Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Looking likey.

Mind you, the same was said all year about Rawlings, Frawley and Hopper.

Fingers crossed - he'd be a huge get for us.
Rawlings was a massive bullet dodged.

If we get him, we probably don’t get ottens and now we are sitting in a parallel universe of misery.

Hawks interest in Barrass (which would require a substantial trade) may indicate that they think it’s done that Smith nominates us.

Hasn't it also been reported they're looking at offering Josh Battle around $900k per season

Between that and their now reported interest in Barrass, it would suggest that they may well have moved their focus from Smith

Why would dangerfield count anymore?? He is a flash pan midfielder who can’t get 30 touches in a game anymore.

Not sure how many A grade mids out there can’t reach 30 possessions anymore.

Holmes is bordering and debatable, but I have him on the verge as he lacks impact as a midfielder and seems to only impact loose across HB.

I want to see holmes step up and take some leadership and ownership in the midfield which he has failed to do

Again I'd love to know how you're getting to 4+ A-graders at Essendon, Stkilda, Adelaide, Richmond, North, Hawthorn and West Coast using those criteria to leave us with the least elite players of any AFL club.

Last edited:
Cal Twomey on Gettable saying today that all the talk is Smith is coming to Geelong. And it would be a big change for him now to change his mind and go to the Hawks, even though he thinks they're offering more money then the Cats.
If possible , can you tell me what minute mark he said this? I would like to listen to it but not listen to the whole thing lol 😅

Are we sure that the Davies rumour hasn't got a bit confused and we're talking about the wrong Davies

Maybe it was meant to be about Luke Davies-Uniacke...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again I'd love to know how you're getting to 4+ A-graders at Essendon, Stkilda, Adelaide, Richmond, North, Hawthorn and West Coast using those criteria to leave us with the least elite players of any AFL club.
Essendon has Merritt parish stringer Langford as A graders. They are ahead of us.

We are an incredibly well coached side with a very even spread of B graders across the field and depth, but we lack elite end talent, especially in the midfield and down back even outside of Stewart

Essendon has Merritt parish stringer Langford as A graders. They are ahead of us.

We are an incredibly well coached side with a very even spread of B graders across the field and depth, but we lack elite end talent, especially in the midfield and down back even outside of Stewart

Parish, Stringer and Langford as A graders is a helluva take I gotta give it you there tbh.

Some people have even questioned if Parish is worth a game at Essendon at certain stages this year for starters.

The closest 'Jake Stringer' and 'A-grade' get to being in the same sentence is the mark on the report card of his latest high school target.

I will give you Merrett from that list though I would add that whoever negotiated Parish's contract I would also consider an a grader

Parish, Stringer and Langford as A graders is a helluva take I gotta give it you there tbh.

Some people have even questioned if Parish is worth a game at Essendon at certain stages this year for starters.
Parish is an A grader, he is one of the leagues best accumulators and has been limited with games this year.

Langford is a 50 goal medium forward and one of the leagues best and stringer is an elite power forward.

Pretty bias to say they aren’t. We probably can’t label Stengle an A grader if Langford or stringer who is a game changer arent

I will give you Merrett from that list though I would add that whoever negotiated Parish's contract I would also consider an a grader
You don’t think geelong would benefit from a midfielder getting his hands on the ball 30+ times a week like parish can regularly do?? We have a midfield full of blokes who struggle to touch the footy

You don’t think geelong would benefit from a midfielder getting his hands on the ball 30+ times a week like parish can regularly do?? We have a midfield full of blokes who struggle to touch the footy
Well we offered him a contract last year and he didn't take it but that's not the question. You asked who an a grader on the list is and now we're veering dangerously towards semantics. Parish has had one year where you sit up and take notice. Langford has been very good this year but where has be been before that? Stringer? Come on.

Well we offered him a contract last year and he didn't take it but that's not the question. You asked who an a grader on the list is and now we're veering dangerously towards semantics. Parish has had one year where you sit up and take notice. Langford has been very good this year but where has be been before that? Stringer? Come on.
He is an A grader, parish has the footy on a string when he is out on the park. langford is on track to kick 50+ goals in two years running as a medium forward.. how many seasons are you wanting to classify an A grader?? Stringer not an A grader?? He is a huge game changer still and has been for a long time. He is on track for 40-50 goals and can turn a game in minutes.

He is an A grader, parish has the footy on a string when he is out on the park. langford is on track to kick 50+ goals in two years running as a medium forward.. how many seasons are you wanting to classify an A grader?? Stringer not an A grader?? He is a huge game changer still and has been for a long time. He is on track for 40-50 goals and can turn a game in minutes.
Again we are getting into semantics about what constitutes an A grader

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back