Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Was it here or on SEN I heard Geelong now have the league's best sports psychologist and that he was part of Melbourne's team up until 2019?
It was spoken about by Sam Edmund on SEN with Cornes. May have been relayed on here as well - but SEN is the originating source

Only thing that annoys me about the whole thing is that Mack/Wells etc have wasted half a week focussed on it when they could have used that time looking at other targets/progressing other deals. Not to mention wasting Stewys and Stanley's time with farm tours etc. Kinda half happy if it doesn't go ahead, I mean I see how getting CO could be (COULD BE) a fantastic result but could also be a disaster. But then I'm not a huge risk taker, I take it pretty personally dropping $20 on the pokies let alone 1.3 mil on a potential culture/pay structure killer.
It won't be 1.3 mill if this all goes wrong, though. More like 7-10 mill.

I’m not entirely sure how that works? Best defer to Lana or Pure_Ownage

Yes if you trade your fr2 it locks the fr1 unless you trade another clubs FR2 in. This is why we did the Henry deal how we did so the pies couldn't demand the future 1st.

Would be hilarious if they had this grand announcement to make at the BnF regarding Oliver staying and then Clarry just didnt turn up 🤣🤣🤣
Oliver would be a complete moron to not turn up to the B&F.
There's a very, very good chance that a deal won't be done with anyone. His contract is actually obscene.

He'd be biting off his nose to spite his face if nothing eventuates.
Imagine doing that, not being traded, and then spending 2025 living a miserable life where your team mates think you're a pig of a bloke.

Life is too short.

There's a very, very good chance that a deal won't be done with anyone. His contract is actually obscene.

Imagine doing that, not being traded, and then spending 2025 living a miserable life where your team mates think you're a pig of a bloke.

Life is too short.

I think it would be more a case of him wanting to avoid the circus of everyone’s eyes on him, every second person coming up to him asking him what he’s going to do etc etc.

Cam Luke is a clown. Dude talks like he's an expert on all things sport with a bunch of lame ass opinions.

Who even is he? What has he done of note ever to be discussing trades/players with any sort of authority?
At least Cooney was a Brownlow medalist and played 202 games.
I took the bait 😹

Pro Sports Fan by profession 🤭 LinkedIn states Ladbrokes 🙄

IMG_0734.jpeg
Wink-wink, nudge-nudge, know what I mean?

IMG_0735.gif

Options for Clayton tonight

1. Don’t turn up to Dee’s B&F (going)
2. Turn up smashed of his head and make a massive scene (going)
3. Turn up in cats jumper (going)
4. Turn up and be very polite and positive ( staying)
Maybe a blue & white pinstripe suit?

Turn up wearing Geelong guernsey, under navy + white pinstriped suit, + be very polite + positive (mind **** them)

Could go OTT + wear GFC cats’ ears headband, too much?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what Petracca is thinking now? The President is gone but the most inept management team led by the grossly overrated CEO, Gary Pert, is still calling the shots.

I was enjoying the talk of Oliver wanting to come to Geelong, but it didn't seem real to me, just as Smith didn't seem real until there was an official announcement.
Bring Trac over too. Give him a farm.

Life is too short.
You don't think he's entitled to put himself first after being shopped around 2 years running? If what we are hearing is true, there can be no comeback. They have treated him like a piece of livestock. And I reckon Petracca might be regretting his decision to agree to stay, thinking "that could be me".

If I was Oliver I wouldn't go to the B&F because the spotlight will be truly on him all night and that's not what the B&F should be about.

If he wants to stay he waits until the dust has settled

Feel for him. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario tonight.
And we have no idea if he is genuinely wanted there or it’s all PR to setup their next move.
It won't be for more money!

I’d happily give McHenry a spot, we will have a few list spots available and he’d be decent backup. But seems unlikely we’ll load up with delisted free agents.

Feel for him. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario tonight.
And we have no idea if he is genuinely wanted there or it’s all PR to setup their next move.
I think MFC have made it blatantly clear that player welfare is at the bottom of their list. Management are saving their arses.

Compare that to Oliver’s meeting with Hocking + Mackie, lunch with Hawkins, visit to Stanley’s farm with Stewart + Ferris Wheel ride with Selwood + co.

Add Scott’s talk about player welfare at last night’s Carji.

Poles apart.

If MFC think Oliver has acted improperly, imagine the reaction if they force him to stay. He will continue to vent anger + frustration. They’re culpable of endangering his mental health, which appears fragile.

I wonder what Petracca is thinking now? The President is gone but the most inept management team led by the grossly overrated CEO, Gary Pert, is still calling the shots.

I was enjoying the talk of Oliver wanting to come to Geelong, but it didn't seem real to me, just as Smith didn't seem real until there was an official announcement.
Whilst nothing is real until there is an official announcement one way or the other... I still absolutely expect this to happen or be hotly negotiated at worst.

Don't take much from the Dees apparently saying they won't entertain it, the wording has left the door ajar enough. It was just to calm the storm before the BnF... will ramp up again rapidly in the next 48 hours I would think

Melbourne are like those blokes who want to be in an open relationship only for them to quickly find out how easy it is for the missus to pick up and that no one wants them.

Hey Clayton how about we explore our options, an hour later “cool sounds good, Geelong want me im going there”…. “Wait… no come back”
I think Melb didn’t think there would any interest in Oliver and he comes back with his tail between his legs and they hold the whip hand. It sounds like it backfired, now Oliver is in a worse position playing for a club that doesnt want him…

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back