Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

If he begins to play at an AFL standard and warrant his spot I'll enjoy watching him.

So you liked the Prelim then? Or are you going to somehow find a way to suggest he wasn't AFL standard then either?

It's a rhetorical question. Of course you'll say he was terrible despite being one of our only players that was clean and composed basically all night.

Sitting at a pub today I bumped into the only source I’ve ever had.
Asked about Smith and said like everyone else it’s 100% happening.
Mentioned it will happen next week once the Grand Final is done and was never going to be announced before hand.

Him being in the crowd on the weekend has nothing to do with him not announcing they just want to simply announce it once the GF is over
Suggests Monday or Tuesday.

Martin still a 50/50 chance and hasn’t indicated to the club who he has decided on.

Asked about any other players are he said he’s heard noise but that noise is around every year. Pretty much said don’t get your hopes up this year.
Smith and that could possibly be it if Martin chooses Freo

Probably nobody but as mentioned already... St Kilda at a pinch.

I'm not even sure why I mentioned it, but it must have been that someone else earlier brought it up as I don't think it would happen.

The thing is though... some people are saying they wouldn't trade him for 2x top-10s... so does that mean that he is worth that and it isn't impossible for clubs to want to get him and offer 2x top-10s?

I doubt it happens... but if offered it I think we'd think good and hard about taking it.

As also mention by me and someone else, If we think he might be not 100% committed then now (if offers those picks) is the best chance to cash in on his value.
Absolutely i'd take two top 10 picks for him. Use them on fixing our midfield.

We benched Duncan and omitted Tuohy for this. That's close to 600 games of experience overlooked for raw Irish potential that may be realised in a couple of years... Or could become another MOC.

Tuohy wasn't omitted for Mullin. He was left out for Bews.

Or if not, Duncan was subbed for Mullin.

But either way Bews was in when he hadn't been all year. So to say Mullin cost us 600 games of experience is just poppycock.

So you liked the Prelim then? Or are you going to somehow find a way to suggest he wasn't AFL standard then either?

It's a rhetorical question. Of course you'll say he was terrible despite being one of our only players that was clean and composed basically all night
Must have been a different #34 who 60m under light pressure dump kicked the ball inside 50 for a turnover.

I'm not gushing over 10 touches with two clangers. If you want to go ahead. We will agree to disagree.

Gotta love the "walk Smith to the PSD" on the Dogs board.

In all seriousness... I truly believe if we say "15 is our best offer" and sit on it, it will get the job done in the last moments of trade-period.

Letting Smith walk and flushing pick 15 down the toilet would be just cutting of your nose to spite your face stuff.

Especially when they are talking about having a crack at Houston and their current best pick is 32.

I do think we will give a bit more, but the Dog's people seem to think that our R1 plus some steak knives is unreasonable.

This 2x R1s talk is la-la land stuff.

In all seriousness... I truly believe if we say "15 is our best offer" and sit on it, it will get the job done in the last moments of trade-period.

Letting Smith walk and flushing pick 15 down the toilet would be just cutting of your nose to spite your face stuff.

Especially when they are talking about having a crack at Houston and their current best pick is 32.

I do think we will give a bit more, but the Dog's people seem to think that our R1 plus some steak knives is unreasonable.

Mate it’s mental. Hasn’t happened in 20 years, yet nuffie fans still think it’s a feasible option to “walk them to the draft”. If he wasn’t coming off an ACL it would be a 1st plus something else. If he was contracted it would be 2 x 1sts. Geelong know it, bulldogs know it. Deal will get done for our 1st this year, and maybe a swap of late picks I.e our 3rd for their 4th.

Must have been a different #34 who 60m under light pressure dump kicked the ball inside 50 for a turnover.

I'm not gushing over 10 touches with two clangers. If you want to go ahead. We will agree to disagree.

What did you think of the left foot pass to Close? Or the knock on to Close? Or the run and dash through the middle?

All 3 were key plays that led to goals.

Or you could look at the 3-4 super ground ball wins he had.

But no let's focus on his one significant mistake for the night as though no other player made any of those.

You didn't want gushing. You said you just wanted him to play "at an AFL standard" which he clearly did in the prelim. Maybe give some credit for a solid game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're losing it over there.

Loving the landscaper bit as well. I must admit I was confused also until it was clarified that the landscaper is the vendor :p

Mullin started from a long way back when he arrived at the club, but I think he has improved out of sight. His last few games have been solid, his skills are remarkably good already, and he has both speed and strength which is something that can be said for precious few players on our list.

He's far from perfect, as the gumby rattling on about his dump kick inside 50 the other night has pointed out. Every player makes mistakes and he's certainly no exception, but to be fair his are becoming fewer and further between as time goes on.

