Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

part of me think should we just save our bullets and just be medicore next year or two and aim for 2026 onwards. which means targeting players that are younger than what we have been. problem with that is our highest paid player is jeremy cameron who is in win now mode.
Yeah man, I'm sick of us bringing in broken down old blokes like Bruhn, Holmes, Clark, O'Sullivan, Bowes, Knevitt, Conway, & Henry.

We haven't brought in old guys since 2020, which the was last roll of the dice with that group. It's been a clear shift to youth ever since.

We wouldn't be changing anything to do what you're suggesting, it would just be a continuation of what we're already doing.

So of course Kane has weighed in on the Stengle negotiations, saying his loyalty should be to Geelong, since we gave him his break. Would suggest Tyson can mainly look to his own endeavours for making success happen, just as Kelly did, albeit a different set of issues.

The dollar probably still rules, but STK have very little future, and Lyon is a poor fit for Tyson - the Betts have his welfare at heart and would know a few stories. If I do, they certainly do. Essendon making noises, maybe the Scotts should fight it out over the family roast.

Yeah man, I'm sick of us bringing in broken down old blokes like Bruhn, Holmes, Clark, O'Sullivan, Bowes, Knevitt, Conway, & Henry.

We haven't brought in old guys since 2020, which the was last roll of the dice with that group. It's been a clear shift to youth ever since.

We wouldn't be changing anything to do what you're suggesting, it would just be a continuation of what we're already doing.

not sure what you mean about old guys, if you mean established players, then we definitely asked the question to jordan degoey and brodie grundy, both knocked us back.

Heard last night that Mason WOOD looking for a 3 year deal.
Ideal mature player to replace some mature players like Hawk, Tuohy, Duncan, Rohan & Stanley who likely won't be in the locker room in 2025.
A 30 year old Free Agent who is a real utility type player.
Would be an ideal winger for us IMO.
He'd have 2 decent years in him whilst we go through our transition is my thinking.

Last edited:
I rarely get info these days.
And this is not from some dude at a pub.

But we are into Mason Wood.

I rarely get info these days.
And this is not from some dude at a pub.

But we are into Mason Wood.
Funny that.
As i had the pleasure of hearing the same thing just last night at dinner.
Source was very reliable.
Posted just before what he wants and there are a few suitors at 2 years.
Wants 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny that.
As i had the pleasure of hearing the same thing just last night at dinner.
Source was very reliable.
Posted just before what he wants and there are a few suitors at 2 years.
Wants 3.
Only just saw your post.
My info came direct. As in from someone who was with him in the last two weeks and has known him since birth.

And the comment was, might be at Geelong next year.
So who knows. But we are interested.

And he will get through 5 years easy. His dad was a late developer.

Ideal mature player to replace some mature players like Hawk, Tuohy, Duncan, Rohan & Stanley who likely won't be in the locker room in 2025.
He'd have 2 decent years in him whilst we go through our transition is my thinking.
Decent enough Touhy replacement for couple years.

Can just throw him anywhere, and he'd be an upgrade on Zach on current form.

I knew we'd do this, we're going to need a couple of mature heads to keep the ship steady before the youngsters can take over completely.

Only just saw your post.
My info came direct. As in from someone who was with him in the last two weeks and has known him since birth.

And the comment was, might be at Geelong next year.
So who knows. But we are interested.

And he will get through 5 years easy. His dad was a late developer.
Always felt he was a player who could look better in a good side.

Shown glimpses, but when you're playing for Norf and then playing RossBall™ it's hard to look like a gun.

He'll never be a star, but could get us from point A to point B for a couple years ala Ricky Henderson at Hawthorn.

Always felt he was a player who could look better in a good side.

Shown glimpses, but when you're playing for Norf and then playing RossBall it's hard to look like a gun.

He'll never be a star, but could get us from point A to point B for a couple years ala Ricky Henderson at Hawthorn.

Forgot about Henderson. Was actually very good for hawthorn for a while there.

Not opposed to Wood. Decent enough player, but doesn’t really fill a positional need. An equivalently good inside mid would probably be better. But beggars can’t be choosers sometimes.

Pretty sure Mason Wood hasn't yet had two decent years

I don't quite know how I feel about wood. Wing is a good position to bring kids through. Are we just clogging a pathway without solving the problem?
It's just another senior body.

He's not the answer to anything. He's not going to be the driver of a premiership push...but he can play a role for a couple years while somebody else develops.

Rohan, Duncan, Hawkins, Stanley, Bews, Touhy, & Hardie are all odds on to be gone at the end of this year.

Guth & Blitz will stay, but are a shadow of their former selves. Danger isn't, but can't stay on the park.

Leaves only Stewart & Cameron as experienced players who have seen it all, and are non negotiable best 22.

It's just another senior body.

He's not the answer to anything. He's not going to be the driver of a premiership push...but he can play a role for a couple years while somebody else develops.

Rohan, Duncan, Hawkins, Stanley, Bews, Touhy, & Hardie are all odds on to be gone at the end of this year.

Guth & Blitz will stay, but are a shadow of their former selves. Danger isn't, but can't stay on the park.

Leaves only Stewart & Cameron as experienced players who have seen it all, and are non negotiable best 22.
I would have a problem with it if he was guaranteed games though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back