Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

He plays mostly as a ruck but I see him as a KPF, great game sense, a natural footballer, gets involved in possession chains. Moves well on the lead. Good field kick for his size. Can get ball below his knees. Big frame, not that skinny athletic type that is in vogue, which will see him slide.
Bit like Shannon Neale in regards he plays mostly in the ruck in the under 18s..
Where is pick range going to be?

Bit like Shannon Neale in regards he plays mostly in the ruck in the under 18s..
Where is pick range going to be?

I don't remember Neale showing that much at U18 level, we grabbed him on potential, good size, good athletic testing etc.

I see very little buzz on Gerreyn. So I think we'd be able grab in the 2nd round, possibly later. He has been invited to the combine, so at least a handful of team are looking at him. I could see A good 20m sprint time would see him go up.

I think we need to acquire a R1 ..that would involve getting enough picks to get either the GC or the Lions pick ..both teams will be trading out picks. GC probably use theirs for a players…so Lions may be the best chance…as their pick will just get absorbed matching ashcroft.

The question is how do we get enough picks to to get their R1. Going by the table above the Lions a p14 then P52 ..then will need a lot of points.
Their round 1 isn't materially better than ours though.

If we finished mid-table, that would represent fair value. If we can get him for that while making a GF and it's picks 20 + 40 after bids etc., that would be a steal.

We arent trading our F1 for smith. Especially if we win the flag we may have a lot of retirements and hence wouldnt risk touching the future 1st.
It might be say picks 20 and 40 plus a future 2nd, or unless we include a fringe player. Would be nice if we got a decent compo pick from parfitt to throw in but i expect we get no compo.
But im confident we wont use an F1.

I wonder if we will hear anything about Bailey Smith now Dogs are out? Some announce after there teams there with is out, while the team they want to play for is still playing eg Jeremy Cameron did to us? Or wait till we are out.

Drum Roll 🥁 🥁

I wonder if we will hear anything about Bailey Smith now Dogs are out? Some announce after there teams there with is out, while the team they want to play for is still playing eg Jeremy Cameron did to us? Or wait till we are out.

Drum Roll 🥁 🥁

I mean Giants released that news on purpose as they were salty Jez wanted out.

Drum Roll 🥁 🥁
Probably end up hearing on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I expect the Cats to tell him to keep his mouth shut until our season is concluded, unfortunately we can't control what the Dogs leak though.

Wouldn't be the worst idea for them to get that news out there and take the focus off that pathetic performance.

Their round 1 isn't materially better than ours though.
I guess I was thinking its another method of getting us the ways and means to trade for smith. They will need 1600 to 2000 points for Ascroft Id think

The idea was to add an additional R1. not to trade for their r1 with our r1. They need to trade their R1 or it will be eaten by points for ashcroft. We probably need to find additional R2s, R3 etc to trade for their R1 .

I guess I was thinking its another method of getting us the ways and means to trade for smith. They will need 1600 to 2000 points for Ascroft Id think

The idea was to add an additional R1. not to trade for their r1 with our r1. They need to trade their R1 or it will be eaten by points for ashcroft. We probably need to find additional R2s, R3 etc to trade for their R1 .
Yeah ok fair. Not sure how we add enough to get it over the line but it could work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those tuning into the VFL today, have a look at former Sun Brayden Crossley in the ruck for the Sharks. Haven't seen much of him but he leads the VFL for hitouts and has had a few games where he has kicked multiple goals.

Looks like he doesn't mind a snag or two so maybe he could be the next Mumford project? Plays a physical brand and looks like he has a reasonable skill set for a ruckman.

Just look for the bad mother rucker moustache.

For those tuning into the VFL today, have a look at former Sun Brayden Crossley in the ruck for the Sharks. Haven't seen much of him but he leads the VFL for hitouts and has had a few games where he has kicked multiple goals.

Looks like he doesn't mind a snag or two so maybe he could be the next Mumford project? Plays a physical brand and looks like he has a reasonable skill set for a ruckman.

Drunkcat you have another fan of your ruck of choice 😆

Last time I saw him play he looked out of shape even for a VFL footballer

Drum Roll 🥁 🥁

Nah he wont announce until after the GF.

Nah unfortunately bc of the drug issues and his mum i doubt any club picks him up. Good player though.

We wont need to.
Say picks 18 and 36 plus maybe a future 2nd is equivalent to the dunkley trade (or a fringe player like a knevitt or clohesy etc gets thrown in instead of one of the picks). The dogs have no leverage and they arent getting 2 1sts.

His mum??

Crossley got done for drugs up at GC and his mum had a massive go at GC online posts on the way out-didnt take any responsibility blamed it all on the club. Clubs remember that stuff so id suggest hes not getting picked up again.

Crossley got done for drugs up at GC and his mum had a massive go at GC online posts on the way out-didnt take any responsibility blamed it all on the club. Clubs remember that stuff so id suggest hes not getting picked up again.
GC had a drugs culture issue at the time allegedly. His mum was of the belief that they should have done more

Wow. Ok.

Like you say, it's hard to imagine anyone be willing to take that on.

GC had a drugs culture issue at the time allegedly. His mum was of the belief that they should have done more

Maybe.

But it has that whiff of a parent who expects the school teachers to create a framework of behaviour for their kid but get defensive if / when the teachers impose any form of discipline.

It starts at home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back