Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All eggs in the Conway basket is a bad idea.

We need competitive, competent afl players in prime age. That is Marshall described perfectly.

Conway and Marshall aren’t one dimensional plodders. They could definitely play in the same team.

And Conway hasn’t exactly proven that he can stand up to the physical rigours of afl footy.

Marshall would instantly make our team and list better. Stronger physically and more up for a stoush.

I agree because 2 no1 rucks wont work for us but marshall is good around the ground and will be a threat up forward.
He wins clearances and we need that.

But hes said hes staying at st kilda so its irrelevant.

All eggs in the Conway basket is a bad idea.

We need competitive, competent afl players in prime age. That is Marshall described perfectly.

Conway and Marshall aren’t one dimensional plodders. They could definitely play in the same team.

And Conway hasn’t exactly proven that he can stand up to the physical rigours of afl footy.

Marshall would instantly make our team and list better. Stronger physically and more up for a stoush.
Agree 100% on not putting all our eggs in Conway... But I fully disagree in Marshall..
Will cost us way to much in draft picks and isn't worth it.. Rather go for Ladhams or a Reidy that can still push Conway spot, and even have to play a half or more of a season...
We still have Edward coming through, which will take year or 2..
Rather use our picks elsewhere. As Marshall would cost us 2 x 1st round picks, and we're not in the place to afford that

It’ll be an insanely good offseason if we:

1. Have locked up Holmes on a cap friendly deal ✅
2. Have locked up Stengle on great cap friendly deal ✅
3. Add Bailey Smith ⏳
4. Experience the Lawson Humphries Doritos Express every week going forward CatToTheFuture

IMG_0453.jpeg

Trust in Wells/Mack 🙏

3. Add Bailey Smith ⏳
4. Experience the Lawson Humphries Doritos Express every week going forward CatToTheFuture

View attachment 2034410

Trust in Wells/Mack 🙏

I think now the train has departed it's probably apt to rename the doritos express.

It was a special service run for early bandwagoners hitching their cars to Lawson. Now I think that the train service for Lawson fans will be a regular service that carries all Geelong fans.

As such I think from here on we should call him V/Line

Just remembering a post someone made that stated every premiership team has role players.. Then i thought to myself... Who the heck were our 07-11 role players?? Then i realised we had a couple... But what probably made them a little different is they all had one elite trait as players which still had them largely contributing.

Josh hunt- one of the best kicks in the AFL. Could hit a penny 70m away.

Wojo- lightning quick.. Sonic the hedgehog...

After those two its hard to actually call anyone from that team a role player...

That Hawks 12-15 side had a lot of role players who were elite left footers.

Any role player we do go after, you want them to have at least an elite quality they bring to the table.

3. Add Bailey Smith ⏳

View attachment 2034410

Trust in Wells/Mack 🙏
Stengle has signed. Will be announced this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just remembering a post someone made that stated every premiership team has role players.. Then i thought to myself... Who the heck were our 07-11 role players?? Then i realised we had a couple... But what probably made them a little different is they all had one elite trait as players which still had them largely contributing.

Josh hunt- one of the best kicks in the AFL. Could hit a penny 70m away.

Wojo- lightning quick.. Sonic the hedgehog...

After those two its hard to actually call anyone from that team a role player...

That Hawks 12-15 side had a lot of role players who were elite left footers.

Any role player we do go after, you want them to have at least an elite quality they bring to the table.

Tom Harley (by that stage)
King (by that stage)/Blake/West
Rooke
Byrnes
Varcoe

You have the rose coloured glasses on a little bit there

CATS TY DOWN STENGLE IN COUP

Geelong premiership goal- kicker Tyson Stengle will stay with the Cats after turning down significant interest from St Kilda.

Stengle has told both clubs he will remain in blue and white, helping repay the Cats for reviving his AFL career.

St Kilda this year showed major interest in Stengle, 25, in a bid to lure him to Moorabbin as a free agent for next season. The Saints are on the hunt to bolster their forward stocks and goalkicking power for next season.

But Stengle, who has previously played at Richmond and Adelaide before reigniting his career in brilliant fashion at Geelong in 2022, has decided to re-sign with the Cats.

St Kilda offered as much as $800,000 a season to land the All-Australian and premiership livewire. But the Cats secured their man in a coup on a deal worth about $700,000 over at least four seasons.

It is a significant win for new football boss Andrew Mackie who has kept Stengle, Sam De Koning and Max Holmes despite rival interest.

Geelong is in the box seat to land the Western Bulldogs’ Bailey Smith in this year’s trade period as the club looks to bolster its midfield stocks.

CATS TY DOWN STENGLE IN COUP

Geelong premiership goal- kicker Tyson Stengle will stay with the Cats after turning down significant interest from St Kilda.

Stengle has told both clubs he will remain in blue and white, helping repay the Cats for reviving his AFL career.

St Kilda this year showed major interest in Stengle, 25, in a bid to lure him to Moorabbin as a free agent for next season. The Saints are on the hunt to bolster their forward stocks and goalkicking power for next season.

But Stengle, who has previously played at Richmond and Adelaide before reigniting his career in brilliant fashion at Geelong in 2022, has decided to re-sign with the Cats.

St Kilda offered as much as $800,000 a season to land the All-Australian and premiership livewire. But the Cats secured their man in a coup on a deal worth about $700,000 over at least four seasons.

It is a significant win for new football boss Andrew Mackie who has kept Stengle, Sam De Koning and Max Holmes despite rival interest.

Geelong is in the box seat to land the Western Bulldogs’ Bailey Smith in this year’s trade period as the club looks to bolster its midfield stocks.

I cannot wait to tell my kid this news.

She's down in Melbourne atm, went to her 1st ever AFL game last night, and she'd more or less resigned herself that it would be the 1st and last time that she'd see her favourite player, Tyson Stengle, in action - because her Dad is a miserable pessimist and had insisted on thoroughly preparing her for the harsh realities of footy.

She will be absolutely thrilled and can still proudly wear her #18 jumper without any bittersweet emotions complicating things.

I am chuffed; he is a wonderful player and so, so enjoyable to watch play.

More likely than hawks or pies?? I havent been ontop of it all

Pies are out due to lack of picks and other list priorities.

Hawthorn are pushing hard (mitchell is a massive fan) but my understanding is geelong is smith's preference unless hawthorn offer well over the odds contract wise (see jacob hopper 2022).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back