Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Reid the opposition supporters will burn down KP
Nah we'll be fine, most of them wouldn't know where to find it, complain it's too far to travel, not enough places to start their fire and the AFL would just let them do it at the MCG instead.

Last edited:
It'll be the comeback story of millennia. Flag win at the newly restored KP on the backs of the taxes paid by the people who burned it down.
The arrogance of people saying geelong should move all games to melbourne.

If teams want they can build their own regional stadiums and grow with the erea and community for 100+ years.

Ballarat or bendigo is calling

I know I’m going to get mocked for this one but I’m hearing we are planning on how to get Harley Reid in at the end of his contract. High belief he won’t re-sign and he will elect us as his club of choice. Same source as the Bailey Smith news and lots of correct news in the past. I know this a long way out but I can’t explain the anticipation I have for this now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Finally! The Mystery Mid appears!

great news and im all about planning for the future but I have literally no idea how we could accumulate enough picks to make the deal.

That said, we did 3 x Rd 1 for Jezza so we've done it before

GO Catters

Don't want to call it early, but maybe Humphries goes back west?

Edit: oh I see it's been mentioned. Maybe we can send Mitch Duncan then? 😏

AFL CONSIDERS EXPANDED FUTURE TRADING

“Since 2015, clubs have been able to trade one year in advance with a series of guardrails in place. However, the AFL is now considering allowing teams to trade picks two or three years from the time of the deal, with the potential to bring in the change to this off-season.”

This news is super important for us in targeting Reid. And there will be an uproar when this comes in and benefits our play for Reid. There aren’t too many players out there who you can justify 3xFRs for with nothing coming back and consider it a win. But Reid is one of them. It’s going to unlock many deals like this once it comes through, which for mine is a good thing. As it allows rebuilding clubs to truly recoup on a player’s value instead of being cucked to the nominated team’s draft hand, since player for player trades have become increasingly rare and difficult. I know there’s a long way to go and a lot of water under the bridge but the way this Reid news was presented to me is that he has verbally made it clear Geelong is where he wants to come.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don't want to call it early, but maybe Humphries goes back west?

Edit: oh I see it's been mentioned. Maybe we can send Mitch Duncan then? 😏
Humphries will be a very good player. I wouldn't want to lose him. But for Harley Reid, in a mega trade, sure why not. Humphries at the trade table will be worth a first round pick by the end of next season...

great news and im all about planning for the future but I have literally no idea how we could accumulate enough picks to make the deal.

That said, we did 3 x Rd 1 for Jezza so we've done it before

GO Catters
THREE FIRST ROUNDERS!!!!!*

* the highest of which was pick 13 and we also got 2 second rounders back

The greatest deal of all time, he was an RFA at the time.

WC will hold far more leverage with Reid, but if he says he wants to come we will find a way to make it happening.

It would be our third generational deal (after Danger and Cameron). The first 2 were 5 years apart. We are almost due for our next one. I have no doubt it is part of the Geelong plan - get the one generational fish every 5-7 years and build around them.

I wonder if we took Mitch Edwards in preparation to throw him in for a Reid package. Would need to get games into him and hope he looks like a star young ruck though
100% thought this from the moment we took him, have it on good word that he's rated higher internally than Conway, they reckon he can absolutely be a star.

100% thought this from the moment we took him, have it on good word that he's rated higher internally than Conway, they reckon he can absolutely be a star.
Edwards, Humphries, Neale - all WA boys, and gonna be decent players... There is leverage for us to play with, along with draft picks ofc.

I am still waiting for Cameron Roberts to live up to his potential.

Good strategy though to pump up Edwards value. Very Mackie—like.

Mackie-avelian even

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it pretty hard to believe we've drafted blokes with the sole purpose of them being trade bait down the track, thats just not how clubs operate, especially one like ours thats trying to rejuvenate a list with as much talent as possible.
If I was told that Tim Kelly was taken from under WC's nose for this exact reason I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Reid is generational and Mack wouldn't be doing his due dilligence if he wasn't contemplating things like this well in advance.

If I was told that Tim Kelly was taken from under WC's nose for this exact reason I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Reid is generational and Mack wouldn't be doing his due dilligence if he wasn't contemplating things like this well in advance.

Just spitballing, but I think both could be true.

EG they draft talent from everywhere including WA with the thought that perhaps one of them might request a trade back home (or be open to it). If they don't, then no dramas, you've got talent, but if they do, then you've got options.

Maybe a crude hedging of sorts.

Do you put him on the same shelf as someone like scotty or clarkson?? I personally dont. I think alot of coaches would achieve similar with his list. They have a very elite top dozen players
CS excellent
Voss good
Clarko very good

THREE FIRST ROUNDERS!!!!!*

* the highest of which was pick 13 and we also got 2 second rounders back

The greatest deal of all time, he was an RFA at the time.

WC will hold far more leverage with Reid, but if he says he wants to come we will find a way to make it happening.

It would be our third generational deal (after Danger and Cameron). The first 2 were 5 years apart. We are almost due for our next one. I have no doubt it is part of the Geelong plan - get the one generational fish every 5-7 years and build around them.
Honestly after losing the greatest player arguably in the history of the game in his prime for picks 7 and 15.. The AFL world can go and shove any complaints up their arses

yeah i can see the request for 17 Rd1 picks already being drawn up lol

GO Catters
Geez he would make a difference wouldn't he? The melts!

Hungry Cat GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back