Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Kid called Gabriel Stumpf has tested very well in the combine. Tall forward who hasn’t been given much mention in draft discussions. May be a possibility with one of our late picks?
Would Stumpf a few Channel 7 commentators with a name like that

Someone is obviously new to the sport of AFL, doesn't understand the history of the AFL or literally how they changed the drafting process of F&S selections following Geelong's acquisition of Hawkins with pick 41

Can you imagine no FS. North draft Ashcroft instead. It's just the JHF situation all over again after his first year. Removing the discounts / ability to match with a bunch of junk picks is better than removing FS for everyone.

Can you imagine no FS. North draft Ashcroft instead. It's just the JHF situation all over again after his first year. Removing the discounts / ability to match with a bunch of junk picks is better than removing FS for everyone.

North ending up getting Sheezel and Wardlaw for the JHF trade though so it paid off drafting him as it would drafting Ashcroft to then trade on to Brisbane at a later date.

I know it’s served Geelong well but the FS is a joke now, as well as academy picks. Sam Darcy, Ugle Hagan, the Ashcroft brothers, Nick Daicos etc….

North ending up getting Sheezel and Wardlaw for the JHF trade though so it paid off drafting him as it would drafting Ashcroft to then trade on to Brisbane at a later date.

I know it’s served Geelong well but the FS is a joke now, as well as academy picks. Sam Darcy, Ugle Hagan, the Ashcroft brothers, Nick Daicos etc….
Yeah it worked out for North but do we really want trade every year to be dominated by expectations that a F&S will ask to be traded at the first opportunity throughout the year and all through trade period.. I for sure don't .

Just change the rules so teams have to pay fair value for them not this shit of 4 picks in the 30s for a top 5 player.

Yeah it worked out for North but do we really want trade every year to be dominated by expectations that a F&S will ask to be traded at the first opportunity throughout the year and all through trade period.. I for sure don't .

Just change the rules so teams have to pay fair value for them not this shit of 4 picks in the 30s for a top 5 player.
Yeah agreed and that’s exactly what they are doing, but the new point system is t coming in this year.

Lucky Brisbane.

I had a Tigers fans talking about how dirty they were that Brisbane were going to get the best kid in the draft again for unders after just winning the flag.

I said “well you can be dirty on your club if they don’t bid on him with #1 on Levi and make them pay the maximum”.

I mean, it was always a stretch, we met with him, gave it a go, from reports Oliver was excited with what Geelong potentially pitched, he may even want to join us, but he's contracted until 2030 with Melbourne and if they're turning around now saying "He's not leaving" and won't budge on that, Geelong can't do anymore, and Oliver will have to just suck it up.

Club needs to focus on the Bailey Smith deal, we've already got Jack Martin in, and if i was Geelong i'd be looking at getting Kennedy, another big bodied mid who can find the ball and swing forward.
Matt Kennedy?

We forced Sav and Kelly to stay.
Different circumstances but we also didn’t trade them when they asked too
Both were very happy and stable at geelong. Sav just wanted guaranteed b22 and Tim Kelly had his partner cracking the sulks but he himself was happy.

Difference I see with Oliver is he has severely declined health wise with mental health troubles and drug addictions which has gotten to the point it has severely impacted his football and is requesting a fresh start.

I honestly can’t see us ever refusing to trade someone under those circumstances. We aren’t like that.

We might hold a content player or two who just wants to leave for a small reason or two, but I can’t ever see us acting that way with a severe health problem like that

Yeah agreed and that’s exactly what they are doing, but the new point system is t coming in this year.

Lucky Brisbane.

I had a Tigers fans talking about how dirty they were that Brisbane were going to get the best kid in the draft again for unders after just winning the flag.

I said “well you can be dirty on your club if they don’t bid on him with #1 on Levi and make them pay the maximum”.
If Richmond don't bid at one they can't complain about clubs not paying maximum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the father/son. It's also fantastic seeing the father/daughter in AFLW.

Hope it stays.
It should stay but the rules around it need changing so teams can't get a Daicos or Ashcroft for example for multiple picks in the 30s.. Make them pay a first rounder at least

If you had to choose 1 player to play in 2025. In Mitch Duncan or Gary Roha?
Who would everyone choose?
People are busy remembering what Rohan could be not how he was this year.. Always broken and then when he did play constantly junk. He could barely get a touch in the 2s when he there.
For as bad as Mitch looked at times he contributed a hell of a lot more and was better.

As it stands we won't really have either IMO, Mitch will get carried to his 300th out of respect and then out of the side, potentially retiring right away

So Brad Green said Clayton Oliver has the full support of the board, correct?

We all know how this ends up
I have a conspiracy theory. . .
Gary Ablett took mark of the century over Gary Pert in 1994. He’s still salty + that’s why he’s refusing Oliver to join Geelong 😼

Tbf the question was which would you rather for next season and the correct answer is neither
Quite possible but Duncan has earned another go while Rohan’s axing was absolutely correct. That says all you need to know.

I have a conspiracy theory. . .
Gary Ablett took mark of the century over Gary Pert in 1994. He’s still salty + that’s why he’s refusing Oliver to join Geelong 😼

He speaks pretty highly of Gazza.

Speaking of which, I know it's not the appropriate thread but I came across another angle of that famous mark

438112401_428067036719231_5265636104653719568_n.jpg

Trying my best to to get the original negative so I can have it restored.

He speaks pretty highly of Gazza.

Speaking of which, I know it's not the appropriate thread but I came across another angle of that famous mark

View attachment 2133338

Trying my best to to get the original negative so I can have it restored.
He could hardly bag GAS 😉

Nah, I think he's still got the capability, even if just his speed in defensive efforts and he can kick a big goal.
Nah, hasn’t shown it for a long time. Had a diabolical year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back