Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

didn't we also used to have a user called shadow?
If it’s the one I think you’re referring to, was booted + made new account, booted + made new account. He lives in Adelaide. So are you real the account formerly know as Shadow?

Last edited:

Point in case? FishGutz knew about Alex Davies and the interest in Oliver, which no-one else on this board confirmed halfway through the year. They've got runs on the board. That's your prerogative to dispute whether it's factual, but it can just as also easily be stated that your opinion that '95% of things said on here is BS' - also isn't factual. No way to prove otherwise.

We move on anyway, it's not important
I brought up Davies but your point still stands. He clearly has connections at the club.

I have been told that there are higher ups who don't want Clayton but that looks to be wrong at this stage

Last edited:
Yeah shadow something, was absolutely obsessed with the trade stuff.. Got something wrong or called out for something from memory and had a massive melt and nuked their account.

Good times, can't wait for what happens with v2
Ive seen a few have a melt and leave. In covid when the CFMEU building was getting attacked a poster threw a melt then, when he was found to be wrong about the guy kicking that dog.

Transcribed the Viney part so people could see how wish washy it is

"This is just moments ago. Jack Viney was door stopped by Channel 10 and was asked about Clayton Oliver."

"Yeah, Yeah, No I think I look forward to playing with Clayton next year. So no valued member of the team. So yeah. And I look forward to getting through this little period and get stuck into it in the next year. You know this time of year there's always kind of trade rumors, this kind of stuff and players meeting with other clubs.
So you know I spoke to Clazz and, you know, he's looking forward to, you know, I'm looking forward to him being part of the Melbourne Football Club next year."

"And you're certain that he is as well?"

"I mean, I'm not privy to this management discussions, but you know, my understanding is, yeah, he's a Melbourne player next year, My understanding is that he's a Melbourne football player next year."
Sounds cagey

Going back on the Bailey Smith deal.. I personally can understand Bulldogs wanting more then just our 1st round pick.. especially with these compo picks getting announced...
But if we only gave up our 1st round, it's a bargain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be piss funny if Krueger's asking to come back because Rohan made fun of his haircut one time and now Rohan's gone he feels safe to come back.

Obviously not the case, but a hilarious mental picture.
Lol is that for real? 😂

Attachments

• images (9).jpeg
    images (9).jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 18
  • images (10).jpeg
    images (10).jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 18
Eh, maybe. I dont see signs the AFL and clubs are dissatisfied with the current arrangements which, we have to accept, are remarkably good at meeting the equalisation objective.

The chink in the armour is, if anything, the inequity in where players want to go and play. I could see the AFL acting on that before they blow up part of a working equalisation arrangement. Something like making it so the top 4 each year is unable to have access to players of a certain calibre in the player movement period.
I don't know that the draft is the most effective equalisation measure. A bad first round pick can make your whole recruitment year a dud.

In any case, if would do what I suggested there regardless of taking away other measures

Transcribed the Viney part so people could see how wish washy it is

"This is just moments ago. Jack Viney was door stopped by Channel 10 and was asked about Clayton Oliver."

"Yeah, Yeah, No I think I look forward to playing with Clayton next year. So no valued member of the team. So yeah. And I look forward to getting through this little period and get stuck into it in the next year. You know this time of year there's always kind of trade rumors, this kind of stuff and players meeting with other clubs.
So you know I spoke to Clazz and, you know, he's looking forward to, you know, I'm looking forward to him being part of the Melbourne Football Club next year."

"And you're certain that he is as well?"

"I mean, I'm not privy to this management discussions, but you know, my understanding is, yeah, he's a Melbourne player next year, My understanding is that he's a Melbourne football player next year."
Is that the actual transcript or a joke?

Reads like a guy told to tell the media he's staying but just doesn't trust his club is actually going to do that

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back