Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be stupid.
Even if thats the long term outcome we need to play him to keep his trade value up.
And mannagh is a midfielder which last time i checked we are fairly short on.
He can come in for clark or a range of other players.
Is he though? Everything I've seen of him (at Geelong and prior) shows he's more a mid/forward that (at most) dabbles in the midfield, perhaps in the vein of Papley.
So if we were going to draw from our VFL pool to solely fit a mid role, I'm not sure he'd be at the top of the list.

Is he though? Everything I've seen of him (at Geelong and prior) shows he's more a mid/forward that (at most) dabbles in the midfield, perhaps in the vein of Papley.
So if we were going to draw from our VFL pool to solely fit a mid role, I'm not sure he'd be at the top of the list.

Everywhere hes played up until now hes been a midfielder. Im not sure why people suddenly think hes a small forward goalsneak like stengle. Its like they havent actually watched him play.

Everywhere hes played up until now hes been a midfielder. Im not sure why people suddenly think hes a small forward goalsneak like stengle. Its like they havent actually watched him play.
In all honesty I've only seen snippets of his time pre Geelong, but nonetheless the prevailing description of him in this time (as far as I can tell) is forward/mid. That is a mid-size forward (although he is only 178cm), who spends some time in the midfield.

The case for saying he's made his name solely as a midfielder, is difficult to make in my estimation. And thus for him to come into the AFL side in that role would be unlikely given we have a few names ahead of him who are exactly that; midfielders.

Never said he was Stengle like, but then neither is he Bruhn. There a gradations between mid and forward. And from what I've seen he is more comfortable in the latter. And I feel that's how the club see him as well.

So in that context he suddenly is competing for a spot against guys like Close, Myers and Dempsey (who also blur the line between mid and forward) etc... It was never realistic for him to come in as a replacement for Bruhn, for example.

Big difference between midfield at VFL level and being able to do it in senior footy, Mannagh is a very light frame some of the talk about his capacity is a little ridiculous.

Just because he’s always played mid doesn’t mean that’s his afl position
In his limited afl minutes he looked perfect for the high hf role swooping back.
AFL and VFL are different beasts we all know that

Foster hasn’t found any alliances at the club. The older players are insular and stand offish with young players. You can see why the young players haven’t had a look in. Foster will return to SANFL. He’s been played out of position for 2 seasons. Waste of talent. He’s gone. Shannon Neale is the golden boy. Even though he has barely kicked a bag ever.

What position should be have been playing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because he’s always played mid doesn’t mean that’s his afl position
In his limited afl minutes he looked perfect for the high hf role swooping back.
AFL and VFL are different beasts we all know that

Spot on, just because you play a role at VFL level does not mean you automatically play that role at Senior level.
When talking about Knevitt, Scotty and co said they wanted to see him play a specific role this year.

If Jpod was a role player then Danger is just a good honest battler
Give me a spell
Pods was a great story, and was an important player for us, but let’s not rewrite history here.

He was a good role player. That isn’t an insult, it’s the truth.

Danger at times in his career has been the clear cut best player in the game. 8 ( from memory) time AA. Lay off the crackpipe.

Pods was a great story, and was an important player for us, but let’s not rewrite history here.

Danger at times in his career has been the clear cut best player in the game. 8 ( from memory) time AA. Lay off the crackpipe.
No your labelling Jpod as a role player is as absurd as labelling Danger a battler
I'm not saying Jpod is Danger

Read some tripe scrolling these pages..

Whisper on the Dogs board from a couple of their ITK's that Riley Garcia toured our facilities over the last couple of weeks.

Not exactly a name that will get you salivating, but FWIW I've been impressed with him in my limited viewing. Has some leg speed and can find the footy.

OOC this year, and yet another one that Bevo refuses to play consistently.

Could be worth a look for a token pick, particularly with how many players we're going to be turning over in a few months time.

Whisper on the Dogs board from a couple of their ITK's that Riley Garcia toured our facilities over the last couple of weeks.

Not exactly a name that will get you salivating, but FWIW I've been impressed with him in my limited viewing. Has some leg speed and can find the footy.

Could be worth a look for a token pick, particularly with how many players we're going to be turning over in a few months time.
I have very much liked what I've seen of Garcia. Surprised at the rumour

If they let him go without a fight with smith going then power is worse than i thought.

Podsiadly won our goal kicking award in a Premiership year and was top 3 every other year with us, that qualifies him as higher than a role player.

Role players are usually limited to one specific task. Podsiadly at times was up the field at CHF and as a deep forward.

Around that time a Taylor Hunt or Trent West were role players.

If they let him go without a fight with smith going then power is worse than i thought.
OOC, in and out of the best 22, and played 27 games in 5 years (admittedly with injuries impacting).

If he wants us and we want him, they don't really have a choice if they want to put up a fight or not. Different situation if he was contracted.

3rd round pick should get it done, or he's linked in as steaknives in the Smith deal.

23, has pace, this year in limited game time is averaging 17 disposals, 5 goals/5 behinds/4 goal assists from 8 matches, one of which he was subbed off. If he comes for steak knives in the Smith deal I wouldn't complain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back