Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Yeah but your hearing it more n more
Battle to Hawks
Barras to Hawks

Battle is a free agent so different.

The further we go in finals the less satisfactory our R1 pick is to the Dogs.

Smith would need to be very confident Geelong could get the deal done before nominating us. He might not say anything publically at all if we have told him that we can't guarantee anything.

Maybe.

But it has that whiff of a parent who expects the school teachers to create a framework of behaviour for their kid but get defensive if / when the teachers impose any form of discipline.

It starts at home.
Well we’re not drafting his mum. Would you have looked past Dusty if you knew his old man’s ins and outs..?

I was referencing the shifting of blame. Rather than take some ownership she chose to burn some bridges instead it seems.
Point taken, maybe she had good reason. Sure the club would do their due diligence on all aspects of recruiting.

Maybe.

But it has that whiff of a parent who expects the school teachers to create a framework of behaviour for their kid but get defensive if / when the teachers impose any form of discipline.

It starts at home.
He was part of the club well before he was drafted as part of the academy. GCS were a diabolically run club back then.

I think he actually has an AFL game and is very aggressive the way he plays but fully understand he won't get drafted

GC had a drugs culture issue at the time allegedly. His mum was of the belief that they should have done more

I get that but its unprofessional of family. What the clubs want if players get done is apologies even if its fake for PR. They will also worry about how long a player will stay on the wagon if family is telling him not to take responsibility. The way she went off the reservation is a PR risk clubs wont want hence he wont get picked up again.

We wont need to.
Say picks 18 and 36 plus maybe a future 2nd is equivalent to the dunkley trade (or a fringe player like a knevitt or clohesy etc gets thrown in instead of one of the picks). The dogs have no leverage and they arent getting 2 1sts.

No mater how its used ..whether for the Smith trade or something else like using it ourselves. Id like to have a pick in the the top30 this year.

No mater how its used ..whether for the Smith trade or something else like using it ourselves. Id like to have a pick in the the top30 this year.

Current 2024 First, Future 2nd (2025) and change.
More than enough for an OOC player who hasn't played in 18 months.

Keeps our 2nd rounder this year and 2025 First intact.

I get that but its unprofessional of family. What the clubs want if players get done is apologies even if its fake for PR. They will also worry about how long a player will stay on the wagon if family is telling him not to take responsibility. The way she went off the reservation is a PR risk clubs wont want hence he wont get picked up again.

You make a lot of sense but is it also a case of ..is he good enough? Something tells me if he was considered the next Stengle ..we might try to make it work. ..but as we have seen in the past with recalcitrant ruckman, mums can be problematic.

I wonder about guys like him ..whether their bodies can handle the extra load. He would have train a lot harder at the next level.

Current 2024 First, Future 2nd (2025) and change.
More than enough for an OOC player who hasn't played in 18 months.

Keeps our 2nd rounder this year and 2025 First intact.

It would be handy however we use it.

I trust the club to make the right call. Im not fussed on the missed season. He is of an age where he could come in and be in our best 10 players in 2025

Unlikely. If we are getting smith our r3 will be our earliest (unless we trade back in). I doubt parfitt gets a big enough contract anywhere else to get us a decent compo band.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez
I thought it was interesting that Danger made reference after the game on Thursday to player’s joining the club for less because of the culture and success and how great it was at Geelong

Kinda like a sales pitch to all and sundry
We have the score on the board but I like how Kardinia Park now has this mystical feel as the Mecca or Jerusalem of the AFL landscape.

I thought it was interesting that Danger made reference after the game on Thursday to player’s joining the club for less because of the culture and success and how great it was at Geelong

Reminiscent of Joel after he retired:

“I’ve loved going to work. You don’t come to the Geelong footy club to go to work for money – you come for the experience and I’ve loved every part of that.”

He was big in the Bowes trade as he mentored the kid at under 18 championships.
Reckon there’d be a long list of guys at our club because of Pat’s recruiting ability.

Noticed Jez was in Butters ear post game. Could be nothing but can’t hurt to sell these guys on success and culture.

He was big in the Bowes trade as he mentored the kid at under 18 championships.
Reckon there’d be a long list of guys at our club because of Pat’s recruiting ability.

Noticed Jez was in Butters ear post game. Could be nothing but can’t hurt to sell these guys on success and culture.
Jez doesn't strike me as the recruiting type. More likely asking about fishing spots or something golf related. Would love for him to get in peoples ears.

Battle is a free agent so different.

The further we go in finals the less satisfactory our R1 pick is to the Dogs.

Smith would need to be very confident Geelong could get the deal done before nominating us. He might not say anything publically at all if we have told him that we can't guarantee anything.
Cameron was a RFA

We have been doing it for years.

It's a deliberate, long term club approach.

Talk up the GFC whenever you can.

Be aware of opportunities to ingratiate GFC to other players.

Part of building our culture, reputation, character.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back