Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think COS will always be behind Caddy (assuming they both stay fit). Caddy just looks a natural forward, loves the contest and the moment. At the end of the day though it depends what the club thought our greatest need was a forward or a back? Perhaps we rated both boys the same and were happy to take either one. The other thing that comes into the equation is how well Mitch Edwards develops as we also got the pick that we took him with in the trade.

Caddy wasnt playing for us unless we took OH out (which is unlikely). Unless we thought we could develop nate as a midfielder it was the right call.

He's contracted for next season and Sydney's ruck stocks are threadbare after Grundy not so sure he's on the move or cheap.

He will try and force his way out hes not sitting behind grundy for 4 years.
Besides they have ok ruck stocks
Mclean can play a role there as can amartey
Mcandrew is ok mature age backup
They have young green who they drafted in the r1 last year

Id say they would be happy to offload ladhams contract to have more $ to try and keep warner.

Caddy wasnt playing for us unless we took OH out (which is unlikely). Unless we thought we could develop nate as a midfielder it was the right call.
I have serious doubts on caddy’s kicking.

To be fair, I was convinced miers wasn’t going to make it with his kicking style so what the hell would I know

Id say they would be happy to offload ladhams contract to have more $ to try and keep warner.
Are we talking about ladhams? Peter ladhams?

Why bother, you aren’t winning anything with that dude. Probably the most un-Geelong player going around

Are we talking about ladhams? Peter ladhams?

Why bother, you aren’t winning anything with that dude. Probably the most un-Geelong player going around

Which ruck do you think we will trade in?

Which ruck do you think we will trade in?
Unless we can get a player that we can actually rely on to be competitive in a big game (not a match winner, just competitive) then I would pass.

Having players on the list that you don’t actually want to play is a bad strategy, the list is too small for that.

So to answer your question: probably no-one

Unless we can get a player that we can actually rely on to be competitive in a big game (not a match winner, just competitive) then I would pass.

Having players on the list that you don’t actually want to play is a bad strategy, the list is too small for that.

So to answer your question: probably no-one

I hope not.
Conway is made of glass stanley will be gone and edwards needs 2 years in the gym.
You cant go in with just 34yo blitz and sdk next year.
So while im no ladhams fan the question is which ruck is gettable that is better? As we will have to trade one in.

I hope not.
Conway is made of glass stanley will be gone and edwards needs 2 years in the gym.
So while im no ladhams fan the question is which ruck is gettable that is better? As we will have to trade one in.
Just get a mature body lower league player to plug in for a few years I don’t see the need to spend stupid amount of draft capital or money on a experienced Ruck when there’s hardly any available anyway. just back in SDK and Blitz/conway next year

Just get a mature body lower league player to plug in for a few years I don’t see the need to spend stupid amount of draft capital or money on a experienced Ruck when there’s hardly any available anyway. just back in SDK and Blitz/conway next year

It doesnt have to be an expensive ruck. A lot of guys like meek sweet etc were cheapish trades. But we will need to cheap trade in someone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope not.
A lot will depend on Conway.

If you could count on him to play 10 games next year we don’t need anyone else.

Rookie state leaguer only please

Im ok with adding one as a rookie or SSP providing they are mature age and ready.
Ollie on both sides please 🙏

Interesting idea-henry is such a good finisher that moving him is a big call but i can see how it might work. Wing in our system requires a lot of running-i dont know if he has a good tank like dempsey?

A lot will depend on Conway.

If you could count on him to play 10 games next year we don’t need anyone else.

I get that but you cant count on him as hes not durable.
Next year is probably the last year we have danger so we need to make the most of it.
I wouldnt overspend on the ruck but id bring in a cheap mature ruck who can go now-one of these bryan/reidy/pittonet types or a mature age state leaguer.
You cant have blitz at 34 and sdk as the only real options next year it would be nuts (im assuming we will want neale as a kpf not a first ruck)

His got 1 year contract left , offer PL 2 year contract and give Swans a token pick, and that takes PL of swans book and Bob's your Auntie

Im ok with adding one as a rookie or SSP providing they are mature age and ready.