Perhaps said gumby should watch Stengle's "highlights" from the PF... there's a guy whose spot in the side is questioned by no one (including me), but he had a fair dinkum stinker. Mullin contributed far more to the Cats' cause than he did.

Mate it’s mental. Hasn’t happened in 20 years, yet nuffie fans still think it’s a feasible option to “walk them to the draft”. If he wasn’t coming off an ACL it would be a 1st plus something else. If he was contracted it would be 2 x 1sts. Geelong know it, bulldogs know it. Deal will get done for our 1st this year, and maybe a swap of late picks I.e our 3rd for their 4th.
Fair call.

You can tell they're frustrated. "Gotta make a stand". I would be too if we had Bevo as coach, who continues to waste arguably the most talented list in the AFL, and to disenfranchise very good players.

Come draft night I reckon they'd be much happier with their first selection being #15 over #32.

Getting zero for Smith because of some ego-driven revolt against Geelong would be a shocking result for the Dogs.

Them sending him into the draft isn't anything they should be hoping for... I actually think we'd be a good shot at getting him in the draft (even if we slightly traded up to get him).

But who loses the most out of that? The Dogs lol.. we get our man and they get zero for him... that would be hilarious.

They reckon he is so good they gotta get 2x R1's for him... but if you can't get 2 you might aswell get zero and not 1 defies logic IMO.

You negotiate your hardest and take the best offer you can get come the last moments of trade period.

If they want to get into some other trades eg: Houston and need capital to do so then they might take what's on offer early (which would likely be steak knives less than the last moments of the trade period) and just be done with it.

Mullin started from a long way back when he arrived at the club, but I think he has improved out of sight. His last few games have been solid, his skills are remarkably good already, and he has both speed and strength which is something that can be said for precious few players on our list.

He's far from perfect, as the gumby rattling on about his dump kick inside 50 the other night has pointed out. Every player makes mistakes and he's certainly no exception, but to be fair his are becoming fewer and further between as time goes on.

Perhaps said gumby should watch Stengle's "highlights" from the PF... there's a guy whose spot in the side is questioned by no one (including me), but he had a fair dinkum stinker. Mullin contributed far more to the Cats' cause than he did.
Much easier for them to blame their whipping boy than a dozen others who if they did their job on 2-3 occasions each rather than completely F it up we’d be in GF mode and a couple of them might even begrudgingly be calling OM an inspired selection, but alas..

Bruhn and Mullin had good games apparently 😁
Don't be a gumby mate.

Smarts doesn't seem to realise we're both acting the same but from opposite views. No point continuing now as neither will change what we think, if he (and others) thinks OM was good then that's his view, it isn't anything to do with preconceived bias or rose coloured glasses etc.

My view on Neale changed as the season wore on, not so much #34

FFS can we stop the bullshit posts about Mullin and Hardie in the trading thread, Mullin is on the list and will be here next year, Hardie wont be so whatever one you have an issue with ****ing deal with it and shut the hell up or go start your own thread. Honestly some of you are like a bunch of 13 year olds.

Came here to read about potential trades and spend 5+ pages reading arguments about Mullin and Hardie.

Why are they kicking up a stink so vitriolically. They don't want him at the club and say he's turned a lot of teammates off, so how fruitful would he be there or anywhere else?

"We don't want him he's shit but we want top picks and players as compo, nothing less".

Dullards.
Shitty team cultures build shitty supporter cultures.

I figure it's all just subconscious envy for Geelong's ability to run a professional organisation consistently and not fall into the BS dramas that clubs like the Dogs seem to generate every other season.

Either build a culture where your players aren't shitting in each other's lockers or build a culture where those stories don't get out, but preferably the former.

Shitty team cultures build shitty supporter cultures.

I figure it's all just subconscious envy for Geelong's ability to run a professional organisation consistently and not fall into the BS dramas that clubs like the Dogs seem to generate every other season.

Either build a culture where your players aren't shitting in each other's lockers or build a culture where those stories don't get out, but preferably the former.

Excuse me?

FFS can we stop the bullshit posts about Mullin and Hardie in the trading thread, Mullin is on the list and will be here next year, Hardie wont be so whatever one you have an issue with ****ing deal with it and shut the hell up or go start your own thread. Honestly some of you are like a bunch of 13 year olds.

Came here to read about potential trades and spend 5+ pages reading arguments about Mullin and Hardie.
It is a trading and wish list thread amongst other things, and there’s a cohort who clearly wish OM was traded or shot at close range for daring to play two serviceable finals but note take us to the promised land on his own shoulders whilst simultaneously dragging down the rest of his more accomplished teammates to his level of ineptitude. Hope that clears it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back