to catch up from Jezza trade (which is looking better each week!)? Do we have players they might think about (given hopper is more of a salary dump). SAV? For the backline even though he is 3 games into the experiment?

Sav has to be a real chance considering we heard they were sniffing around him when Jezza trade was being discussed.

We will offload our first round pick, with some pick swaps later. That's what I am thinking. I'm not sure its a particularly exceptional draft this year, but I could be wrong. If we throw in Sav, then it will be just our first round pick and him, and we "might" get something back, like a 4th rounder or something. I have a feeling if we don't get Grundy, which is more likely, then they will try keep Sav, and try and back in Conway and Neale, with SavRat, post Stanley/Ceglar Geelong team. I kind of trust our club with insights on players that we can grab later in the draft, or as rookie selections.

Lot of names there. I suspect we will get two or three players max in trades. It could be a good draft to have later picks and take a punt there.

I think Clohesy with one of our picks in the 40s would be a good get. Osca Riccardi with last pick, if nothing better available.
Happy to have a wager on absolutely anything if Riccardi is still available with our last pick we will wait and get him as a rookie.
Have past proof of us doing that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind Bailey Scott. Looks a durable and hard running outside type. Those players are very handy, we saw what Isaac Smith brought to our team, something we clearly lacked over the last 10 years tbh. I have my doubts we will land him, or it's a true rumour. It could be some false journalism designed to give him a pay rise, eg his player manager talking smack to drive his price up at the negotiation table?

I have also “heard” (for what it is worth) that hopper is as close to a certainty as a trade can be (ie. both parties very keen so it usually happens). Does that make it challenging for Stephens into his last year on contract? I know we lose Selwood but I think Cooper might struggle again to get matches without lots of injuries and reckon he will get frustrated…

Geelong‘s interest in JDG was strong (replacement for Danger) but has waned significantly (at the same time as Collingwood negativity also turning around) so I can’t see it happening at all.

Cat’s love Celglar and his “brutality” at the ball. I reckon they think that keeps enough pressure on Stanley next year and they don’t need another ruckman - issues of course is 2024 in terms of any gap between Stanley/cegs and Toby coming on….but reckon they can deal with that then?

Yeah as I said, it’s not the interest from Geelong’s side with JDG, it’s the fact McRae loves JDG. And the opposite end of the spectrum is how much he dislikes Grundy. If Grundy is cheap and the deal works with the salary and perhaps getting Henry in. I think having ruck depth won’t be a worry.

AFL Trade Rumours, Draft & Offseason News

Link: dsoetpSonralh9tu4lh13utl72l0g273g181i60074lg1m0ufc67g54l6tg7 ·

Ollie Henry remains uncontracted beyond this year.
Collingwood have put a deal on the table for the exciting young forward.
However, according to sources, his management are continuing to push for a more lucrative offer that includes significantly more money than what the Magpies are offering. To this point, Collingwood have not budged on their initial offer.
Highly unlikely he is traded imho. Pies will be able to offer him more once they salary dump Grundy. I think Grundy is gone for sure.

I dont think Scotts a bad recruit for how cheap we would likely get him, only 22 and has played virtually every position on the ground at some point so far in his career (not sure why people seem to be pigeonholing him as only an outside player as he started as a forward and played midfield as a junior), handy squad player at bare minimum whose best footy should be ahead of him for not much expense.

On all that its good news..i did mention a while ago from a good source that pies FD is desperate to keep him but a couple of well placed board members want him gone..how that power struggle works out will depend if he stays.

I would love logue as we need a kpd but i cant see him leaving freo or choosing us if he goes.

Unlike others i would like grundy and i think we are a better fit for melb. I dont see the same positional fit for henry and i think he will stay at coll but its late in the year to not be signed.

I would be happy with bruhn and hopper if we dont overpay.

I’m told Hopper has already had an exit interview and told them he wants out. Manager will only deal with Geelong.

Doesn’t guarantee deal gets done but I think it sets the scene for what’s likely to happen.

It means he will request geelong and we will try to get him done. But as hes a pre agent gws hold the cards. If they ask for 2 R1s and wont compromise we will likely say no and its 'cya in 12months'

I dont think Scotts a bad recruit for how cheap we would likely get him, only 22 and has played virtually every position on the ground at some point so far in his career (not sure why people seem to be pigeonholing him as only an outside player as he started as a forward and played midfield as a junior), handy squad player at bare minimum whose best footy should be ahead of him for not much expense.

I dont mind him and considering norths poor development hes done well. For a later pick i think hes value. But i dont see the same positional need for him compared to rucks inside mid kpd etc so id put him lower on our priority list than hopper grundy etc.

No, Stephens stays

Its up to Stephens IMO. If he gets frustrated and wants to look elsewhere for opportunities all power to him. Hasn't shown enough to make retaining him a priority. (whereas I think we really want to keep Neale).

I think more ruck depth would be good, Blitz/Cegs/Stanley will all be 32/33 next year, and durability is going to become more of an issue, So I can see why we are looking at options there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back