Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

With how we are declining i would really be against using our future first...
The ship can turn around very quickly I still believe we have a good core of kids for the future just need the time and size to compete

Last edited:
Next year's first would be pretty bold
Agreed. While I hope it turns around, the trajectory we're currently on would suggest that next year's first would be more valuable than this year's; trading it away would be an absolute Richmond-grade move.

Harley Reid being discussed as at least 1.5 million a year for 5 - 6 years.

Some say as high as 2 million.

If people want to chase Oliver.... throw that money and then some at Reid.

It will still never happen but Reid is 10x more stable than Oliver.

Go Catters

Go Catters

No point until he's out of contract.

Go Catters
Oliver being the less stable of the 2 is the exact reason why we have a chance at landing him.
We have no draft capital to get the Reid trade done, regardless if he says he wants to come here.
I just don’t see what we can offer him

Best way to get Harley Reid for nothing.

Wooden spoon in 2026.

First pick in the all drafts.

A painful way to get a SUPERSTAR for SFA.

Now let's leave LaLaLand and into the real world boys.

Who's gettable??

Bailey Smith
Josh Battle
Conner Nash
Liam Duggan

Anyone talking about Reid going to a vic club either here or in the media need to stop, he has another 2 years at WC minimum, who knows what happens in that time, could do a knee or anything, he could also end up staying at West Coast, people seem to think he is unhappy well after 3 years he might be settled and want to stay. Its honestly a pointless discussion.

Oliver being the less stable of the 2 is the exact reason why we have a chance at landing him.
We have no draft capital to get the Reid trade done, regardless if he says he wants to come here.
I just don’t see what we can offer him
Country boy. Bring the boy home™️

Wooden spoon in 2026.

Who's gettable??

Bailey Smith
Josh Battle
Conner Nash
Liam Duggan
The Nash one interests me because apparently we offered him a contract. He's apparently not taking it but if we did then it's a sign they think Stengle is staying because we'd dilute the FA compo.

The Nash one interests me because apparently we offered him a contract. He's apparently not taking it but if we did then it's a sign they think Stengle is staying because we'd dilute the FA compo.
Heard pretty much the same.
Our interest is high not just based on his ability but building up a stable of irishman might have a bit 2 do with it going forward. Heard a whisper is we are about to have another dabble in the land of Saint Paddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wooden spoon in 2026.

Who's gettable??

Bailey Smith
Josh Battle
Conner Nash
Liam Duggan
Smith for Stengle compo + taking our own pick to the draft is the only scenario I'd have any confidence in.

Clarry wouldn't surprise me, but I'd say Scott & Mack would be getting more concerned by the week, and we'd only do it if he cost SFA trade wise, or even better if it was Bowes deal esque.

I don't think we'll be going after any other names than those two personally, outside of names at the draft.

Smith for Stengle compo + taking our own pick to the draft is the only scenario I'd have any confidence in.

Clarry wouldn't surprise me, but I'd say Scott & Mack would be getting more concerned by the week, and we'd only do it if he cost SFA trade wise, or even better if it was Bowes deal esque.

I don't think we'll be going after any other names than those two personally, outside of names at the draft.
Smith for our own first pick, keep Stengle and don't bother with the top end of the draft would be my plan A

Anyone talking about Reid going to a vic club either here or in the media need to stop, he has another 2 years at WC minimum, who knows what happens in that time, could do a knee or anything, he could also end up staying at West Coast, people seem to think he is unhappy well after 3 years he might be settled and want to stay. Its honestly a pointless discussion.

yes, but the club need to start doing some groundwork on it, ala jermemy cameron and patrick dangerfield. gauge his interest in a vic return, etc

takes years of work to catch a big fish, in reid case the biggest of them all.

There are talented young players who are still unsigned for next year and could likely be nabbed without giving up a first rounder if we convince them their future is with us.

Bailey Scott, Nik Cox, Seth Campbell and Sam Clohesy are examples that could be interesting.

There are talented young players who are still unsigned for next year and could likely be nabbed without giving up a first rounder if we convince them their future is with us.

Bailey Scott, Nik Cox, Seth Campbell and Sam Clohesy are examples that could be interesting.
scott look not very good everytime i see him play, clohesy i dont mind, not seen much the other two.

the way we going we could end up with a pick 5 and depend how nicely the AFL treat us, we may get a pick 6 for stengle with his fat contract.

what we do with the two picks will see what direction we be going, recruit or draft.
To get pick 5 we'd need to lose every game and have a couple of bottom 4 teams pull some against the odds wins.

The compo pick is most likely in the teens

scott look not very good everytime i see him play, clohesy i dont mind, not seen much the other two.

Scott's finished 3rd in the North B&F each of the past 2 years. Yes they're a bad team but he's a solid player and hasn't turned 24 yet.

Seth Campbell looks the best of the Richmond kids which to be fair isn't saying much but he shows real talent.

Nik Cox is a fascinating one. Could be anything but struggling to find his spot at senior level.

Clohesy has stepped straight into AFL footy well. Not sure if the upside though.

I think if you can convince any of them to walk to us then a 2nd or future 2nd likely gets it done. I'd do that happily for any of them.

Probably not a popular opinion but if we manage to keep Stengle, would there be any value in seeing if Brad Close (contracted) would be open to exploring his options elsewhere? I love him at his best but he's been down and possibly could assist trading in a higher priority

Remove this Banner Ad

Back