Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

So 16 - 15 ?

Hah, wrong thread. Sure, final numbers were even but the sheer swing in the free kick count when neither team were particular dominant (Saints up by a few goals in the first, then Blues coming back) felt like weird umpiring. Certainly felt the Saints were perhaps a little unlucky a couple of times in the last quarter and a half I saw.

If we really rate the depth of this year’s draft, would pick 13-18 this year be better than possibly pick 8-12 next year? The reason I ask this is if so, I think it’d be better to trade our future R1 pick for Smith rather than this year’s R1 pick. Also means that Dogs more likely to accept our future R1 pick on its own rather than needing to add another pick on top of it, given the inherent risk. What are people’s thoughts?

If we really rate the depth of this year’s draft, would pick 13-18 this year be better than possibly pick 8-12 next year? The reason I ask this is if so, I think it’d be better to trade our future R1 pick for Smith rather than this year’s R1 pick. Also means that Dogs more likely to accept our future R1 pick on its own rather than needing to add another pick on top of it, given the inherent risk. What are people’s thoughts?
You'd want to be real sure about our finishing position next year. A few injuries and the wheels could be falling off

I'd want the Dog's R2 this year + F2 coming back for our F1... and even then I wouldn't be overly keen.

Our F1 could be anything.

Exactly, I’d rather play with the pick we know than the pick we don’t.

Collingwood is a recent example of why giving up future firsts is a dangerous game
Admittedly, little bit different if you're doing it to keep the first this year.

Still has the potential to look pretty bad, but if we were to pick a gun this year and still get Smith, I don't think anyone would be overly worried about next year's first.

Would be more reminiscent of the Holmes deal than the Shultz deal.

Still has the potential to look pretty bad, but if we were to pick a gun this year and still get Smith, I don't think anyone would be overly worried about next year's first.
In the end yes... the proof is in the pudding and if you snag Holmes with it then it's all good.

Certainly risky business though... even if Smith isn't what he once was and that F1 turns into a gun kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Admittedly, little bit different if you're doing it to keep the first this year.

Would be more reminiscent of the Holmes deal than the Shultz deal.
the Holmes deal though we'd just loaded up with Cameron, Smith, and Higgins. We expected to do well.

Does loading up with Smith and organic growth lend the same confidence? I don't think so

the Holmes deal though we'd just loaded up with Cameron, Smith, and Higgins. We expected to do well.

Does loading up with Smith and organic growth lend the same confidence? I don't think so
The point is if you get the pick right it's irrelevant.

I don't think Collingwood would give a shit about the pick this year if they had Darcy Wilson & Lachie Shultz for instance.

Instead, they've just got Lachie Shultz, and no pick this year. It's nothing like the Shultz deal, and would be more reminiscent of the Holmes trade if anything.

If we traded two firsts for Smith, then I agree it's very hard to justify and I'd walk away immediately if that's what they want.

The point is if you get the pick right it's irrelevant.

I don't think Collingwood would give a shit about the pick this year if they had Darcy Wilson & Lachie Shultz for instance.

Instead, they've just got Lachie Shultz, and no pick this year. It's nothing like the Shultz deal, and would be more reminiscent of the Holmes trade if anything.

If we traded two firsts for Smith, then I agree it's very hard to justify and I'd walk away immediately if that's what they want.
I mean yeah, more like a Holmes deal, I was just outlining why I think that's a bad idea

I think the recruiting staff have got enough credits in the bank to back them in.

The last time we traded a future first people were filthy at it but we got Holmes. We were the only team with Humphries on our radar.

The club will be well aware of the risks and what ifs. But ultimately if they see something of enough value to want to pull the trigger you've got to back them in at this point.

No.

Wish this Lore's person would get the provisional draft pick thing at the top screen updated/or correct.

They will - Lore is a mod and also has a life outside of BF

The provisional draft order takes a bit of work & time, so it's not always updated after each round during the season but it will be updated in due course, especially now that things are getting a bit more known

We're not at trade time they, so surely it's not a big issue if it takes a couple of days to update at this time of the season

They will - Lore is a mod and also has a life outside of BF

The provisional draft order takes a bit of work & time, so it's not always updated after each round during the season but it will be updated in due course, especially now that things are getting a bit more known

We're not at trade time they, so surely it's not a big issue if it takes a couple of days to update at this time of the season
I think it's been off for a few weeks now... Although I might be wrong.

If someone is going in and doing it manually then I understand it can/will take time depending on the person's situation doing it.

I honestly thought they had built some automated system and the computer just calculates it all and spits it out depending on the ladder position applied in the system.

No doubt with the H&A finishing up it'll be handy to see and a good time to get it correct.

I appreciate whoever does it... It is a good tool.

I think it's been off for a few weeks now... Although I might be wrong.

If someone is going in and doing it manually then I understand it can/will take time depending on the person's situation doing it.

I honestly thought they had built some automated system and the computer just calculates it all and spits it out depending on the ladder position applied in the system.

No doubt with the H&A finishing up it'll be handy to see and a good time to get it correct.

I appreciate whoever does it... It is a good tool.
I do think sometimes the actual time and effort involved in getting these things done gets lost in the mix.....

GO Catters

Is there anywhere to see a list of players out of contract this year?

To mind, players without a contract currently include - Parfitt, Jeka, Rohan, Kolo, Willis, Bews, Hardie, Duncan, O Henry, Murdoch, Danger, Foster, Stanley, & Clohesy.

If that's about correct, I would say definite keeps are - Kolo, O Henry, Danger.

Up to them - Rohan, Duncan, Stanley.

Which leaves - Parfitt, Jeka, Willis, Bews, Hardie, Murdoch, Foster, & Clohesy.

Who do we keep, and who goes?

Last edited:

To mind, players without a contract currently include - Parfitt, Jeka, Rohan, Kolo, Willis, Bews, Hardie, Duncan, O Henry, Murdoch, Danger, Foster, Stanley, & Clohesy.

If that's about correct, I would say definite keeps are - Kolo, O Henry, Danger.

Footywire is an option, but be aware it isn't always 100% accurate - for example, Bowes is under contract:

1724646618308.png

The other option is checking out our sub-forum, Cat-Scan - dazbroncos does a mighty fine job of keeping that up to date

you mean like this?

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back