Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I actually like how ruthless they are these days.

You maybe don’t find Lawson if you don’t make the call on Cooper Whyte which I thought was pretty tough at the time.

If you haven't cracked it for a game in 2 years I think the chances of making it are very slim these days. You don't have to be best 22 after 2 years and it might only be the odd game, particularly for a tall player like a SDK, Conway or COS but if you are at no games at all and looking a long way back from selection like a Foster or Willis, turning them over is the right thing to do.

Why would we trade SDK?
YES- on one hand- ?doesn't want us, soft, entitled, pampered...
or
NO- on the other- ?elite young talent, still developing, loyal, more determined to consolidate his spot...

Hey fellas, juat wondering what the go with Emerson Jeka is? I know he was highly touted as a youngster but had some Injury struggles but at his age do you think he's worth picking up? I'd love fremantle to offer him 2 years and see how he goes. Started off well in the VFL as a forward but seems he's playing as a bit of a swingman now?

I actually like how ruthless they are these days.

You maybe don’t find Lawson if you don’t make the call on Cooper Whyte which I thought was pretty tough at the time.
His name escapes me but who was that bloke we carried on our list for years and years about 10 years back who rarely got out on the park?

Even the cats website spells it out.
Hardie excelled in the VFL in 2024, recognised for his outstanding season finishing fourth in the JJ Liston Trophy and earning a spot in the Smithy’s VFL Team of the Year. He was a strong force in the Cats midfield, averaging 29 disposals, six clearances and five tackles per game. He also hit the scoreboard, kicking 14 goals.
Did he want big bucks?

Spells out what?

Hey fellas, juat wondering what the go with Emerson Jeka is? I know he was highly touted as a youngster but had some Injury struggles but at his age do you think he's worth picking up? I'd love fremantle to offer him 2 years and see how he goes. Started off well in the VFL as a forward but seems he's playing as a bit of a swingman now?

Little big man. Played as a key back in the VFL for us. Can be ok on his day with ball in hand but equally good for a clanger or two. Decent at state league level but I don't think he finds a spot at AFL level. I don't think you can be that bad one on one at the next level up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little big man. Played as a key back in the VFL for us. Can be ok on his day with ball in hand but equally good for a clanger or two. Decent at state league level but I don't think he finds a spot at AFL level. I don't think you can be that bad one on one at the next level up.
Wonder if a big change of scenery could do him some good, still young

Can see Mitch playing 3 games next year then retiring before midseason so we can hit the midseason draft

Maybe but if hes going to do that honestly he shouId go now.

Anyone got Ralph on FoxFooty last night. Missed it but apparently he said we've committed to Jack Henderson if no one else takes him before us.

Shh we will end up having to take him in the r2 (and we wont have a r2 pick after smith) if this gets out (like with mannagh)
him, riley bice and a couple of other mature agers id be keen on though.

Have you watched Marshall in recent years? His best years were in tandem with Ryder.
He can go forward. Takes big marks and kicks well.

That'll be what they want to replicate.

Marshall is their most dynamic player in a midfield group full of plodders. I wouldnt take him out of there despite the fact that he can catch it up forward.

Anyone got Ralph on FoxFooty last night. Missed it but apparently he said we've committed to Jack Henderson if no one else takes him before us.
Sounds like Ralph put 2 and 2 together and came up with 4, knowing our penchant for mature-aged gems.

I like him, and I'm sure we'd consider him, but coming out with such an absolute statement two months out from the draft doesn't sound like us.

Maybe if it was a week or so out from the draft you'd have more faith.

Are you saying he will definitely go next year, or if it is to happen it would only be then?

Im saying geelong wont trade sdk this year for 4 reasons.
1. Geelong is really keen on tdk as FA next year so they will wait until TDK signs at carlton beforr entertaining anything re sdk
2. Given his injury this year clubs wouldnt offer enough picks to turn our head to accept it.
3. We need 12 months to work out his best position-back or ruck-and to work out whether he and us see eye to eye on it.
Eg some players will move because they want to be a mid and not a fwd etc
4. The big one is if he goes we need 6 months to plan getting a mature kpd or ruck into replace him-its too late for this year.

I can see him potentially leaving next year but not this year.

Last edited:
Sounds like Ralph put 2 and 2 together and came up with 4, knowing our penchant for mature-aged gems.

I like him, and I'm sure we'd consider him, but coming out with such an absolute statement two months out from the draft doesn't sound like us.

Maybe if it was a week or so out from the draft you'd have more faith.

To be fair we have a history of taking top end werribee players and he is that. They could be guessing and right.

Pretty sloppy if that got out so soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back