Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When was the last time Grundy was quality?

Collingwood are looking to get rid of him and are happy to pay him to play for someone else. Let that sink in for a second.

The anzac day game this year he was close to BOG. The problem is he has been injured ever since that game.

Terrible way too harsh. He’s played 7 games, in one of which he got I injured in first half, so 6 games for three goals.
The problem is
I agree he hasn’t knocked the lights out by any stretch but way to early to write someone off.
The problem is we will need list spots so will be cutting fringe players so unfortunately he is in the gun.

My argument is:
  • he used to be good, there is no evidence that he is still good
  • why would we help Collingwood solve a problem? If they want to get rid of him then make them pay more of the contract, otherwise let him be someone else’s problem
  • I fear that the game has passed him by and I do not want him on our books for 5 years. 5 years is a hell of a long time.
Crazy talk he is a jet and if we can get him we will be a better side, simple…

What do you expect, it's what they do best around this time. And yes, there's plenty more names Worpel, Meek, Tom De Koning, etc. along with any Geelong Falcons player at another club. Maybe Parish needs to be added to the list.

As for Taranto media rumours are Tigers have him locked in and Goldstein wants to be a one club player and will stay at the Roos.

I'd be very surprised if DeGoey and Grundy land at the Cats. I'm not a fan of Hooper but think he'll stay at GWS and make a decision the following year.
Seriously have you spoken to them?

Not sure what's confusing there? Thought that's how trading works. Players leaving and where to get reported on late in season and then it all happens in October.

Was interested in where you think we need to focus on.

It "seemed" that we were going to get Frawley a few years ago.
How did that work out?

It "seemed" that we were going to get Frawley a few years ago.
How did that work out?
Well. 12 months later we got Henderson.

Wheeler dealers at the trade table is who we are. I’ve embraced it.

Not going to turn down someone wanting to come here in the hope Dempsey, Knevitt come good.

Crazy talk he is a jet and if we can get him we will be a better side, simple…
What is your evidence that he is still a “jet”?

His form in the last 2 years has been ordinary, he has hardly played this year due to injury and he is currently sidelined with a stress fracture of the ankle. He will start next season as a 29 year with a lot of miles on the clock.

That is not the profile of player to take a 5 year punt on.

The anzac day game this year he was close to BOG. The problem is he has been injured ever since that game.
His form over the last 2 years has been very patchy.

The ankle stress fracture is a massive concern. His game is predicated on covering loads of ground and being an extra midfielder in the ruck. Without mobility he is really ordinary.

I have a bad feeling that his mobility is shot given his age, significant injuries and simply the number of games he has played in the most physically demanding position on the field. If anyone would know this it would be Collingwood, and it seems that they are desperate to get rid of him with only Cameron and cox to replace him.

For context, Stanley and ceglar are a better ruck duo than Cameron and cox.

Bringing in this profile of player on a 5 year deal is exactly the type of risk that well run clubs don’t take.

Let the crap clubs like st kilda take on these types of risks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Left field thought, any chance the un-named small forward Port are after coincides with Ollie Henry arriving?

Probably not, just trying to make some sense of it. Close isn't going, neither is Stengle (even if they did we wouldn't let them) Miers is a Geelong boy, Parfitt and Narkle are midfielders with Parf already signed and Narkle likely to be delisted. Williams and Evans? Really?

I’m told Hopper has already had an exit interview and told them he wants out. Manager will only deal with Geelong.

Doesn’t guarantee deal gets done but I think it sets the scene for what’s likely to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Well on form GWS will announce that one in the days before the GF

Left field thought, any chance the un-named small forward Port are after coincides with Ollie Henry arriving?

Probably not, just trying to make some sense of it. Close isn't going, neither is Stengle (even if they did we wouldn't let them) Miers is a Geelong boy, Parfitt and Narkle are midfielders with Parf already signed and Narkle likely to be delisted. Williams and Evans? Really?
Evans probably plugs and plays that Robbie Gray role for them

The ankle stress fracture is a massive concern. His game is predicated on covering loads of ground and being an extra midfielder in the ruck. Without mobility he is really ordinary.

I have a bad feeling that his mobility is shot given his age, significant injuries and simply the number of games he has played in the most physically demanding position on the field. If anyone would know this it would be Collingwood, and it seems that they are desperate to get rid of him with only Cameron and cox to replace him.

For context, Stanley and ceglar are a better ruck duo than Cameron and cox.

Bringing in this profile of player on a 5 year deal is exactly the type of risk that well run clubs don’t take.

Let the crap clubs like st kilda take on these types of risks.
Why TF did they sign him for 7 years?

You are being pretty rough on Grundy.

2021 stats for ruckman he was rated.

Disposals: ELITE
Marks: ABOVE AVE
Tackles: ELITE
Clearances: ABOVE AVE
Kicks: ELITE
Handballs: ELITE
Hitouts: ELITE
Hits to advantage: ELITE

He was still above ave/elite in most categories even this year when he played.

Stanley has never even been close to this level.

I'm still not really for getting Grundy though as I think we can make do with what we have and put that $$$ into other areas of the ground.

But I just feel that you are being overly harsh on what Grundy has been able to do... What he can do in the future is the unknown though.

Hopper gets done. I’m fairly confident of that.

Def won’t be losing Sten, Close or Gryan…

It’ll be of the other small forwards for sure
The way that we don't hear any noise around GWS requiring Hopper, fighting the keep him and him being a contracted required player already makes me feel like behind the scenes it's basically been agreed upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back