Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Can play. Good pickup if we get him.

Will be hard as i doubt we pick until the 3rd round and he might go earlier-as mannagh would have hence our trade up.
Id like him in the ND and riley bice as a rookie sam clohesy style.
Obviously one of our rookie picks probably needs to be a young tall (hopefully pike) and id like to see us DFA a more mature ruck somewhere.

So we have 9 spots available on main list and rookie list... That's a lot of vacancies to be filled with late picks, assuming we handover our top pick for B Smith.

Kennedy is contract until 2025, so if Blues do a trade, I wonder if it's a favourable one where they want to offload his $$ from the books (eg a bowes style trade, but of lesser value pick), or one where you have to cough up picks for him.

So we have 9 spots available on main list and rookie list... That's a lot of vacancies to be filled with late picks, assuming we handover our top pick for B Smith.

Kennedy is contract until 2025, so if Blues do a trade, I wonder if it's a favourable one where they want to offload his $$ from the books (eg a bowes style trade, but of lesser value pick), or one where you have to cough up picks for him.

It wont be a bowes deal.
But we could maybe get him for a r3 or similar if they need to clear his cap for houston (depends on their cap position).

Hey fellas, juat wondering what the go with Emerson Jeka is? I know he was highly touted as a youngster but had some Injury struggles but at his age do you think he's worth picking up? I'd love fremantle to offer him 2 years and see how he goes. Started off well in the VFL as a forward but seems he's playing as a bit of a swingman now?
He's not shithouse. He had a solid year in the VFL. If you were desperate to fill a spot in the backline you could do worse but he isn't going to make any side better.

I’m not sure how gettable he is but I would be after Jake Riccardi I really rate him and he seemed to be nudged out of the GWS team. I know he signed a deal in 2023 to 2026 I wonder what he would be worth.

Pretty sloppy if that got out so soon
Wonder if Ralph is just connecting the dots that he’s an ex Falcon, 24yo inside mid who was just BOG in VFL GF for Werribee like Mannagh last year.
I’m sure we’re into him but hard to keep that one a secret. Shame though, he’s unlikely to slip to our picks.

I’m not sure how gettable he is but I would be after Jake Riccardi I really rate him and he seemed to be nudged out of the GWS team. I know he signed a deal in 2023 to 2026 I wonder what he would be worth.

I think he would be hard to get out because of his contract and because they have other mature players going.

With all the talk of this years draft being strong would we consider trading the dogs our future 1st for Smith if they throw in their pick 32 from this year?

I know it’s a risk

No.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be hard as i doubt we pick until the 3rd round and he might go earlier-as mannagh would have hence our trade up.
Id like him in the ND and riley bice as a rookie sam clohesy style.
Obviously one of our rookie picks probably needs to be a young tall (hopefully pike) and id like to see us DFA a more mature ruck somewhere.

Going to be interesting to view the interest in mature age talent this draft. After seeing Mannagh be such an effective acquisition this year, you’d think more clubs will be considering drafting players in their 20’s.

The depth of this draft though may count against some of these players this year. I would assume that if list spots are tight clubs will generally defer to u18 talent.

It’s going to be interesting to see how we fill our list spots. I wasn’t in favour of keeping Duncan or Stanley but we’ve got a few spots to fill even without them going. We likely won’t have a first round and potentially a second round pick if they go to the dogs.

Martin potentially comes in as a dfa, I can’t see many other free agents we’ll sign. That’s only two spots and picks at the end of the draft to make the rest.
There’s a couple of mature aged players we are apparently looking at the might last till then at Werribee and Mcartin is another who would be a late or rookie pick.

but... Clark has to come good.
To take on an honest foot soldier for the lure of Pick 7 we need that pick to have been a wise selection to justify the decision made.
The pick we received and the player we chose with that pick are 2 totally seperate conversations.

How well Clark pans out has no relevance to the analysis of whether the Bowes trade was a good one.

We didn’t get Clark in the bowes deal. We got pick 7. They are not the same thing.

With all the talk of this years draft being strong would we consider trading the dogs our future 1st for Smith if they throw in their pick 32 from this year?

I know it’s a risk
Possibly… but if the club has a plan in mind for a particular player in the next couple of years, we may require holding that draft pick.

It’s going to be interesting to see how we fill our list spots. I wasn’t in favour of keeping Duncan or Stanley but we’ve got a few spots to fill even without them going. We likely won’t have a first round and potentially a second round pick if they go to the dogs.

Martin potentially comes in as a dfa, I can’t see many other free agents we’ll sign. That’s only two spots and picks at the end of the draft to make the rest.
There’s a couple of mature aged players we are apparently looking at the might last till then at Werribee and Mcartin is another who would be a late or rookie pick.

Cats would send current first and future second.
Not current first and second.

Reckon we have an eye on someone with current 2nd rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back