Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

That would be very concerning, Conway has not been able to play out even half a season so far, Stanley plays well once a month and Edwards is chasing Conway with injury concerns.
Yeah Nah... I'm not concerned one iota TBH.
He has finished his growing. That is where a lot of issues arise from bigger/giant boys/teens/men.
I'd reckon the club are all over it. With knowledge that we aren't privy to.
Everyone i know at the club or who has links ooze with expectations and excitement when his name comes up.
They are bullish, Chilli is bullish, the Club is bullish. FMD Any horn is a good horn as my Mrs says. lol.
I have faith he goes well... also that Jack Henry stays fit(foot). Blitz overcomes his injury(foot). Danger can make FatherTime wait just a little bit longer. Neale can take another step along with Bruhn and OllieH.
That COS develops nicely and quickly. Mullin clicks into gear in a good way where we see his speed on show.
The Club's gym is full of youngsters who need/want to build themselves into physically stronger individuals.
Geez i must have too many wishes or expectations.
But hey we have revamped our midfield in a way i would never had imagined.
So anything and everything is possible.
2025 cant come quick enough.

Makes much more sense.
What highly paid AFL players have a cookie cutter house and land package in Armstrong Creek at the top of their wishlist?
I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of houses in Armstrong Creek. There are the usual cliche designs. Still, it’s superior to a lot of housing estates.

Yeah Nah... I'm not concerned one iota TBH.
He has finished his growing. That is where a lot of issues arise from bigger/giant boys/teens/men.
I'd reckon the club are all over it. With knowledge that we aren't privy to.
Everyone i know at the club or who has links ooze with expectations and excitement when his name comes up.
They are bullish, Chilli is bullish, the Club is bullish. FMD Any horn is a good horn as my Mrs says. lol.
I have faith he goes well... also that Jack Henry stays fit(foot). Blitz overcomes his injury(foot). Danger can make FatherTime wait just a little bit longer. Neale can take another step along with Bruhn and OllieH.
That COS develops nicely and quickly. Mullin clicks into gear in a good way where we see his speed on show.
The Club's gym is full of youngsters who need/want to build themselves into physically stronger individuals.
Geez i must have too many wishes or expectations.
But hey we have revamped our midfield in a way i would never had imagined.
So anything and everything is possible.
2025 cant come quick enough.
The last sentence is me as well. I hope our players are as energised for the pre-season as I am lol. 😁

After enough exposure where a player was drafted becomes irrelevant, that draft pick is probably the only thing giving him market value. I felt that he wasn't a typical top 10 pick, I think he lacks a few attributes that are almost pre-requisites to being a star. If allowed I think his likely trajectory could be similar as Parfitt, in that he becomes a serviceable but otherwise undamaging midfielder.

Dominate is a strong word but Imo Clohesy's VFL form was better than Clarks. But the bias of not squandering a top 10 pick would in a line ball call give the advantage of getting AFL game time to one over the other. I fell that in a blind test it would be hard to pick them apart. But in a trade situation that bias works in our favour. Clohesy isn't worth anything at the trade table.
I think Clark will make a lot of people look a little silly soon enough.

Do yourselves a favour and don’t look at the dogs board. They’re claiming our board are saying we will only trade crumbs for Smith and won’t offer our first rounder… don’t think I’ve seen that mentioned once here haha. Think we all agree it’ll be our first and a sweetener most likely our second rounder
The echo chamber of panic

Lol Cornes this morning saying:

"It's not a criticism, but Geelong are the hardest club to deal with in terms of getting fair value for a player"

Then goes on to say the challenge will be how do they pay all these blokes (Oliver, Smith etc).

Then goes on to talk about how the Oliver deal ****ed over Melbourne and how Freo have done similarly with their ruck deals (two x $900k long term).
Sounds like he's answering his own questions

I remember Cornes this time last season saying the same thing. He was whining and sooking big time about the Cats not letting Esava go for peanuts.

Even some of his own nuffie listeners were calling him out for his obsession with geelong.
This makes me laugh. If it was only peanuts why weren’t Poort called out for just handing over said peanuts. Eventually they did, after their supporters licked all the salt offa them, still have the taste in their mouths.

I dont for a second believe we are hard to deal with, in fact i think quite the opposite, we always have the players best interest in mind when dealing, Cornes is just a salty campaigner because his team is shit
Agreed.

That and the fact other clubs over value their assets but at the same time undervalue them

I tell everyone at work (in Melbourne) that we give all these players APCO service stations...just for the melts

That's why you see so many if you drive around Geelong area!
I hear Joel Selwood owns the ones in Bendigo.

Soon to be handed over to Harley Reid

/sarcasm (added just in case)

Last edited:

The issue was Petracca didnt win and it crushed his ego, decided to blame Oliver and thats why he is being pushed out, he said “ranga nuts over there is the reason i didnt win, im not sure why but its his fault and ill leak that to the media so i can get more hits on my youtube channel, Gary dont forget to work the left nut too while you are down there”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Hardie on afl trade radio atm. They asked if he was ever told he was close.Sounded like Scott never told him he was close to getting a game… “I felt I was close to getting a game but the coach prefers to back in players he knows”

Mitch Hardie on afl trade radio atm. They asked if he was ever told he was close.Sounded like Scott never told him he was close to getting a game… “I felt I was close to getting a game but the coach prefers to back in players he knows”
Careful what you say Mitch, dont bite the hand that put you on the radar and gave you a chance to join an AFL club, cryptic backhanded comments wont get you far, “he prefers players who get to a prelim final not one way VFL runners”, reality is you werent good enough even if you thought you were.

On what terms would you consider it a good trade for us?
Id think paying 700-800k of his wage and dees pay the rest would be a good start, Dees will want the world “because they want to keep him” but we are under no obligation to do anything so we can walk away if they get stupid with requests

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back