Interesting idea-henry is such a good finisher that moving him is a big call but i can see how it might work. Wing in our system requires a lot of running-i dont know if he has a good tank like dempsey?

Next year is probably the last year we have danger so we need to make the most of it.
I wouldnt overspend on the ruck but id bring in a cheap mature ruck who can go now-one of these bryan/reidy/pittonet types or a mature age state leaguer.
You cant have blitz at 34 and sdk as the only real options next year it would be nuts (im assuming we will want neale as a kpf not a first ruck)
If he has 80% of his brothers tank he'll be fine. I think it'll be a good way to get him involved more and he'll still push forward and hit the scoreboard.

Him and Dempsey on each side adds a great marking target with clean disposal and great vision. I expect Henry will know exactly where it needs to go inside 50.

Humphries and Holmes from the backline through the Ollie's is a lot of rebound and aggressive forward movement

Our saviour Bailey smith is coming in next year to take over from danger. Seamless transition

If you think Bryan/reidy/pittonet are going to be competent (ie. durable and competitive) then I agree.

But if they are just a warm body who gets a gig because they are over 200cm and 105kgs with no discernible ability then no thanks.

Pittonet I could get behind if we think he is not an injury risk. But who the hell knows.

If we are bringing someone in to fill a hole for a year or 2, then they are likely to be a massive potato and I would pass. If we are aiming higher than that then you need to accept that they are a longer term project and what does that mean for our current ruckmen?

Anyone we bring in that will actually help us will want to be an important player in the team for the next 3+ seasons and will be costly. I highly doubt that the competent short term player even exists.

The fact that we are talking about Peter ladhams shows the type of player we will get as a stopgap. Ie. crap

Basically what I am saying is:
  • Briggs/xerri type - sure, why not but it will be expensive and changes our medium term plans
  • orren Stephenson type - no thanks

Disagree.

There’s room in a future forwardline with neale Henry and caddy. Very dynamic and dangerous.

We hope COS shows something (as caddy has) and there is time but trying to justify the selection coz of OH is flawed

Disagree.

There’s room in a future forwardline with neale Henry and caddy. Very dynamic and dangerous.

We hope COS shows something (as caddy has) and there is time but trying to justify the selection coz of OH is flawed
We writing off another first year player are we? 🙄

Please, tell the the current player on our list who played well in year one?

If you think Bryan/reidy/pittonet are going to be competent (ie. durable and competitive) then I agree.

But if they are just a warm body who gets a gig because they are over 200cm and 105kgs with no discernible ability then no thanks.

Pittonet I could get behind if we think he is not an injury risk. But who the hell knows.

If we are bringing someone in to fill a hole for a year or 2, then they are likely to be a massive potato and I would pass. If we are aiming higher than that then you need to accept that they are a longer term project and what does that mean for our current ruckmen?

Anyone we bring in that will actually help us will want to be an important player in the team for the next 3+ seasons and will be costly. I highly doubt that the competent short term player even exists.

The fact that we are talking about Peter ladhams shows the type of player we will get as a stopgap. Ie. crap

Basically what I am saying is:
  • Briggs/xerri type - sure, why not but it will be expensive and changes our medium term plans
  • orren Stephenson type - no thanks
Pitto is a good ruck and showed it last year. The issue is hes contracted longer than ideal (2027) but he would give us a good ruck for 2025 and worst case by 2027 you have a vfl backup ruck once conway overtakes him.

Ladhams is actually quite good and showed him at port, the issues with him are more off field and i dont know them well enough to assess.

Reidy is another one who is doing well at peel and will be available and very cheap.

Bryan will cost a bit more as contracted but ive been impressed with his vfl form recently.

Any of these guys would be cheap enough and better than what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back