Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Ego vs actual ability thing, right?
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this.

It's an irrelevant thing but I just assumed he would be delisted by the Pies.. Surely he is out of contract? They wouldn't have signed him for more than 3 from us would they?

Lol.

They've said 'shop yourself around, but we refuse to let you go'.

Maybe tonight he's playing up to their notion of staying, then will walk away and say 'nah, I'm leaving'?
They haven't actually said shop yourself around fwiw

Is that the actual transcript or a joke?

Reads like a guy told to tell the media he's staying but just doesn't trust his club is actually going to do that
That is 100% an accurate transcript of what was said

MFC PR machine doing overtime, rolling out the love

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

I brought up Davies but your point still stands. He clearly has connections at the club.

I have been told that there are higher ups who don't want Clayton but that looks to be wrong at this stage
Maybe the higher ups knew that Melbourne would shut it down if they lowballed and decided they wanted some off season entertainment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know that the draft is the most effective equalisation measure. A bad first round pick can make your whole recruitment year a dud.

In any case, if would do what I suggested there regardless of taking away other measures
I just mean empirically the comp has been reasonably even over a 20-ish year period so you have to conclude the tools in use are working fairly well.

In other words, we’d need to see something go wrong , or worse, from here to provide the imperative for change.

Didn't they allegedly tell him he could explore options?

Or is just that they shopped him behind his back?
The reported chain of events don't point to telling him he could explore his options.

It does however line up with Pert calling certain shit teams to ask what they'd cough up, Oliver finding out and saying "**** you I'm going to go talk to Geelong". Melbourne then panic and go into damage control

Do we know how the "shutting down the trade" at the bnf played out.

Anyone with half a brain or even just Chat GPT would phrase it as

Whats happened over the last 48 hours was an unfortunate mistake, Clayton is very much a required player at the Melbourne Football Club and we wish to see him retire a Demon and for he and the club to return to greatness together.

All I heard however was phrases like "shutting it down" and "won't be traded under any circumstances. This may seem like a show of support, but really it gives of this kind of vibe

the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back