Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

If it meant forcing respected players out of our side who want to stay with us, then no.

We are not that sort of club that destroys its culture.

IF we're committed to Smith, I don't see us turning around asking him to wait while we see what happens with other potential trades

I also can't think of too much noise around players on our list who'd net us value to use in another trade - yes there was talk around Holmes & Stengle, but they're committed to the club and we're committed to them

It would only be if teams offered crazy ass deals to J. Henry or Kolodjashnij as FAs that we may get something - though I fully expect both to still be in the hoops next season

I fully understand that speculative posts about picking up Petracca are absolutely what this thread is all about. But we are basically as much chance of getting Nick Daicos down to the Cattery as we are of getting Christian into the hoops.

That's unless you're prepared to send Tom Stewart and Gryan Miers the other way, I guess. Oh, and get permission from our current Cats to do that deal as well.

#seriouslynochanceatall

I fully understand that speculative posts about picking up Petracca are absolutely what this thread is all about. But we are basically as much chance of getting Nick Daicos down to the Cattery as we are of getting Christian into the hoops.

That's unless you're prepared to send Tom Stewart and Gryan Miers the other way, I guess. Oh, and get permission from our current Cats to do that deal as well.

#seriouslynochanceatall

Yep lets move on from Petracca. It's a pipe dream.

Baz is the big one, surely now with Barrass and Battle to Hawks, Baz door is left open to join Cattery.

Will be intrigued to see who else we go for?
Davies? Garcia? Bailey Scott?

Then some more down the line option
Fogarty? Cadman?

Trac is a champion player but I think there will be some psychological scarring from his recent injury
Hopefully he gets back to what he was!

IF we're committed to Smith, I don't see us turning around asking him to wait while we see what happens with other potential trades

I also can't think of too much noise around players on our list who'd net us value to use in another trade - yes there was talk around Holmes & Stengle, but they're committed to the club and we're committed to them

It would only be if teams offered crazy ass deals to J. Henry or Kolodjashnij as FAs that we may get something - though I fully expect both to still be in the hoops next season
I think you can even make the argument that Smith is a better fit for needs than Trac anyway.

Yes, Petracca is a better player. But will be 29 next year, yet would still cost us multiple first rounders to get him. Smith will be 24 next year, and likely only cost 1.

Given the amount of list spots that might need filling over the next couple of years, I don't think we can afford to give away multiple draft picks to get a single player in (even if they're as good as him). We can't make a habit of what we did last year and take 3 of the last 7 picks in the draft. Those kinds of players probably need to be chased via free agency in the next few years.

I don't think Trac will be leaving Melbourne. They'll sort out whatever has upset him.
High profile players like Petracca don’t often leak to the media that they are disillusioned and want to leave. He has clearly got major issues with Melbourne and his family by all accounts is seriously pissed at the club.

Tellingly, petracca has not made any statement refuting any of the speculation.

My suspicion is that this story has serious legs. It will be an interesting trade period this year…..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

High profile players like Petracca don’t often leak to the media that they are disillusioned and want to leave. He has clearly got major issues with Melbourne and his family by all accounts is seriously pissed at the club.

Tellingly, petracca has not made any statement refuting any of the speculation.

My suspicion is that this story has serious legs. It will be an interesting trade period this year…..
I said it the other day. Pretty much every club will have another $2 million to spend this trade period.
It's why I'm surprised we haven't already locked away Humphries. Someone will throw him $400k

You're kidding me.
Melbourne wanted Tenace and we offered Moloney instead.
Moloney wasn't respected. He was a kid.
That's not quite true. Moloney was loved and respected, particularly by Bomber. We were so desperate for Ottens we agreed but many at the club felt pretty soulless about it and bomber said "we're never doing that again".

Personally, I do it every day of the week and it was clearly the correct call but they were certainly torn up about it.

The demons are an interesting case study with how they’ve handled their list. They have had some generational players and managed a flag but a lot of mismanagement across the club.
Huge long term contracts to all their stars, two of which apparently want out of the club.
Let a lot of role players go which has cost the team, haven’t been able to find decent forwards and a coach with all the bad traits of bomber Thompson.

Shows how well Geelong have managed to keep the club running on and off field. We all would’ve liked more flags but it’s amazing how well the club is managed. The list space is a huge part of that and Hocking, Wells, Cook, Lloyd and Mackie have been leaders in that space.

That's not quite true. Moloney was loved and respected, particularly by Bomber. We were so desperate for Ottens we agreed but many at the club felt pretty soulless about it and bomber said "we're never doing that again".

Personally, I do it every day of the week and it was clearly the correct call but they were certainly torn up about it.
Could have just given tenace

It has been said before, but I do hope that should Bailey Smith join the Cats, he gets a neat sensible haircut similar to my own.

We need to be careful what we wish for - Guthrie had lovely long dreadlocks, earned an AA blazer & won a couple of club B&Fs. He then cuts off his dreadlocks and has barely been on the park since

Hope Smith keeps the long hair, wherever he plays next year

Anyone see the post from Bazlenka in the last 24 hours. Seems he has bought himself a cat and happily posted a picture of himself taking the cat for a leisurely stroll along one of the Surfcoast's coastal tracks with the beach in the background. Clearly the bloke has a good sense of humour.

That may well go down as one of the funniest and more cryptic football related posts I've seen in recent times.

Been a long time since I saw him post anything related to the Bulldogs.

Anyone see the post from Bazlenka in the last 24 hours. Seems he has bought himself a cat and happily posted a picture of himself taking the cat for a leisurely stroll along one of the Surfcoast's coastal tracks with the beach in the background. Clearly the bloke has a good sense of humour.

That may well go down as one of the funniest and more cryptic football related posts I've seen in recent times.

Been a long time since I saw him post anything related to the Bulldogs.
I'm really warming to this guy. He's earned a role on BigFooty with cryptic shit like this.

Elite trolling.

IMG_3130.jpeg

We need to be careful what we wish for - Guthrie had lovely long dreadlocks, earned an AA blazer & won a couple of club B&Fs. He then cuts off his dreadlocks and has barely been on the park since

Hope Smith keeps the long hair, wherever he plays next year
Of course. The Samson effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back