Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I’m going to get mocked for this one but I’m hearing we are planning on how to get Harley Reid in at the end of his contract. High belief he won’t re-sign and he will elect us as his club of choice. Same source as the Bailey Smith news and lots of correct news in the past. I know this a long way out but I can’t explain the anticipation I have for this now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I've had the feeling we will go for him, so what you are saying makes sense.

I know I’m going to get mocked for this one but I’m hearing we are planning on how to get Harley Reid in at the end of his contract. High belief he won’t re-sign and he will elect us as his club of choice. Same source as the Bailey Smith news and lots of correct news in the past. I know this a long way out but I can’t explain the anticipation I have for this now.

Have heard similar.

He is well and truly the best at what he does... Ita no coincidence they rose up once he arrived.

Personally i think voss is just an average coach with an extremely talented list.

But cook is exceptional.

We have his equal though in hocking
I think Vossy is a good coach, listening to players and management. Not always is an elite player a great coach, but if they win it this year ( my pick at present), he will have that title as well, premiership coach.

only way i can see is his contract is up end of 2026. we have bottomed out by then to have early picks to trade to WC. not sure i like the bottoming out for pick 1 or 2 part.

100% this will happen

only way i can see is his contract is up end of 2026. we have bottomed out by then to have early picks to trade to WC. not sure i like the bottoming out for pick 1 or 2 part.
Once Reid nominates his preferred destination, then unfortunately WC’s hands are tied somewhat. They’ll have to squeeze out the best deal they can. All the power is with the player.

great news and im all about planning for the future but I have literally no idea how we could accumulate enough picks to make the deal.

That said, we did 3 x Rd 1 for Jezza so we've done it before

GO Catters

great news and im all about planning for the future but I have literally no idea how we could accumulate enough picks to make the deal.

GO Catters

we got lucky we had those extra picks for cameron. Ironically was from WC which set them back few years with their rebuild. you'd think they want some payback.

Another complication will be Tassie - "bottom picks" for other teams will probably be in double digits at best. And as you said, WC will want their pound of flesh after the Kelly trade (not to mention Reid's sky-high value).

GO Catters

I wonder if we took Mitch Edwards in preparation to throw him in for a Reid package. Would need to get games into him and hope he looks like a star young ruck though

Another complication will be Tassie - "bottom picks" for other teams will probably be in double digits at best. And as you said, WC will want their pound of flesh after the Kelly trade (not to mention Reid's sky-high value).
is just going to be way too hard. better off hoping the AFL change the free agent rule to bring down the restricted/unrestriced years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we got lucky we had those extra picks for cameron. Ironically was from WC which set them back few years with their rebuild. you'd think they want some payback.
yeah i can see the request for 17 Rd1 picks already being drawn up lol

GO Catters

Slightly different with Jez.

GWS had matched our bid and he was staying if no deal was done.

Reid still can leave if no deal is done and WC can still lose not only the player but also what was being offered for the player.

With future trading etc... I have no worries that if Reid really wanted to get to us when he is OOC that he would.

We just gotta hope he wants us <<< that is 99% of it for mine.

Still so much water to go under the bridge but if he hasn't re-signed by the end of next year, I might start to get a little excited.

We may well be keen on Reid (who isn't?), but he also doesn't come out of contract until the end of 2026. There's a lot of water to go under the bridge between now and then.

I think Vossy is a good coach, listening to players and management. Not always is an elite player a great coach, but if they win it this year ( my pick at present), he will have that title as well, premiership coach.
Do you put him on the same shelf as someone like scotty or clarkson?? I personally dont. I think alot of coaches would achieve similar with his list. They have a very elite top dozen players

Jokes on them, the insurance payout and no doubt additional government dollars will build us a bigger one. We'll build it bigger than the MCG and host home grand finals
Given how elite we are with rookie and late selections i would back us in to win a flag with still handing over the farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back