Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Cadman seems committed, and would cost the earth.

Jake Riccardi, on the other hand, has been left out of the side, is 24, and is an excellent mark...

He signed til 2026 riccardi but we could do worse than to ask. Him or gruzewski might be gettable.

Stealing this from another board if anyone wanted to see it. The relevant ones for us are Cameron at #12, Stewart #82 & Dangerfield #96.

1-jpeg.2104746
2-jpeg.2104748
3-jpeg.2104749
4-jpeg.2104750
5-jpeg.2104751
6-jpeg.2104752
7-jpeg.2104753

The concerning part was that he gave SDK a flogging in that game.

Based on what I have seen over the past month, Stanley is clearly our best ruckman. If SDK comes back in it has to be key defender or bust. And that moves Blitz back into no man’s land in regards his role.

I don’t think SDK gets back in this season unless we have an injury. Which is staggering considering how talented he is.
That's the same SDK that was our potential weapon in the ruck at AFL level.
That tells me that maybe the ruck isn't for SDK. Even though he played some decent footy there only a few weeks back.
However, if you think Crossley can get an AFL ready body, you might have a super cheap battering ram who can back up Conway for the next few years. I'm pretty sure you could get him as a delisted FA so he wouldn't cost you picks.

I have a very good source on this one and i know a couple of other people on this board do too.
He was 99.9 % retired last year until the club talked him out of it, because of worries about conway needing more time. Things can change but at this stage hes 99% retiring.
Doesn't guarantee anything for Toby either, but the club appear very confident that they've finally got him fixed too.

Surgery was a last resort, but it'll fix his issues in their view, and the only problem now should be his endurance rather than how durable he is.

If they're expecting him to be playing 80-90% of games next year, I expect Rhys to go and the club just gets games into O'Sullivan while using SDK as a chop out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Carlton Matt Kennedy of interest- if I was treated like he was last night I'd be looking for another club

1. Late in - told was playing and flew to Brisbane yesterday

2 Subbed off after 12mins of second quarter for TDK - When the team is getting spanked 60-0 even after Blake Aches had shown signs of a shoulder injury.
My BluBaggerBuddy reckons he's a SPUD.
In saying that he told me that Cerra was the most over rated mid they had just behind Walsh.
On flip side he said TDK was gonna bust loose this year hence we had a good old sniff at acquiring him.
Funny how insiders view their own sometimes.

The concerning part was that he gave SDK a flogging in that game.

Based on what I have seen over the past month, Stanley is clearly our best ruckman. If SDK comes back in it has to be key defender or bust. And that moves Blitz back into no man’s land in regards his role.

I don’t think SDK gets back in this season unless we have an injury. Which is staggering considering how talented he is.

SDK was underwhelming after being clearly our best player against Werribee. But he wasn't flogged. We controlled the clearances and SDK had a decent impact around the ground. If you're looking at hitouts then under thay criteria Stanley was flogged by Sweet which is clearly nonsense too.

SDK comes in as ruck or not at all. Blicavs and Henry have rediscovered their best down back and the structure is perfect as is.

Stanley put in a solid shift on Thursday but we'll likely come up against superior rucks in the prelim and grand finals. Has he got 2 more big games in him? Is SDK a better option to give us more impact at ground level and around the ground? I don't know but I think it's the single toughest decision the MC faces.

Stealing this from another board if anyone wanted to see it. The relevant ones for us are Cameron at #12, Stewart #82 & Dangerfield #96.

1-jpeg.2104746
2-jpeg.2104748
3-jpeg.2104749
4-jpeg.2104750
5-jpeg.2104751
6-jpeg.2104752
7-jpeg.2104753
Excellent reading for all Geelong supporters.

Seems they’re that surprised Dylan Shiel was on the list they didn’t know who he was when sourcing a pic 🤣🤣

Imagine how much JC or Stewart would paid in a team like Norf or tigers
Just hand em the check book.

I get how some are on the list, back ended deals, lower teams paying cap, etc. but some are seriously over payed, almost embarrassing. Amazing how we keep our players reading that. I guess money is not everything for everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back