Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

We send Mark O’Connor plus a F4 to Kerry for Murphy and a third round pick 🤣
Imagine the opposition supporters around here when we rock up to draft night with a pick sourced from an international football club. What's the conversion rate like?

It must be said though, how bad are these rumours?

And how much if it is just confirmation bias when he looks like a bit of a FIGJAM on social media?
I don't deal much in rumours to be honest.

There's definitely some awkwardness amongst some at the club, he seems to get on well with a few still, he was at Cody's art exhibition as an example - but at the end of the day whilst our club was pushing for finals and going on the small run we did, it meant more to the club to have Bailey away from it - sending him to Europe, than inside the club and I think that speaks volumes. Earlier in the year prior to his European holiday he was required to be at club organised things like meets at schools and he just flat out did not show up, and did not give any notice.

You combine that with the drug stuff (which personally I don't really care too much about, given I don't think he's alone there), I recall there being a dilemma with him telling journalists not to take photos of him, the childish instagram stories that suddenly get deleted. I don't believe anything he has done is in isolation a hanging offence but in combination it's just a headache.

The Cotton On stuff is an awkwardness, I don't think anybody can deny that, but I can't imagine a world where anything illegal is being done - it would be far too stupid to do it.

That's my point.

Do they actually exist? Or is it just a bias based on what they think they see on social media, or how he carries himself.

Can't rule out the jilted lover "we never wanted him anyway" and we're not making stuff up to suit that, either.

His social media is just him topless majority of the time and some travel pics. It's really quite boring.

What's the other turnoff, the drugs thing?

I don't understand the vitriol.

Nah, apparently our underhand deals all involve buying farmland on the outskirts of town for the players
It is not really buying land for the players when it is all a gift from Uncle Franks vast portfolio is it?

I didnt say a house... U r now trying to put words into my mouth or in this case my post.
Patience Grasshopper Patience. Let time pass, as it will unravel all.
I have it on very good authority that Mackie met with Butters and management in Adelaide mid year...

But it wasn't about anything happening this year according to my mail

from outside looking in, there seem like some sort of relationship break down. happens to every club now and then. it probably be a good thing for the dogs to not have his distractions going forward.

It is interesting. Apparently his manager Connors is upset with him for going to that prelim, as well as the Dogs camp.

It is interesting. Apparently his manager Connors is upset with him for going to that prelim, as well as the Dogs camp.
Let's not kid ourselves, it was really petulant and stupid.

Imagine if Gary Ablett had rocked up to a Gold Coast event in 2010 before he'd announced he was leaving. We'd be outraged.

Optics aren't great but it's not like he was sitting with the Geelong players. I saw where they were all day and he was with the Cotton On family... his sponsor.

Optics aren't great but it's not like he was sitting with the Geelong players. I saw where they were all day and he was with the Cotton On family... his sponsor.

As a Dogs supporter I don’t really care or see the big deal, but I just wonder what the point was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His social media is just him topless majority of the time and some travel pics. It's really quite boring.

What's the other turnoff, the drugs thing?

I don't understand the vitriol.
Neither, but I guess if you already don't like him, there's a confirmation bias with his social media is what I mean.

If you're a Dogs fan, and you think he's arrogant, and then later that day he posts four topless photos, it just confirms what you already believe.

I've personally got no issue with it, and just see it as a good looking guy living his life. More power to him.

But I can see how something like that could contribute if you've already got preconceived notions about him as a person.

Same thing with the drugs. If you already thought he was an idiot, then getting caught with drugs just confirms what you already believed - even if the two are completely disconnected.

Imagine if Gary Ablett had rocked up to a Gold Coast event in 2010 before he'd announced he was leaving. We'd be outraged.

A bit different, Smith had already said he wanted out, just not to where. Quite contrary to what GAJ did.

Also; like us sending a cohort to Adelaide to seduce the likes of Travis Boak, how could it be conveyed as any other than "Come spend some time with our players and see what we're about while we're in Melbourne."

I mean, after all, if he 'supposedly hasn't decided on a club yet', why wouldn't any and every club who is after his services not try to wine and dine him?

Baz had already told them he wants out.

Gaz was a fav son of our club. And by the looks most Dogs supporters want Smith gone.

Not a fair comparison.

Hope it's obvious from subsequent comments but I meant Ted Clohesy as a trade to the dogs as rumour swirling he toured their facilities and as a rookie ooc he's a free agent. Trying to figure out if the Dogs need to tarde for Ted or not.

Last edited:
Imagine the opposition supporters around here when we rock up to draft night with a pick sourced from an international football club. What's the conversion rate like?
I feel like I explained that very badly

We chase cat B
Need a spot on cat B list
Need to upgrade a cat B to senior list
Ted's contract offer from us is likely a senior list spot
If that's a senior list spot contract offer does that mean Ted's not going to be a DFA and must be traded for?

Trade for Ted not the Irish kid obviously

I saw on Midweek Tackle last night they claimed the Cats were into another big-time Irish recruit, Cillian Burke (I think that was his name). Haven't really heard anything about that before. Do you happen to know anything about this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back