Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Ned McHenry got delisted.

Geelong local boy, reckon Cats would eye him up as a cheap pickup.
I wouldn't think so, maybe as a VFL listed player, but as someone who is subjected to most Crows games.. he just ain't any good IMO

Melbourne are like those blokes who want to be in an open relationship only for them to quickly find out how easy it is for the missus to pick up and that no one wants them.

Hey Clayton how about we explore our options, an hour later “cool sounds good, Geelong want me im going there”…. “Wait… no come back”

Think it’s a ridiculous amount of schadenfreude shared amongst Melbourne clubs towards Geelong’s culture. They seem to think money is the only motivator for playing footy, and it is for some players, but it’s the player welfare aspect that the city clubs seemed to not understand or fail to realise.

I feel sorry for Clayton, he’s been shopped two years running, has some off field issues but the way the club is just burning him at the stake is enough to make one quit football altogether.
Not quite sure why oppo clubs would feel Schadenfreude towards Geelong? They’re furious because of our success + rationalise it with conspiracy theories. What is their pleasure derived by our misfortune? Sorry, don’t understand ☺️

Article 28 August 2024:
There’s the nuclear” option, apparently explored by Petracca, according to Ralph:
“The nuclear option, if all else fails, it’s the AFL’s grievance process which is detailed in the CBA, it’s never been used before, he’d have to prove a breach of contract and the basis of that would be the club’s treatment of him,” Ralph said.”

Robbo:
“I can see the Christian Petracca side but they’ve told him they love him, they told him they care for him.”
MFC are doing this to Oliver now. Dees 2024 Crisis Management playbook 🙄

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/wa...d/news-story/577a1d9e501b696bf63bb0f06d5eb2bd
What a dumpster fire that club is right now.

No news on whether Oliver will rock up tonight. But I'm told as recently as this morning, that his management team are adamant the player wants out and they are supporting the move.

This has all the makings of a classic stand-off. I don't think Mackie or Hocking will be the first to blink - but the way Melbourne are going they'll announce tonight that he's a required player - and by lunchtime tomorrow there'll be a courier van delivering Oliver and his locker contents to GMHBA in a nicely gift wrapped box.

I’ve got news. As it stands he isn’t going. Been told by someone who knows him personally MFC trying to convince him to go and he’s not having a piece of it. He’s checked out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clearly the Oliver thing is really a cluster#### of Melbourne and Claytons making. We have done the right thing by putting our case, but I bet we were clear on what we would pay both in trade and salary. If Melbourne want to continue to make the hole they dug bigger, fine. We have Martin, we will land Smith after some grandstanding rubbish from the dogs, so lets see what unearthed gem for the midfield the team come up with to add depth for next year. Just quietly, we spent an under 10 pick on Jhye Clarke and he has yet to show any real value for that pick. If he is a long slow burn, fine, but next year needs to be where he steps up to regular senior ball. SO he could still be the next piece of real depth there but I’m less confident as time goes on.
Only thing that annoys me about the whole thing is that Mack/Wells etc have wasted half a week focussed on it when they could have used that time looking at other targets/progressing other deals. Not to mention wasting Stewys and Stanley's time with farm tours etc. Kinda half happy if it doesn't go ahead, I mean I see how getting CO could be (COULD BE) a fantastic result but could also be a disaster. But then I'm not a huge risk taker, I take it pretty personally dropping $20 on the pokies let alone 1.3 mil on a potential culture/pay structure killer.

Article 28 August 2024:
There’s the nuclear” option, apparently explored by Petracca, according to Ralph:
“The nuclear option, if all else fails, it’s the AFL’s grievance process which is detailed in the CBA, it’s never been used before, he’d have to prove a breach of contract and the basis of that would be the club’s treatment of him,” Ralph said.”

Robbo:
“I can see the Christian Petracca side but they’ve told him they love him, they told him they care for him.”
MFC are doing this to Oliver now. Dees 2024 Crisis Management playbook 🙄

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/wa...d/news-story/577a1d9e501b696bf63bb0f06d5eb2bd
This is going to backfire so hard the minute they do something that demonstrates their "love" is all bullshit.

No news on whether Oliver will rock up tonight. But I'm told as recently as this morning, that his management team are adamant the player wants out and they are supporting the move.

This has all the makings of a classic stand-off. I don't think Mackie or Hocking will be the first to blink - but the way Melbourne are going they'll announce tonight that he's a required player - and by lunchtime tomorrow there'll be a courier van delivering Oliver and his locker contents to GMHBA in a nicely gift wrapped box.
I'll grab some gloves and a trolley and be there at 9 to do the heavy lifting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only thing that annoys me about the whole thing is that Mack/Wells etc have wasted half a week focussed on it when they could have used that time looking at other targets/progressing other deals. Not to mention wasting Stewys and Stanley's time with farm tours etc. Kinda half happy if it doesn't go ahead, I mean I see how getting CO could be (COULD BE) a fantastic result but could also be a disaster. But then I'm not a huge risk taker, I take it pretty personally dropping $20 on the pokies let alone 1.3 mil on a potential culture/pay structure killer.
How do you know its wasted half a week? Plus it aint even trade week yet anyway.

On another note GWS getting 16 for Perryman compo so that pushes our 1st another pick back, doggies not gonna be happy
All the angst about "how does Geelong do it" is not that hard to understand, really.

What we do is refuse to give bog average battlers like Perryman and Battle long term deals on double the average salary per year. Or Ben McKay. Or Jy Simpkin. Or Aaron Naughton. Or Darcy Parish. The list goes on.

And then Bassat has the gall to whinge about how poorly treated his club has been. Yeah, it has been poorly treated... by the incompetent mouth breathers running it.

The worst part though, is that the AFL continues to reward their incompetence. Priority picks are a disgrace. First round compo for spuds like Battle and Perryman is a disgrace. I mean, are we running a serious competition here or a circus?

I don't think it's a waste if the effort meant that Clayton declares he wants to go to the Cats.

It means other players will file that away as evidence that Geelong is a good destination.

All the angst about "how does Geelong do it" is not that hard to understand, really.

What we do is refuse to give bog average battlers like Perryman and Battle long term deals on double the average salary per year. Or Ben McKay. Or Jy Simpkin. Or Aaron Naughton. Or Darcy Parish. The list goes on.

And then Bassat has the gall to whinge about how poorly treated his club has been. Yeah, it has been poorly treated... by the incompetent mouth breathers running it.
Spot on.

Is it Freo giving two rucks $900k a year? The one they got from Melbourne and some other bloke. For the piddling output they produce.

All AFL footy clubs are close to being country footy clubs at heart, but some are far, far closer than others.

The only one getting aggro is you.

Weird.
No aggression here mate, just got back from taking my little girl to the show. It's been a beautiful day (apart from the price of showbags being totally out of control) 🥰

Cat Dancing GIF

No aggression here mate, just got back from taking my little girl to the show. It's been a beautiful day (apart from the price of showbags being totally out of control) 🥰

Cat Dancing GIF
Did you see Oliver riding the ferris wheel with Cats players while you were there, heard Oliver likes a dagwood dog too!!!

What a dumpster fire that club is right now.
Yes + all of their own making. Ludicrous of Dees to expect Geelong to bail them out. Ultimately, Oliver should go the ‘nuclear’ option.

He has a highly regarded manager, Nick Gieschen from Connors Sports Management.

Eventually, AFL might have to be involved.

I’ve got news. As it stands he isn’t going. Been told by someone who knows him personally MFC trying to convince him to go and he’s not having a piece of it. He’s checked out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Who could ****ing blame him it sounds like a toxic working environment to be in

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back